Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem taking a front seat?  (Read 8288 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 11:55:47 »

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/exclusive-clem-morfuni-using-swindon-board-role-to-fix-pathetic-australian-pathway-4252836?utm_source%3Dnewsnow%26utm_medium%3Drss-feed%26utm_campaign%3DFeed-Latest%2BArticles
phelpsieboy

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 12:59:10 »

The purchase of Charlton by that Australian consortium has been stuttering for the best part of a year. Their aim was to give Australian footballers more of a pathway, perhaps they're looking elsewhere and Clem is sounding us out as a potential investment?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 13:44:31 »

It's long been my policy not to take too much notice of the talking heads at STFC, but rather to wait to see action. It isn't a policy which has ever let me down.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 19:27:53 »

I don't disagree, but positive press is good, we're not really used to that much.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 00:09:42 »

Positive press is good and Morfuni comes across well.

I picked up in this though two things...

"We've employed a talent scout who is coming out to Australia in November," revealed Morfuni.

Surely that's got to be Tactics Tim hasn't it?
and

"So we're looking for kids and we want to develop a pathway for kids in Australia to go to English and European football

I gather English he means STFC and European he means Waterford?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 07:07:27 »

and

I gather English he means STFC and European he means Waterford?

Assuming all this comes together, how is the work permit situation going to work?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 07:09:22 »

Doubt it. And if it is, might as well give up now.
Useless cunt.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:35:51 »

Doubt it. And if it is, might as well give up now.
Useless cunt.

Amidst the change of manager talk, it did occur that TT's Villa can't work time, must be nearly spent.  Are Power and him still bessies after the 16/17 fiasco?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:39:18 »

Assuming all this comes together, how is the work permit situation going to work?

That was my first thought, but there will be commonwealth work visas etc i'm sure. They would have checked first hopefully.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:49:08 »

That was my first thought, but there will be commonwealth work visas etc i'm sure. They would have checked first hopefully.
This could all change with Brexit as at the moment nobody knows anything.

Even if the old rules on work permits applied I am sure a lot of "would be" players coming from down under would not have to look that far back to have some form of UK, Greek, Croatian, Italian heritage that "currently" would qualify them for skipping the work permit issue, as Luonogo did with his Italian ancestry.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:57:08 »

Even if the old rules on work permits applied I am sure a lot of "would be" players coming from down under would not have to look that far back to have some form of UK, Greek, Croatian, Italian heritage that "currently" would qualify them for skipping the work permit issue, as Luonogo did with his Italian ancestry.

Was going to rush into a 'brexit won't change non-EU workers rules', but then you went and made a good point about European passports!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 09:00:24 »

As for publicity, that has to be good, raising the clubs profile especially with possible Aussie investors tempted by having players of their own nationality already here, this does sound a bit like "come and invest in our club" and certainly not so much a "come buy our club".

Could this be the time that Clem takes over as Chairman and Power becomes just the owner?

Clem seems to have his head screwed on and obviously has a lot of experience in running companies, even if football clubs are not your average company.

He also has experience of expanding and developing companies.

Looks a most positive press announcement for once from the club.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 09:04:12 »

Was going to rush into a 'brexit won't change non-EU workers rules', but then you went and made a good point about European passports!
Its all guesswork with Brexit as we know but I did wonder with the non-EU permits if we have special working relationship with current/ex commonwealth nations making it easier for them to work here.

It is all guesswork though.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 09:07:04 »

Wont have any effect most likely. I know Kiwi's and Australians that have no obvious european links but are/have been here for years on work visas.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 12:17:15 »

As for publicity, that has to be good, raising the clubs profile especially with possible Aussie investors tempted by having players of their own nationality already here, this does sound a bit like "come and invest in our club" and certainly not so much a "come buy our club".

Could this be the time that Clem takes over as Chairman and Power becomes just the owner?

Clem seems to have his head screwed on and obviously has a lot of experience in running companies, even if football clubs are not your average company.

He also has experience of expanding and developing companies.

Looks a most positive press announcement for once from the club.

Power likes to be hands on even if it is in the back ground, not sure sitting back and letting Clem play with his toy will work
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: