Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Breakdown Cover  (Read 2520 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 12:56:43 »

AA, RAC or Green Flag.

Decided that with winter coming my tranny van could do with some back up. Who. To choose?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 13:19:54 »

AA, RAC or Green Flag.

Decided that with winter coming my tranny van could do with some back up. Who. To choose?

AA always been OK, RAC always been utter shite, was a member of Green Flag but never called them out.

As we don't do big mileage anymore I just did a search on moneysupermarket or whatnot and went for the cheapest, up here with the independents its invariably an Egertons recovery vehicle that rocks up whoever you go with.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 13:21:16 »

Well, its all a bit pot luck really.

Was with the RAC since about 93 until a bad experience couple of years ago.

Mrs B had a very slow callout to flat battery (it was a cold day, so no doubt very busy), got the RAC out to start it, was told it would be fine to get her to quickfit - RAC had a stupidly expensive battery but it was well overpriced.

Car conked out at the top of the road, RAC long gone. Wouldn't come back as it was an existing fault (give first visit), only after arguing they agreed if we bought said battery, another several hours later...

So we went stupid cheap. Don't have own vans, sub contract out. God know what it'll be like if we break down in the arse end of nowhere. But used them once in Swindon and someone came out within 20 minutes.
     https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

If I was going mainstream again I'd go Greenflag. No experience of them though.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 13:21:36 »

Green flag use 'local' garages. Never had a problem.

Whoever you use remember to use a cashback site!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 13:29:39 »

A nationwide flex plus current account includes breakdown cover, travel insurance and mobile phone insurance, and 3% on balances up to £2.5k, for £13 a month

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 13:47:47 »

A nationwide flex plus current account includes breakdown cover, travel insurance and mobile phone insurance, and 3% on balances up to £2.5k, for £13 a month

This - and I've used both the travel insurance and breakdown cover with absolutely no complaints.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 14:45:12 »

Free overseas cash withdrawals too

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 17:06:59 »

Emergency Assist. They've sent a local recovery firm/Green Flag the two times I've called on them and cover was something like £24 a year including home start.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 17:41:00 »

RAC have always been good, couple of months back I hit a rock in the Alps, and had a major blow out, and they had someone there to sort it in under 2 hours.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 20:08:21 »

RAC have always been good, couple of months back I hit a rock in the Alps, and had a major blow out, and they had someone there to sort it in under 2 hours.

Not sure my trip to Hereford is as risky as your trip in the alps....
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 19, 2018, 21:58:53 »

Were you on a pushbike?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 08:20:20 »

There were lots of crazy cyclists, but I was in a Transit.
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 09:33:51 »

www.startrescue.co.uk something like 30 quid a year - used greenmeadow the one time I've called them and arrived in good time. Decent app and premium actually went down following year
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: