Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield official match day thread  (Read 32024 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 11:34:15 »

Strange how Northampton were happy for us to take Richards off their hands last January - he wasnt in their starting XI and had gone stale it seemed.  He found a new lease of life with us, but looks to have slipped backwards to his late Cobblers form this season.  Sadly Brown doesn't have too many options up front to bin him but I will be surprised if he starts on Tuesday evening.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 12:22:02 »

I think yesterday was Taylor's best game for ages, certainly from a defensive point of view, he was winning headers and reading the game well enough.

No doubt at all that he needs replacing as a starter though and once Woolery is able to start games we should see Richards drop to the bench, should be fine coming on for 20 minutes and purely looking to score a goal rather than be the focal point of a starting 11.

It would be fantastic if we could secure Sid on a permanent in January, I love him to bits, seeing his face when Crawley finally got the point against us told me everything I need to know about him.

We had so much pace on the pitch for the last 25 minutes, we really need to find a way to utilise it soon.

2 games left for me, please let there be a win.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 12:43:54 »

I didn't think Lancashire did too badly yesterday, one pass aside. Is he better than Wolfie, not sure about that.

let's not talk about the FA cup and non league opposition exits. Chippenham are still in the hat!
Flashheart

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 12:46:10 »

Defeats to non-league clubs have taken a few scalps over the years.
REDBUCK

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 13:07:23 »

I didn't think Lancashire did too badly yesterday, one pass aside. Is he better than Wolfie, not sure about that.

let's not talk about the FA cup and non league opposition exits. Chippenham are still in the hat!

Yes, he looked OK yesterday but didn't really have a centre forward causing to many problems a la Exeter, just one that played for free kicks.

Another thing with him is that he struggles to play any quality type of forward Pass when he has time on the ball.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 14:29:10 »

Defeats to non-league clubs have taken a few scalps over the years.

Do you mean STFC managers?

The only one I can think of who sort of did was Maurice Malpas.... and even he on losing to Histon, got a chance v Brighton in the Boycott trophy, it was losing that which got him the sack.

All these managers lost to a non league side and didn't get the sack.... Bert Head, Danny Williams, Lou Macari, Steve McMahon, Paolo di Canio.... all got us a promotion, 3 a Div 3 or 4 title and 1 a major trophy.  These 2 also lost to a non league outfit... Danny Wilson, Mark Cooper, both got us to a Wembley PO final.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 17:15:35 »

Havent looked back!

Sums us up...we don't look shite and we don't look great either...12 place exactly mid table.

I like the team PB picked but not sure about his substitutions. Anderson should of gone off...

Mansfield looked more organised and better at times.

sending off justified IMO as he could of gone for the first.

Only once did we look like we had an extra man and we fluffed the far post chance.

Special mention to yet another shite ref who was appalling for both sides....The free kick when Taylor hit the post was a joke and should never of been given.....AND...how the fuck can a man be scythed down and you play on, only then  to pull it back and then not book the player as you suddenly realise that the fucker has to walk if you do....total prick all game.

We are where are...mid table...not shite and not great..

Season on a knife edge.

Brown needs to tell the players that they are playing in divvy four of English football....play it quicker in the final third and if you fail, fail quickly and start again. Too many times we broke and then pissed about with it for minutes before giving it away....play the through ball, cross the fucking thing...shoot...  We don't do it enough, only in the dying minutes did we up our game and Mansfield rocked..

I always call the season at the end of Nov....time is ticking.

Im not doing Cambridge Tuesday as away with work but I am sure I wont be alone...people are losing heart a bit...

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 17:27:40 »

Do you mean STFC managers?

The only one I can think of who sort of did was Maurice Malpas.... and even he on losing to Histon, got a chance v Brighton in the Boycott trophy, it was losing that which got him the sack.

All these managers lost to a non league side and didn't get the sack.... Bert Head, Danny Williams, Lou Macari, Steve McMahon, Paolo di Canio.... all got us a promotion, 3 a Div 3 or 4 title and 1 a major trophy.  These 2 also lost to a non league outfit... Danny Wilson, Mark Cooper, both got us to a Wembley PO final.

It wasn't the Boycott Cup then Reg...I went to see that shambles. We all waved at Malpas as he trudged off...it was the end..

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 18:39:38 »

It wasn't the Boycott Cup then Reg...I went to see that shambles. We all waved at Malpas as he trudged off...it was the end..

I know but it's had a number of different names and being unable to recall whatever it was under Malpas, used Boycott as everyone knows what it means.

I did once win an Auto Windscreens Shield T-shirt in a program comp, which was exciting.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 19:57:32 »

I know but it's had a number of different names and being unable to recall whatever it was under Malpas, used Boycott as everyone knows what it means.

I did once win an Auto Windscreens Shield T-shirt in a program comp, which was exciting.

So did I...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, October 21, 2018, 21:00:29 »

Is it cutting in?

Clems Army!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #206 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 08:39:56 »

Play Adebeyor in Richards role ffs. I really do not understand Brown he is tinkering for the sake of it
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 09:23:34 »

Well, that was my third game in three and a half years. All I can say is Mansfield looked a little more controlled and solid than we did, the main concern was the lack of a cutting edge in front of goal. Actually, a lack of anything in front of goal.
My record for the last three...
P3, W0, D1, L2. GF 0, GA 5. So nothing much has changed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 09:36:54 »

Well, that was my third game in three and a half years. All I can say is Mansfield looked a little more controlled and solid than we did, the main concern was the lack of a cutting edge in front of goal. Actually, a lack of anything in front of goal.
My record for the last three...
P3, W0, D1, L2. GF 0, GA 5. So nothing much has changed.

Given that the 2 previous ended in defeat then surely Saturday's point represents an improvement  Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, October 22, 2018, 09:46:55 »

the main concern was the lack of a cutting edge in front of goal

Er, yeah, I hadn't realised that it was now 1 goal in 5 league games.

That Plymouth result should be ignored. Its an imposter in our current run.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: