Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disney Orlando holidays  (Read 3973 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 12:42:39 »

Has anyone done the whole Disney Orlando holiday trip cheaper than the deals offered by Thomas Cook and the like? Sorting out your own flights, accommodation, hire car (I don't *need* a V8... but I need a V8 Cheesy ), that kinda jazz?

Cheers m'dears!

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 12:45:56 »

You'll be shelling out regardless as it's not cheap. My best advice is to book it bit by bit, rather than shelling it all out in one month.

I sorted flights, hotel & car through Expedia, didn't find it cheaper anyone else!

The tickets I used undercover tourist, a US site but they do some great deals.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 12:53:28 »

Flights can be obtained cheaply.

Check out vrbo.com - have a look at locations like Emerald Island, which is very close to Disney and while it is private Villa's they also have a community pool with a bar, which gives a hotel style feel.  Villa's tend to be the cheapest option once you get into family sized groups as well.

Lots of scouting for hotels if you want one of those though.  Try all the usual haunts - expedia, booking.com, hotels.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, trivago.com etc.  You can find good deals but they move around at times.

Tickets - you cannot really get much off these.  Disney and Universal hold the prices regardless of who sells them.  If you want more than a couple of days, there are tickets available through UK sites only for 7/14 day passes.  For less than that, Disney direct or undercovertourist.com.

No matter where you stay you will be 10-20 mins drive away from either set of parks due to the sheer scale of the place.

Car hire - same as hotels, use the comparison sites.  Usually not that bad.  Use a credit card to book and you might get free insurance (check with the card provider).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 12:54:15 »

If they are still going, Charter Travel in Newbury were good a few years back for me, before popping in a car and driving down for a weekend was an option.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:31:26 »

I went last year and although I shopped around a lot I struggled to get it much cheaper.

We flew with TUI who were cheaper than BA/Virgin and far better IMO. Villa was a private arrangement, car just through normal channels and tickets through American Attractions. If you can get the photo pass deal as its brilliant, seriously brilliant.

I know that Disney do food deals but apparently you will just spend the whole time eating burgers & pizza.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:48:45 »

Disneyland Paris?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:53:45 »

If there's a few of you going, some friends of ours stayed at http://www.dadsvilla.com and loved it, games rooms, themed rooms for kids etc, but would need to be two families really (it's a 6-bed place) unless you like to spread out!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 14:10:12 »

That belongs to someone who is/used to be on here?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 18:16:54 »

If they are still going, Charter Travel in Newbury were good a few years back for me, before popping in a car and driving down for a weekend was an option.

Used them twice, last year was the second. Worth having a conversation with.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 17:15:28 »

Cheers all! Weighing up our options at the minute, either Disneyland Paris and maybe somewhere else next year, or Orlando. Or maybe neither, ha!

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 18:28:28 »

I went last year and although I shopped around a lot I struggled to get it much cheaper.

We flew with TUI who were cheaper than BA/Virgin and far better IMO. Villa was a private arrangement, car just through normal channels and tickets through American Attractions. If you can get the photo pass deal as its brilliant, seriously brilliant.

I know that Disney do food deals but apparently you will just spend the whole time eating burgers & pizza.

I'm not an Orlando regular but opted for TUI to Orlando this year as Jacksonville on Delta or American in economy is a nightmare.  TUI 787 Dreamliners were very comfortable.  Prices were favourable compared to Virgin.  So either save money or get extra legroom for equivalent (worth it) or even Premium for Virgin extra legroom equivalent etc. 

Norwegian may be an alternative?

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 21:07:07 »

Buy the family a ST, don't feed the corporate machine Wink Oh the one in LA is better!
Panda Paws

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 05:55:45 »

Norwegian fly to Orlando and Tampa. Tend to be very good value.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 07:45:55 »

Norwegian fly to Orlando and Tampa. Tend to be very good value.

Thomas Cook are way better and only a fraction more expensive (comes with a meal too, Norwegian you have to pay extra)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 08:02:23 »

Thomas Cook are way better and only a fraction more expensive (comes with a meal too, Norwegian you have to pay extra)

Thomas Cook or TUI are a no no for me. Often delayed and seating is cramped. On both visits recently I compared the Charter Travel with Thompson and TC and CT pissed all over them. Interestingly if you travel the last two weeks of August and get the timings right the second week the American kids go back to school and the parks are suddenly a lot emptier... worked a treat on our first visit but less so on the second but as said I can be a good move if you time it right.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: