Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 42652 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 09:18:56 »

I’m ready to dump him now - 25 games is more than enough, especially when most agree the squad is fairly strong.

If it is to be done, it needs to be done soon. The January window will soon be upon us and any new fella will need to see what he’s got - and what he’s not got.

Do I think Power will sack him? No.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #271 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 09:22:59 »

Do I think Power will sack him? No.
He has 19 months left on his contract, there is no way he will sack him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 09:41:48 »

Williams had a 5 year contract, still sacked him. But yeah, cant see it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 10:12:30 »

I think it's a bit early to push the eject button too.

it's not like it's irretrievable. just looking highly unlikely today
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #274 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 10:18:44 »

Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 10:24:15 »

If Power opted for change which I don't think he will, unless the wheels completely come off, then he'll just stick McDonald in as caretaker and give him the job if there's a bit of a bounce... one of Richards or Taylor might step up to full time cone carrying.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 10:58:36 »

The way people are harping on its as if we are bottom of the league. We are mid table. 4 points off play offs. There’s hell of a way to go this season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
woolster

« Reply #277 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 11:09:25 »

The way people are harping on its as if we are bottom of the league. We are mid table. 4 points off play offs. There’s hell of a way to go this season.

true, but on recent displays this will grow to 7 and so on
Sir red ken

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 11:14:39 »

The fan base aren't over reacting, they seen a slow steady decline of STFC under our current ownership.Yes we've still got a club to support but will we be saying that if we're non league? Further more our form under the current management has been poor since he took over from Flipflop, where's the run of form coming from! Even being only 4 points off the playoff's?
The people who post on here could see that that was the wrong team to start with before a ball was kicked, then we get the wrong subs to compound matters. My biggest concern is that if/when PB is shown the door our confidence is shot and the LP continues his run of appointing cheap available managers who can't turn this around. Or maybe the idea isn't to turn it around?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 11:36:06 »

We're as low as I've known us to be since I started going in 1989. It's not good enough.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 11:38:22 »

The fan base aren't over reacting, they seen a slow steady decline of STFC under our current ownership.Yes we've still got a club to support but will we be saying that if we're non league? Further more our form under the current management has been poor since he took over from Flitcroft, where's the run of form coming from! Even being only 4 points off the playoff's?
The people who post on here could see that that was the wrong team to start with before a ball was kicked, then we get the wrong subs to compound matters. My biggest concern is that if/when PB is shown the door our confidence is shot and the LP continues his run of appointing cheap available managers who can't turn this around. Or maybe the idea isn't to turn it around?

The decline though is only to be expected, Power has always been up front about the need for sustainability, and the budget he inherited having to be reduced. So we're now about where you'd expect, a mid table Div 4 side who could have a shot at the PO's.... if we could get a decent run of say 6 wins in 10 games that sort of thing.

The summer recruitment confirmed this perception.  What we need to avoid is a proper slump.  Atm we're on a run of 4 league games without a win... by way of contrast last season under Flitcroft, 3 games was the most without a win, it was that which had us in a PO slot, when he bailed out.

Currently we don't look an outfit in complete freefall, but the next 2 games need to yield at least one win.... of which the Cambridge game is a likely must win.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 11:47:25 »

The fan base aren't over reacting, they have seen a slow steady decline of STFC under our current ownership.

This in a nutshell.

Yes, a couple of wins would put us back in the mix which would make us happier it is true, but we need strikers who can strike and defenders who can defend and currently that is not happening with any consistency. I thought we could get something from yesterday's game only to be disappointed yet again which is becoming the norm, and that concerns me.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 11:50:10 »

Ken has highlighted my fears though. We are one bad management appointment away from the prospect of non league.

Also, if sustainability in division 4 with an outside chance of a playoff spot is all we can expect under Power, he needs to go.

May I remind you he also said (03 December 2013)
I realise you don't earn trust overnight but please judge me after five years and not five minutes. I think you will pleasantly surprised at how we move this club forward over the coming years.

Well, 5 years are nearly up...
Sir red ken

« Reply #283 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 12:24:42 »

Ken has highlighted my fears though. We are one bad management appointment away from the prospect of non league.

Also, if sustainability in division 4 with an outside chance of a playoff spot is all we can expect under Power, he needs to go.

May I remind you he also said (03 December 2013)
Well, 5 years are nearly up...
If moving the club forward is mid table div2 with no wins in 4 games then forward it is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 13:18:31 »

If moving the club forward is mid table div2 with no wins in 4 games then forward it is.

Clearly mid table in Div 2 would be progress, we've only been in the second tier, for a few short months of the 21st century.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: