Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge official match day thread  (Read 29393 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:46:45 »

Fucking Town End were shameful, fancy chanting "what a load of rubbish!" at the end - It wasn't that good lads!!!!

I have to say the booing at the was quite significant and for quite a period of time. Even during our last couple of relegations I don’t recall such numbers venting their frustration. 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:53:51 »

What was the goal music like?
Sir red ken

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:54:01 »

Fucking Town End were shameful, fancy chanting "what a load of rubbish!" at the end - It wasn't that good lads!!!!
Yeah what a bunch of cunts they should have sung the only way is up,oh the irony.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:54:52 »

What was the goal music like?

They played the Benny Hill music when the half time "score as quick as you can" comp was on.

Does that count?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 22:04:54 »

This will do.....

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 22:12:59 »

Crowd given as over 5,800. Do we believe that?

We've had this conversation loads of times.  The attendance is the number of tickets bought, not the physical attendees. 

I didn't bother going and couldn't give away ticket.  It still counts in the attendance.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 22:22:16 »

It's somewhat tin-pot forever changing managers but it often works, even if just for an initial bounce.  I'd get rid of Brown right now.  Agree with earlier comment re no internal appointee. 

We need a Martin Allen type,  zero finesse but some balls.  It's reasonable to assume that at least one of Macclesfield and Morecambe will be as good as down by March.  We don't need to do too much to stay above one more team.

Hearing about the direct targeting of individual players by the crowd is depressing.  Booing players always makes things worse unless the player(s) are patently not trying.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 22:32:42 »

Hearing about the direct targeting of individual players by the crowd is depressing.  Booing players always makes things worse unless the player(s) are patently not trying.

Does that have to be registered?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 23:19:51 »

He was and then we nearly went 3-0 down while it took ages for Dunne to get ready.

I know fancy not being prepared to come on in the 15th minute.

Fucking shambles tonight. Fans included. Time to panic? Probably.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 23:32:13 »

I believe fans have a right to express their dismay through booing etc. The current state of our club is a disgrace which could be avoided.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 23:41:44 »

It's an appalling situation to be honest, I can't believe any fans are content with the current position this club is in. It's like groundhog day. Horrible to see.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 05:51:35 »

No goal in open play since 22nd of September which is 6 games (I don't count the crap cup). That is a really worrying stat and something clearly needs to change, Browns summer recruitment just appears scattergun and he doesn't seem to know how he wants us to play or set up. With this in mind it's probably time for a change as a manager should at the very least be clear what he wants in is own head.
Panda Paws

« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 06:02:57 »

It's somewhat tin-pot forever changing managers but it often works, even if just for an initial bounce.  I'd get rid of Brown right now.  Agree with earlier comment re no internal appointee. 

We need a Martin Allen type,  zero finesse but some balls.  It's reasonable to assume that at least one of Macclesfield and Morecambe will be as good as down by March.  We don't need to do too much to stay above one more team.

No one ever needs Martin Allen.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 06:56:56 »

Is he still here ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 07:13:34 »

It's an appalling situation to be honest, I can't believe any fans are content with the current position this club is in. It's like groundhog day. Horrible to see.

It is, but it only takes some success on the pitch to put it right. A few wins and it'll be positive again as it was a few weeks ago. I just can't see that happening under Brown.

I can't find myself blaming Power for this, asides from the fact we should not be in this league. He made what most would agree were reasonable appointments in Flitcroft and Brown when they signed and supported them reasonably well. There is no fucking way we should be playing like we are with this squad. No way.

It'd be great to have hindsight.

He needs to make a decision in time this time though, he can't allow it to drag on like he did with Williams.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: