Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 43538 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 20:40:19 »

Back to todays game, Abysmal performance, second best on the 50/50's, static and waiting for the ball to bounce whilst they nipped in and claimed it, unable to pass a ball in front of one of our own players - rather pass behind them and possession lost.  Anderson tried hard, several others anonymous!  Yet again we faced a team who were far better organised than ourselves.  To me it was summed up when Taylor actually got a good cross in, Adebayo rose to head unchallenged from six yards only for Conroy to jump in front and the ball came off the top of his head and over the bar.  I do feel Brown will be coming under a  lot more pressure with performances like that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 20:54:27 »

PB is hardly a 'merry go round' manager...he's managed 5 clubs. His first, Derby is forgivable. Too big a job for a new manager. Then Hull, Preston and Southend. Experienced and not so fresh, yes but certainly not a manager to hop in bed with every chairman going. Could even discount PNE as that was spread over a seasons end to first half of the next.

So he's had 5 clubs over nearly 14 years. Incidentally Flitcroft has had 4 in 5 years.

Sacked from every one though right?
Not many occupations you get that many chances
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 20:58:16 »

Alot of damage done in the Williams debacle season.

Players shit, easy to beat and fan base either fucked off and never came back or stayed and ripped into one another.

I suppose now we are competing but I expected more from this season rather than last...I was worried about another slide then...thank fuck we avoided that.

I was a bit baffled by the starting line up but I'm sure we would of all scoffed humble pie if we had got a result ..but..we didn't and conceded the now boring early goal.

I'm not against PB yet but he does seem loyal to certain players who are just a yard off the pace. Needs to be ruthless.

Clems Army!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 21:02:17 »

I (we?) can excuse Browns atrocious record at the back end of last season. Not his team, not playing his type of football.

He has been given the summer to change that.

It comes across like he’s just flinging shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. He doesn’t know his best 11 and he doesn’t know his best formation.

13 games in and despite the changes we are no better off results wise.

That alone should be enough to put him under pressure. We need a consistent team selection and formation which doesn’t include Richards (past it) or Twine (won’t make it)

Will be interesting to see what the clubs ambitions are. I’d like to think mid table div 4 is not it.
Things need to improve soon otherwise we need to consider a change of management (not Taylor)

Twine should not have been taken off when he was. Getting him to link up more with Anderson (our best plqyer), and encouraging him to shoot more was our way back onto the game at 1-0.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 21:20:36 »

---------------------LM/LV--------------------------

Knoyle------Wolf-------Nelson------Taylor

----------Diagouraga-----Doughty------------

Woolery-----------Alzate---------Anderson

-----------------------Adebayo---------------------

Probably my current ideal line up, at home at least. Replace Alzate with Smith/McCourt/Dunne for certain away fixtures or if we're up against it.
Flashheart

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 21:22:15 »

I’d look towards Michael Carrick or Gareth Barry...

Probably reaching though...

Barry's name has been circulating for a couple of years. Doesn't he have connections to Power? When does his contract with WBA expire?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 21:52:54 »

Barry's name has been circulating for a couple of years. Doesn't he have connections to Power? When does his contract with WBA expire?

His connection was Brad Barry...who...got a job here due to a connection with Power, right?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 22:13:10 »

Sacked from every one though right?
Not many occupations you get that many chances

Football is hardly a mirror to regular employment in terms of being sacked and you know it. Most managers end up getting sacked or they 'leave by mutual consent'.

PB was manager at;
Hull for 4 years
Southend for 5 years.

Not many managers in Professional football can say that these days. Across all divisions.

Also you say he's living off his Hull success, yet his most recent club Southend, he took them to the L2 Play-Offs twice and winning them on the 2nd time. He also narrowly missed out by a point of getting them in the L1 Play-Offs two seasons later. In his time he won 4 manager of the month awards, largely in the L2 PO winning season. So to say he's had no success in recent times is behaviour akin to some kind of doryphore.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 00:39:54 »

I’d look towards Michael Carrick or Gareth Barry...

Probably reaching though...

I know you haven't been for some years and you're a new father... but that doesn't really account for a complete loss of reason.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 08:28:52 »

I know you haven't been for some years and you're a new father... but that doesn't really account for a complete loss of reason.
No more reaching than Hasselbaink at Northampton, Kewell at Crawley, Davids at Barnet, Sheringham at Stevenage etc.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 08:47:37 »

No more reaching than Hasselbaink at Northampton, Kewell at Crawley, Davids at Barnet, Sheringham at Stevenage etc.

Paolo Di Canio at, errm Swindon Town...
Panda Paws

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 08:47:58 »

Man Utd's assistant manager is more reaching than an out of work ex pro.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 08:48:20 »

...and I very much admitted either of those suggested would be a reach.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #268 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 08:50:01 »

Jesus of Nazareth
Hes not the messiah hes a very naughty boy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #269 on: Sunday, October 14, 2018, 09:08:31 »

As I said yesterday I am not ready to sack PB by any means yet but hes had 25 games and yes we show a lot of improvements in football than under Flipflop but we still can't defend and we can't score.

How many times does Anderson or Alzate, or even Twine/Richards/Smith et al get into a good shooting position just outside of the box then either try a short pass to a player ahead of them who has 2 men marking him, or dribble past the defender and lose the ball as they close us down rather than shooting.

We are shot shy.

Yesterday Taylor put a few better crosses into the 6 yard box that Exeter couldn't deal with but Richards and Twine were a yard or so behind the ball, neither at going to attack crosses, dare I say it, even as Norris and Mullin did last season.

For me, its too early to even think about sacking PB, by a long way, but if Hull came along with a compensation package of £100k+ then I would not stand in his way.

Last season I watched 80% of the games under Flipflop and I have seen 95% of the games under Brown and the actual football being played by Town has improved 3 fold at least.

Under Flipflop it was dull long ball stuff without much of an end result and we couldn't defend

Under Brown its entertaining but without much of an end result and we can't defend.

I still think if he drops Richards, Taylor and Lancashire and replaces Richards and Taylor with new signings and uses Lancashire as a sub then I feel we will be better, much better.

Also, how do the BBC state that we had just 1 shot on target when both Richards when he was clean through with just the keeper to beat and then Anderson from 25 yards both made the keeper make a save? sometimes I think the BBC make up figures in the lower leagues.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: