Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 42650 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:05:46 »

If only Smiley Smiley

Simple thing is we aren't quite good enough. I know Exeter are one of the better teams in this league, but surely we should be aspring to the same.

My opinion is we aren't quite good enough up top, especially with Richards misfiring. And the defence while improved from the start of season isn't good enough to compensate. On his own Alzate doesn't look like being the creative influence we need but hopefully Doughty will help out there. Its like a not quite complete squad.

AS for this game, Exeter were better with the wind behind them second half. But the fact is we should have been level at half time, and could have been 2-1 up. You can't waste the chances against a well organised team.

The pressure will start to build on Brown a bit now. Especially if we lose to Mansfield. But he may not care too much if the Hull takeover goes through.

The day we begin starting games in awe of Exeter, and lose sight of the reality that we are in Division 4 - that's when we're finally doomed to a future of nothing.

I honestly thought that Brown could be our ticket back (at least) to League 1.  So disappointing.  Are Hull sure about this?
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:08:40 by Ardiles » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:07:03 »

A manager knows they're in trouble when they lose the TEF.
Yep. I’ve been supportive of him as, overall, the ‘spectacle’ has been better. The last half dozen games, though, has got us back into Flitcroft territory.

His stubborn reliance on both Richards and Taylor, trying Dunne as a FB, and today’s team selection have made my mind up.

Lumber to the Humber, Brown.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:07:18 »

We have a good enough squad, albeit maybe lacking goals upfront.

Brown's record with us is ATROCIOUS. Really bad. He could be forgiven for his record last season but he's no excuses this season. It's too soon yet to get rid but you have to wonder what Power's thinking. Where does he draw the line?

I'm being a dick (shock) but may I present to you exhibit 638a: Luke Williams  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
scillyred

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:08:09 »

I can only assume they have a raffle at Friday training to sort out the team selection  Sad
I know nothing and have only been to the first game of the season, but laughed out loud at today's team selection.
Time to go.............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #214 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:08:30 »

Attendance 4,506  330 Town fans with several hundred in the home end according to the Exeter forum.

Exeter fans views...
Deserved our win, Swindon were alright but looked toothless upfront. Aderson was their best player until they made substitutions then he faded out of the game.

Very happy with that. Swindon gave us a few problems but we coped very well indeed.

Such an impressive performance. We didn't panic when the wind was against us and Swindon were getting a lot of the ball; they created slightly more chances than Stevenage in the last home game but still never really tested Pym. By contrast we looked dangerous every time we attacked and could have won by more.

Swindon were very pretty but utterly impotent with all the possession they had.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:28:49 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:11:39 »

I'm being a dick (shock) but may I present to you exhibit 638a: Luke Williams  Soapy Tit Wank
Why should employing one useless fuckwit excuse another
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:11:48 »

I always put our score first as its the most important ;)Exeter may be one of the better teams in the table but we more than matched them most of the game..

But they had the quality to put it in one net, and keep it out the other.

We looked nice on the ball if occasionally a bit pedestrian with it. But I maintain we are missing a bit of quality to make us contenders.

The playoffs are still a realistic and achievable aim. But I am so disappointed I'm nowhere near being confident of making them.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:16:59 »

Why should employing one useless fuckwit excuse another

I'm referencing the length of time Power took to sack Luke Williams....too fucking long. Think PB deserves more time as he's better than Williams. On measure, if Power has learnt anything then PB probably has until about December.

'Incessant Nonsense'

diggers

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:17:24 »

Fell asleep for the first goal, played some neat stuff but zero end product. Richards would have put away one of his 2 good chances last season, just seems he’s gone to me. Nelson has to play if fit, desperately need Doughty back and although I’d prefer to see Bayo in instead of Richards, he did nothing when we came on.  Anyone who thinks someone approaching his 37th Birthday is going to do a job at wing back is dilluded and that includes the manager!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:19:43 »

I always put our score first as its the most important ;)Exeter may be one of the better teams in the table but we more than matched them most of the game, they are nothing special, and thats why defeat hurts so much. They really are not that good, they just have Holmes and Stockley, a decent crosser of the ball and a decent striker who will get you 25 goals a season, which I have said for ages we need.

Richards should be sent out to stud and release his wages for someone willing to run and shoot.

Lincoln who are pissing the Div, have Akinde as leading scorer with 4, the same as Bayo.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:22:46 »

Lincoln who are pissing the Div, have Akinde as leading scorer with 4, the same as Bayo.
And they play as a team, Exeter who are not a good team (as we aren't) have Stockley who has 9.

if we had a striker who had 9 already then we would be in the top 3 too.

And anyway Akinde is on 5 Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:32:11 »

It's a sad state of affairs when Iandolo is being tipped ahead of Taylor. Of course in a role higher up the field this could work but not as a straight swap as Iandolo is not an out and out LB...trouble is, neither is Taylor.

We need a LWB.

'Incessant Nonsense'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:33:19 »

YouTube for Brown

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:35:11 »

Brown-

Difficult to accept the performance on Tuesday arguably better opposition v today's unacceptable performance. (they lost to Oxford you fuckwit, they're crap)

Our underbelly of the team got exposed by a solid div 2 team. Lack of aggression up front, blah blah. Kept the same formation and only 3 changes from what worked Tuesday...

Its not about systems, you can play what you want to play but you have to make it work and we didn't do that.

Consistency - babbles something about an "underlying cancer" last year where we had 9 players in the changing room. Babbles something about Exeter and budget and not being a young team any more. Goes on about Tuesday again...

We pass the ball better when teams let you pass around the area when  they are 2-0 up. Talks about it being rubbish as we couldn't get the end product with our passing - it was abysmal. Talks of Ricco not putting chances away after doing so well Tuesday. Talks of Exeter pressing us in final third which was good for them.

Doughty "very close", Nelson still has niggle.

Reiterates final third rubbish - shooting, passing, crossing...

You've got to keep experimenting until you get your best 11 out there. Exeter have done that over the years, and we will keep doing that until we get it right..
-------------
er, I'm not overly impressed with that.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:37:53 »

A big positive today was making the 17:24 out of Exeter.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: