Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup draw  (Read 24536 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 15:18:46 »

It's in black and white that he has taken money out of the business, to repay money he put into the business.  It is also black and white that the business still owes him shy of 2m.  What isn't 100% clear is how the money gets deployed, but the Balance Sheet does show a 2.5m increase in the value of Land and Buildings, which happened at least a year and a bit ago.  The only logical conclusion is the Training Ground site.

Overall, the Balance Sheet is much tidier than at any time in recent memory.

We still have 2m of debt to be paid to the club, so there is enough coming down the pipeline to cover any current liabilities and a bit more to repay Power some of the remainder.

The Debenture, from memory, is due on sale of the business - he's probably got the business close to a point where he'd be able to get a sale price sufficient to cover that.

The one unknown is the impact the decline in the league position, and potentially income, could have.  I'd like to think it's enough of a risk that he has to do something to stem the bleeding.  The big risk, as a fan, is that someone still sees a business worthy of investment, regardless of league position.
Flashheart

« Reply #106 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 15:29:22 »

If only he could get it right on the pitch as well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 15:31:30 »

It's in black and white that he has taken money out of the business, to repay money he put into the business.  It is also black and white that the business still owes him shy of 2m.  What isn't 100% clear is how the money gets deployed, but the Balance Sheet does show a 2.5m increase in the value of Land and Buildings, which happened at least a year and a bit ago.  The only logical conclusion is the Training Ground site.

Overall, the Balance Sheet is much tidier than at any time in recent memory.

We still have 2m of debt to be paid to the club, so there is enough coming down the pipeline to cover any current liabilities and a bit more to repay Power some of the remainder.

The Debenture, from memory, is due on sale of the business - he's probably got the business close to a point where he'd be able to get a sale price sufficient to cover that.

The one unknown is the impact the decline in the league position, and potentially income, could have.  I'd like to think it's enough of a risk that he has to do something to stem the bleeding.  The big risk, as a fan, is that someone still sees a business worthy of investment, regardless of league position.

I guess that appointing Wellens was an attempt to "stem the bleeding"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 15:32:39 »

Quite often one follows the other. But it's sailing a bit close to wind in the meantime.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 16:36:09 »

I guess that appointing Wellens was an attempt to "stem the bleeding"

you can't give Wellens a free couple of games and then after 1 use it against him.

you couldn't even give a prediction but seem to revel in the loss like you did really know it was coming all along.

We have to turn a corner soon before it does start to get desperate. he had his major fuck up first game. let's see a response then re-visit
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 17:55:08 »

I’d rather be non league

Glad you’ve finally admitted it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 18:38:05 »

you can't give Wellens a free couple of games and then after 1 use it against him.

you couldn't even give a prediction but seem to revel in the loss like you did really know it was coming all along.

We have to turn a corner soon before it does start to get desperate. he had his major fuck up first game. let's see a response then re-visit

I've really no idea what you're on about.... but will try and pick a way through. Rob made the point about Power getting concerned about the declining league position, causing him "to stem the bleeding" I suggested that Wellens could be his answer to that.

If the second line refers to Saturday.... I said too many imponderables to make a call then listed a few. I had no idea.... having no idea why would I then want to say we'll do this or that?  Makes no sense.

I'm fairly confident I said that Wellens got Sat and PV as free shots...and then we'll start needing to see that he's understanding the squad as we'll have 10 or so games before anything can happen in the window.

As for turning corners.... yes it would be a good idea and if we could find say 3 wins and a couple of draws in those 10 games, it would keep us above the drop line.... anything less and it will be tenuous. To provide context the last 10 have provided 2 wins and 3 draws.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 19:13:33 »

Glad you’ve finally admitted it
That's some of the worst selective quoting I've seen in ages, you know full well that isn't what Reg said or meant.For the record, here's the full quote:
I've always backed the idea of sustainability, and us having a natural sort of position in the pecking order, but if we are to be non league as a result, I'd rather be non league as a Trust run club.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 19:25:01 »

That's some of the worst selective quoting I've seen in ages, you know full well that isn't what Reg said or meant.For the record, here's the full quote:
I think he may have got that Paul  Cheesy

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: