Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield official match day thread  (Read 32080 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:01:55 »

Poor first half, Mansfield have to be one of the most boring teams in this piss poor league, conning the ref (who was a total tosser) at every opportunity.  Did enough to win the game in the second half without really looking like we were going to.  Guess Tuesday night will be yet another formation and we will look as disjointed as today.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:04:28 »

Brown seems desperate to me.  His inclination to make changes, to get players into the team that probably aren't really up to fitness (Doughty today, Richards earlier on), the substitutions also seem like throws of a dice rather than any sort of calculated plan.  Taking off Diagouraga might have made some sense if you are trying to get more attacking players on the pitch but he just slotted Doughty into the same role who was clearly not up a full 90 minutes at any sort of pace.  Adebayo was mostly shit today but bringing on Iandolo to play the same role was never going bring much reward - the option for getting Iandolo would have been Taylor, especially with them down to 10, or you just don't use him.

It seemed obvious a few weeks ago, a new left back in the January window and we had to hope Woollery would replace Richards and bring goals.  Those are both still there but other areas seem to be unraveling.  It's not clear to me what his plan is.  We completely changed formation and style in the first half, playing it long all the time.  Adebayo seemed to be upfront with Richards at that point and we haven't really played like that before.  That follows a couple of games trying a back 3.  It's just smacking of not knowing the right solutions, or having any sort of plan.  The signing of a player like McGlashan makes sense if you intend to go with wide men, but then he didn't get anyone for the left, it's all over the shop, and that is precisely what we looked like today.  There is some talent for this level in the squad, but nobody seems to know their job, apart from Nelson, with the outfield players.  I mean, how do we keep ending up with Taylor as last man defending when we have set pieces?
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:10:34 by RobertT » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:07:27 »

Just as likely to lose our league status if we keep Brown

Sorry, didn't see Reg had posted similar. Must've been writing at a similar time.

I get what you mean but doing that could ruin a manager in his first gig. Talk about dunking upside down in the deep end! At least Brown is made of stronger stuff, however I don't think he'll take us down. I'm sure he's itching to move a few players on and sign a few but alas...we have to wait until Jan. I actually think that Vigs will be played and talked  up from now til transfer window. Move his stock up a tad and will be sold if offers come in. We have McCormick who can slot straight in. I would gamble that this may happen;

Vigs sold £150/200k
One of Keshi/Woolery sold £150/200k
Taylor steps back to substitute
Richards steps back to substitute.
Buy a NL punt who's banging them in £75/100k
Buy a L2 proven LB and isn't finished £100k
Make a bid for Woolf £100k and drop Lancs.

Promotion (see it's easy...*)

*Promotion not guaranteed, none of the above guaranteed to actually happen it's just tongue in cheek, don't kill me.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:20:37 »

To be replaced by whom?
There's always some one else...

REDBUCK

« Reply #169 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:29:22 »

Great cross in and Richards heads straight at the keeper, poor miss.

He was given off side
REDBUCK

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:33:09 »

Taylor has been really poor today, poor free kicks and very poor passing in general.

You really don't like him do you
REDBUCK

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:37:16 »

Town pressurising Mansfield but can't get that final ball in.

Mansfield are a very very average L2 side, we should be beating them and all the teams like them really.

Don't see why, the team we have are on a par with mid Div 4 teams.
REDBUCK

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:40:50 »

Nelson header inches wide.

Good chance, couldn't make up his mind, either head goal wards or knock it back a cross, did neither.
REDBUCK

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:44:35 »

Mansfield are a dirty bunch of wankers. 6 bookings and a sending off for them today.

No more than some other visitors, Ref didn't help.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 17:58:26 »

Did Nelson is far and away the highlight of this season. He is clearly an absolute loon. I think he loves it here as well given his reaction after the final whistle and taking the time to applaud us in the DRS.

Today, that was 3 points for the taking. Mansfield were bobbins. Once again Richards is just not working in our formation, Brown still has a lot of work to do. Two goalless draws I’ve been to now, at least this one was more entertaining than the Oldham game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 18:02:25 »

Feared the worst was about to happen when Elsnik squared up to Nelson....
Sir red ken

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 18:02:38 »

Sorry, didn't see Reg had posted similar. Must've been writing at a similar time.

I get what you mean but doing that could ruin a manager in his first gig. Talk about dunking upside down in the deep end! At least Brown is made of stronger stuff, however I don't think he'll take us down. I'm sure he's itching to move a few players on and sign a few but alas...we have to wait until Jan. I actually think that Vigs will be played and talked  up from now til transfer window. Move his stock up a tad and will be sold if offers come in. We have McCormick who can slot straight in. I would gamble that this may happen;

Vigs sold £150/200k
One of Keshi/Woolery sold £150/200k
Taylor steps back to substitute
Richards steps back to substitute.
Buy a NL punt who's banging them in £75/100k
Buy a L2 proven LB and isn't finished £100k
Make a bid for Woolf £100k and drop Lancs.

Vigs didn't he cost us nearly £400K? not good business buying high and selling low.
How much have paid for Keshi and Wollery?
Agree with Richard and Taylor.
No more non league players untill were out of div2 or we'll be heading to the NL.
Left back, we haven't had one for years. Well not a fit proper one who can do a job.
Yes to Woolf goodbye to Lancs.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 18:21:35 »

Take my selling/buying figures with a pinch of salt SRK. I'm out of the loop. Hence my '*' added to the mix up. In essence, I mean the 'assets' we may sell, should go for a little more than the or equal to what we buy. Even though PB may already have some change to spend from the sale of Flint (but not as much as many would like to think). That could provide for A.N.Other to come in or pay the wages of an O.O.C higher earner? We'll soon see - or not, come end of Jan.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 18:28:46 »

Feared the worst was about to happen when Elsnik squared up to Nelson....

So did I Batch. Pleasantly surprised he didn’t react?

Anyone know what Vigs issue was at the end? He had to be restrained leaving the field.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 19:52:47 »

Did Nelson is far and away the highlight of this season. He is clearly an absolute loon. I think he loves it here as well given his reaction after the final whistle and taking the time to applaud us in the DRS.

Today, that was 3 points for the taking. Mansfield were bobbins. Once again Richards is just not working in our formation, Brown still has a lot of work to do. Two goalless draws I’ve been to now, at least this one was more entertaining than the Oldham game.
This. I'd be looking to make Nelson a perm if it's a possibility. He's a dying breed in that he'll put his head where others won't put their feet. His 'football brain' needs a lot of development & he is clearly raw but if we can fix Conroy I think there is potential for a very good pairing at this level. Anybody know if PB mentioned why Conroy wasn't in the squad today?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: