Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield official match day thread  (Read 31169 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 11:08:33 »

4-1 town  att 7130
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 11:12:25 »

Revenge would be sweet against Flitcroft who bailed on us last season while both teams were in the play off places and neither of our sides even got into the play offs in the end. The is little love for Flitcroft around these parts apart from maybe Reg who often extols his virtues as a lower league manager. Saying that there are not many will praise Brown either at the moment!

Just for the record, I'll repeat that my thoughts are that Flitcroft did OK, given the circumstances of coming into an essentially broken club, late and so needed to rebuild the very basics, we were in the PO slots when he left.

I don't get the outers and haters... what is particularly strange is that having wanted the fella gone, when he does go they're up in arms about it.  Realistically it was probably the compensation, that enabled us to get a manager of Brown's experience, and given they've got a bit more "football" into the bargain surely they should be happy with Flitcroft. 

Certainly had Power taken their advice and sacked him in December, the hole in the budget would not have been made up to enable a proper appontment.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 11:15:52 »

I like it when a normally run of the mill game has some added interest through the actions of one individual.

Nothing will ever beat the hostility from the stands or the calculated brutality on the pitch that greeted Joey Beauchamp on his return to the CG.

Was half expecting, that by now, 'Flitters fritters' would be descriptive of both what happens to his playing budgets and also of his next employment venture.

Any abuse that he gets will be entirely warranted.

Most important thing is to get back on track with a win.
If we lose then the microwave door might be shut a bit harder than necessary when next used.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 11:23:57 »

Got to be a 100% improvement on what we witnessed in Exeter last week, possession is ok but somebody needs to start making and taking chances.  Hope the body languag of a couple of players will be better than last week - if selected!  Heart says a win, head thinks a draw. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 11:43:29 »

Just for the record, I'll repeat that my thoughts are that Flitcroft did OK, given the circumstances of coming into an essentially broken club, late and so needed to rebuild the very basics, we were in the PO slots when he left.

I don't get the outers and haters... what is particularly strange is that having wanted the fella gone, when he does go they're up in arms about it.  Realistically it was probably the compensation, that enabled us to get a manager of Brown's experience, and given they've got a bit more "football" into the bargain surely they should be happy with Flitcroft. 

Certainly had Power taken their advice and sacked him in December, the hole in the budget would not have been made up to enable a proper appontment.
I don't recall any outcry to sack Flipflop in December and I was certaintly not one of them. I wanted him to finish what he started, I am not a fan of sacking somebody in their first season and that still applies to how I feel about Brown also.

The problems I had with Flipflop was that he was a poor tactician, made poor substitutions, played several players well out of their natural position and the football was as poor quality as I have seen in my 40+ years of following Swindon.

I was upset that he quit a the time he quit as it disrupted our push to the play offs but I was not upset that he quit.

I still stand by my judgement that he is a poor jobbing lower league manager and Brown is (despite his current form) a far better man manager and tactitician than Flipflop will ever be.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 11:51:13 »

He’s just one of those blokes it’s very easy to dislike. So any small reason to is readily seized upon.

Fucking twat
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:02:01 »

I don't recall any outcry to sack Flitcroft in December and I was certaintly not one of them. I wanted him to finish what he started, I am not a fan of sacking somebody in their first season and that still applies to how I feel about Brown also.

The problems I had with Flitcroft was that he was a poor tactician, made poor substitutions, played several players well out of their natural position and the football was as poor quality as I have seen in my 40+ years of following Swindon.

I was upset that he quit a the time he quit as it disrupted our push to the play offs but I was not upset that he quit.

I still stand by my judgement that he is a poor jobbing lower league manager and Brown is (despite his current form) a far better man manager and tactitician than Flitcroft will ever be.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57210.0

Majority wanted him gone....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:11:30 »

Don't remember much about it at the time TBH - I just remember that we were playing some shocking football at that time and he was making a LOT of bad choices with team selection, tactics and substitutions, reiterating my point about him being a pretty shit manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:15:23 »

That was at a time when he was on an atrocious run. He was fortunate that Power stuck with him, a lot of owners would have got rid. And look how Power was repaid...

I'm glad he went, but he was a massive cunt for doing so.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:17:22 »

I think the question was worth asking.

In a spiteful football fan way, I wish we axed before he ditched us  Smiley

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:21:54 »

Looking through that old thread, why did Don Roger’s Sock ditch the TEF?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:27:25 »

That was at a time when he was on an atrocious run. He was fortunate that Power stuck with him, a lot of owners would have got rid. And look how Power was repaid...

I'm glad he went, but he was a massive cunt for doing so.

We never went more than 3 league games without a win under Flitcroft, hardly atrocious, more the sort of pattern that suggests a slightly better than average season.  By your logic, Brown would now be unemployed as he's on 4 league games without a win.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:28:38 »

Wouldn't disagree with much of what you've said Reg.

As far as Flitcroft is concerned there might be a fair few, not being 'outers and haters', but whose main issue is with the jumping ship and the timing of it. He can dress it up as much as he likes, but at the end of the day it was a betrayal of the club and rendered everything that he said about the 'project' and 'commitment' as just empty rhetoric.

As an irrational football fan, there can be no forgiveness.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:30:28 »

They are missing Bishop today - who, according to Stags fans, is their most influential midfielder.

No bashing the Bishop today, then
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 12:54:47 »

Vigs starts, doughty back
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: