Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge official match day thread  (Read 29507 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:39:06 »

Don’t worry boys we are only 6 points off the playoffs 🤣
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:40:41 »

That's got to be the end of PB, lets hope he takes LP with him. On this run of form we're looking at loosing losing* our league status.

*Loosening your belt will cause you to lose your trousers.

'If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing theirs and blaming it on you.
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too...'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:40:50 »

Time to start thinking about who we want next...

We are worse than last season.
Sir red ken

« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:41:13 »

Excluding Plymouth game, I think that’s 6 games now where we haven’t scored a goal from open play (ie excluding freekicks). Surely changes have to be made for Saturdays game.
Yes changes are needed before Saturday. Our 3 old cloggers need to be benched.Our manager needs to be retired. At this rate PB is going to get a worse record than Malpas. I know changing the manger doesn't always work and STFC are chewing them up and spitting them out with LP as owner but keeping Brown who's not working will see us looking at the drop.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:41:34 »

Didn’t watch, didn’t need to. No point calling for Power to leave, he’s here to stay and there’s no viable replacement that we know of. We can only change what can be changed and that’s Brown. If Cooper can get something out of the squad at FGR, someone should be able to get something out of that lot.

Question is whether Taylor sees it as the right opportunity. I’d be 100% behind him.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:43:00 »

A big, big half coming up.  Three points needed.  Men or mice?
I have my answer.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:43:05 »

6 league wins from 25 games in charge and he came into a squad on the edge of the playoffs. Get the cunt sacked and let's move on. NO TO Taylor as well.
Sir red ken

« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:43:11 »

Didn’t watch, didn’t need to. No point calling for Power to leave, he’s here to stay and there’s no viable replacement that we know of. We can only change what can be changed and that’s Brown. If Cooper can get something out of the squad at FGR, someone should be able to get something out of that lot.

Question is whether Taylor sees it as the right opportunity. I’d be 100% behind him.
No one from inside the club. It never work for us.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:44:32 »

That ranks behind the Lincoln game, awful.  Sorry Bamboo, stats don't win games.  We had two good chances all game, the rest were not a real threat, but Cambridge could very easily have had 4 or 5 by the end due to a plodding defence.

I understand the need to change something and go for it.  I also understand the fact Dave was up and down today and messed up twice for the goals, but there was seemingly no thought about structure when making the change.  Yet again, what little shape we did have then vanished.  As bad as Flitcroft in that sense.

Brown has offered nothing to suggest he knows a way out of this other than to keep rolling dice.  He's got players, not for the way he wants to play though, whatever that may be.  He's also left himself some gaps which make it tough to change the set-up.

It's a mess.  I'd wave him goodbye and give someone a chance to review ahead of January.  It's a shame really.  The first few games offered some glimpses of an emerging improvement, there are some players with a bit of talent, but the mix is wrong and we are changing our way out of form and into a complete loss of confidence.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:46:42 by RobertT » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:44:42 »

One thing that's annoyed me most about Power's tenure was his unwillingness to change things in our relegation season. Had he made a change in time then we could well be playing in L1 right now. Instead, he faffed about and here we are. I fucking hope he doesn't make the same mistake this season. That's not me suggesting we're going down, more that we can still go up but he has to draw the line at some point.

I've seen some mention 'stability' when it comes to changing managers. How would keeping on Brown help where stability is concerned. Today was woeful. We're getting worse. Should we keep a manager whose performing awfully for the sake of 'stability'? Fuck that.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:45:18 »

No, I think it'd ruin him. He's too nice to be a manager right now. He's passionate yes but it's like Joe Hart passionate. Causes a loss of focus. We need calm. Question is, who would you choose to take over PB.

I think he desperately needs the transfer window.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:45:57 »

Yeah i'm not a fan of sacking managers. But Brown must be on a tightrope, with one end being untied. The Crewe game showed me how bad we were, and we arent getting better.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:47:22 »

We’re winning away, we’re winning away, how shit must you be? We’re winning away. Sums the game up really doesn’t it.

I doubt me and the lad will be back this side of Christmas TBH as a combination of work commitments and general malaise combine to dampen any urgency to get out to SN1. My optimism of Brown being an excellent appointment has not turned 180 so still holds, his acquisitions however are not cutting the mustard.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:53:08 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:47:40 »

The players are responding to Brown’s management by producing half arsed performances like that.

No effort when we don’t have the ball, no desire to compete and physically weak.

They’ve given up - as have I.
Flashheart

« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:47:45 »

Oh, and as for stats.

One reason we had the possession we did etc is because they allowed us to. 2-0 up against a team that can't score against a woeful Mansfield that were a man down for 45 minutes +. It was easy for them. Cambridge could just let us faff about with it and try to score from the break, which they nearly did several times.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: