Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge official match day thread  (Read 29419 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 07:16:04 »

assuming power didn't change the budget mid recruitment, etc, I agree.

I still can't believe we didn't address the striker situation. if that's browns call then he deserves all he gets
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 07:16:45 »

Quote from: sir windon
I believe fans have a right to express their dismay through booing etc. The current state of our club is a disgrace which could be avoided.

absolutely, but booing 1 players every touch with 70 minutes to go is well out of order imo
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 07:16:50 »

No idea who got man of the match but got me Dunne probably deserves it. I don’t rate him but he came on and tried to take the game by th scruff of the neck. Our defence is a shambles currently. Lancashire is public enemy number one but I think that’s slightly harsh. Yes, he is limited and makes mistakes but I don’t think booing him during a game is suddenly going to turn him into Franco Baresi!! If anything Conroy was worse last night. I thought Knoyle played well enough and he is probably our most consistent player.

Anderson is the most frustrating player, great at running with the ball but 9/10 times gives the ball away trying to play killer passes. Richards looks like a shadow of a footballer and Adebayo seems wasted out on the wing with diagonal balls fired across to him. I don’t think the strikers are being properly utilised.

Brown has a tough job now. We have probably a month or so to see whether we are going to be a play off contender, or we are going to continue to slide perilously down the table.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 07:56:59 »

I would be interested in what would be the members  present team selection to try to halt this dangerous slide. Mine would be:

Vigs

Knoyle                             Wolfenden                  Nelson                 Conroy

Anderson                             Smith                     Dave                                 Dunne

Adebayou               Woollery

ust be the oldest
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 08:04:45 »

Normy that is one awful left side of the team you have there!!!

Vigs
Knoyle Woolfenden Nelson Taylor (I really dont see any other options, Romanski doesn't look ready)
Toums McCourt (Two holding players to help cover the full backs)
Alzate Anderson Doughty (narrow attacking three with the width to come from Knoyle/Taylor)
Adebyao
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 08:08:17 »

It's somewhat tin-pot forever changing managers but it often works, even if just for an initial bounce.  I'd get rid of Brown right now.  Agree with earlier comment re no internal appointee. 

We need a Martin Allen type,  zero finesse but some balls.  It's reasonable to assume that at least one of Macclesfield and Morecambe will be as good as down by March.  We don't need to do too much to stay above one more team.

Make no mistake, we're now in a relegation battle.... Macc do look likely, but Morecambe have had a few results and their current form is probably better than ours, so we can't rely on them.

Cheltnumb look dodgy, and may have made the classic error of getting rid of the old hand Johnson for a newbie Duff, who's yet to win a game; Spireites did it last season. Numb though have the get out of jail banker 6 points v us mind.

I know you said type but Allen currently has Spireites 19th in Conference 3 points off the trap door.

Of course the irony here is that we had a perfectly good Allen type Div 4 gaffer in Flitcroft, who the majority wanted out

Because you get a bit more wriggle room in Div 4, I reckon give Brown perhaps 3 more games to show he understands our plight and shows he can do something about it.  However, the worry is Power will just bump up McDonald , and hope to limp over the line as he failed to do in 16/17
Panda Paws

« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 08:28:29 »

Interesting chat with a mate of mine this morning who is involved with football down here and knows a lot of the London ex pros, including Power.

He's not sure Brown will go yet. Power loves him apparently. Said if he does go, Ben Chorley would be a shout to hold the fort.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 08:46:18 »

I think Ben Chorley, be it permanently or as caretaker, is a safe shout (when the time comes).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 08:53:21 »

The scary thing about this is that Browns reaction seems to be "Well, we'll keep working hard on the training ground". That says to me that he thinks the way we are shaping up is completely fine and doesn't need to change.

0 goals from open play in 6 games would suggest to any competent manager that SOMETHING has to change, surely?

On the subject of managers I still think instability would be a nightmare and also I really can't see who'd do any better. I like the young new manager approach but that is just as risky. Sam Ricketts at Wrexham is doing a decent job and is probably realistic. Garrard at Borehamwood another with Town ties who very nearly took them up from the Conference. Will we pay compo though? Probably not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 08:59:47 »

oh..I forgot our 1 was a free kick. thanks Tails
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:11:38 »

Normy that is one awful left side of the team you have there!!!

Vigs
Knoyle Woolfenden Nelson Taylor (I really dont see any other options, Romanski doesn't look ready)
Toums McCourt (Two holding players to help cover the full backs)
Alzate Anderson Doughty (narrow attacking three with the width to come from Knoyle/Taylor)
Adebyao

Don't think Bayo up front on his own would be the answer.
He needs to change those teflon coated boots pretty soon.
One positive contribution last night was to beat his man in the box then get booked for diving.

Still, if he carries on in the same vein then Fulham might be more inclined to sell him to us!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:28:33 »

I didn't go as away with work.....cannot describe how low I felt as the second goal alert buzzed on my phone.

Really sad state of affairs.

Need a turning point and fucking quick...

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:32:30 »

The scary thing about this is that Browns reaction seems to be "Well, we'll keep working hard on the training ground". That says to me that he thinks the way we are shaping up is completely fine and doesn't need to change.

0 goals from open play in 6 games would suggest to any competent manager that SOMETHING has to change, surely?

On the subject of managers I still think instability would be a nightmare and also I really can't see who'd do any better. I like the young new manager approach but that is just as risky. Sam Ricketts at Wrexham is doing a decent job and is probably realistic. Garrard at Borehamwood another with Town ties who very nearly took them up from the Conference. Will we pay compo though? Probably not.

We literally can't get worse. All we can do is carry on as bad, and never score/win again, or we can improve. There is no risk in getting rid of Brown right now.

Michael Flynn would be my preferred choice of realistic options. Ricketts is only 3 months into his first gig. Garrard would be interesting at least.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:38:29 »

Up to you stand in for PV tonight Bamboo?
Short and concise over loquacious and verbose.  Smiley
I prefer garrulous and voluble Wink glad I missed it, got a wedding Saturday so will miss that too, haven't read any report but on results alone it seems that Brown is no longer up to the job.

+1 to Brown out camp.

Please no. In reality Swindon will be playing shite but the posts will sounds like we are playing like Barcelona or Brazil and that we will be a premier league club in 5 years. Prefer someone who tells the truth and says what they see.

Anyway come one Swindon !!!
You do it then cunt. I say what I see, if you don't like it don't comment or read it or how about put your own warped negative opinion to even it out? simple.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:44:12 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:42:19 »

Phil Brown subs remind me a bit of me playing Football Manager, just chuck on more and more strikers in the hope of finishing a chance rather than actually trying to change the flow of play in any way.

It's a pretty miserable situation at the moment, not one that I'd like to be trying to sort out. Squad is very unbalanced, and we can't do anything about that in the short term.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: