Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 42647 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:49:17 »

FT 0-2.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:49:57 »

Brown is beginning to grip my shit with his weird starting XIs - Richards and Twine? WTF?

We’ve got a good enough squad for the POs - but not a good enough manager.

Get rid.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:50:58 »

Really? Should never have been given the job given his 10 games last season. For whatever reason he got another chance. The squad is not balanced, a lot of new faces and options in midfield but lacking that forwards and full backs. Overall the team looked better than last year though. Unfortunately Brown is not getting out of this team what he should. He picks the wrong players all the time.
Totally agree with this.  Talks the talk, but is failing to deliver.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:52:46 »

A manager knows they're in trouble when they lose the TEF.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
adje

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:53:56 »

Don't like to be right but that was a shocking team selection in so many ways.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:54:20 »

32 yrs ago, my parents moved to Swindon.  They could have moved anywhere.  Damn you, parents.

To be fair, they never asked me to fall for the local football club a few yrs later.  That was all my doing.  But if I could have a quiet word with my younger self...
Flashheart

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:55:26 »

A manager knows they're in trouble when they lose the TEF.

Yep. I think most (not all) of us here are quite patient and reasonable. When the TEF starts to turn, it means the manager is really not doing well.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:56:02 »

We obviousy don't see what what goes on in training and don't know about fitness level but some of Browns starting teams have been a bit weird, he doesn't seem to be playing his strongest side and his tactics at times seem to be holding us back.

I still think and hope he can turn it around but as FH says his record with us is pretty shit.

I will give him 2 more games now he has a full fit squad and if Hull come knocking I would take the money and run.

Pre game I was 100% behind him, I thought we had enough about us to get a result, now I am no more than 75% behind him and each game that will go down until we string together 3 or 4 wins in a row, or 3 wins and a draw.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:58:36 by Peter Venkman » Logged

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:57:47 »

We obviousy don't see what what goes on in training and don't know about fitness level but some of Browns starting teams have been a bit weird, he doesn't seem to be playing his strongest side and his tactics at times seem to be holding us back.

I still think and hope he can turn it around but as FH says his record with us is pretty shit.

I will give him 2 more games now he has a full fit squad and if Hull come knocking I would take the money and run.
pretty spot on.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:58:09 »

FT 0-2.

If only Smiley Smiley

Simple thing is we aren't quite good enough. I know Exeter are one of the better teams in this league, but surely we should be aspring to the same.

My opinion is we aren't quite good enough up top, especially with Richards misfiring. And the defence while improved from the start of season isn't good enough to compensate. On his own Alzate doesn't look like being the creative influence we need but hopefully Doughty will help out there. Its like a not quite complete squad.

AS for this game, Exeter were better with the wind behind them second half. But the fact is we should have been level at half time, and could have been 2-1 up. You can't waste the chances against a well organised team.

The pressure will start to build on Brown a bit now. Especially if we lose to Mansfield. But he may not care too much if the Hull takeover goes through.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 15:58:22 »

nailed a 114/1 six game accumulator but Town screw up the enjoyment as usual.

We’ve suddenly got so crap as an attacking force (last week’s training game aside). Has Brown lost the plot? We’re not a million miles away from competing but we seem so mid table this season. We need Doughty back ASAP.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:00:13 »

32 yrs ago, my parents moved to Swindon.  They could have moved anywhere.  Damn you, parents.

To be fair, they never asked me to fall for the local football club a few yrs later.  That was all my doing.  But if I could have a quiet word with my younger self...

Time traveling glory hunter
(got a spare seat?0
Peter Venkman

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:02:06 »

If only Smiley Smiley
I always put our score first as its the most important Wink

Simple thing is we aren't quite good enough. I know Exeter are one of the better teams in this league, but surely we should be aspring to the same.

My opinion is we aren't quite good enough up top, especially with Richards misfiring. And the defence while improved from the start of season isn't good enough to compensate. On his own Alzate doesn't look like being the creative influence we need but hopefully Doughty will help out there. Its like a not quite complete squad.
Exeter may be one of the better teams in the table but we more than matched them most of the game, they are nothing special, and thats why defeat hurts so much. They really are not that good, they just have Holmes and Stockley, a decent crosser of the ball and a decent striker who will get you 25 goals a season, which I have said for ages we need.

Richards should be sent out to stud and release his wages for someone willing to run and shoot.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:05:13 »

Tbh, none of us were really expecting a win today. Woolery looks ready to start and should start in place of Richards. Lancs is a liability hopefully Nelson will be in place of him.

I'd drop Lancs, Richards & Twine for Nelson, Crazy & Woolery. Maybe if Doughty is ready he can replace Smith.

I'm not going to band the wagon like some and start saying PB needs to go. If anything we don't know what PB and Power have planned for the transfer window. Obviously we need strengthening up front and at LB but other than that it's actually a matter of the lads bringing it all together. Which they can do. We're a bit like MK Franchise when we used to play them in L1. Inconsistent. One game great another dire. Yet it is L2 and it's fucking difficult.

I notice the one post wonders of StefTroll and Processed Meats were back with their usual bollocks. Joined by another, suddenly bashing Brown. It's as if they wait for a loss and pounce. Many slate Reg for being negative but at least he gives his opinion some substance. Even if he does enjoy a little trolling on occasion.

Anyhow, we lost a game we expected to lose to a team in 2nd. Frustrating as it is because yet again there wasn't a lot in the sides. Someone like Simon Cox wouldn't have been a bad addition to this team. Any kind of goal sniffer will do. As we keep saying, chuck Bayo in the middle ad fucking drop Richards for a bit.

Once the impulse reactions have settled down, look at the table and a win and can put us joint 8th with Forest Green who lost for the first time in the league.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:05:19 »

Quite annoying that.  Nothing much between the sides bar defending really.  We switch off too often and get punished as a result.

I had hoped that the change in formation would help Taylor but all it did was show his form to be reality, not good enough anymore.  Him and Lancashire together is a recipe for disaster, and an obvious outlet so often ruined.

Very frustrating knowing the players are, as a whole, good enough, but the sum of the parts is somehow less.  Smith was looking composed, I thought, and taking him off opened up the midfield making us less structured and it gradually got worse thereafter in possession.

Brown has to take the blame for us underperforming.  To be this far into a season and not seemingly knowing the best way to set the team up is a worry.  He must see the issues with the three elder statesmen in the team, yet he persists in fitting them in.  He is juggling players with no obvious benefit.

Adebayo showed to me why he is better wide today, he gets very lost in the middle.  Woollery is looking sharp though and the first 60 minutes today Anderson looked good.  Maybe you stick Woollery upfront and play those two off him either side and let them roam.  Drop Lancashire, revert back to a four and possibly see if Iandolo can play left back, risky though.  None of our back three looks clever enough to play the system is my worry, and Taylor is just giving so little bare the odd free kick.  You can then get Alzate back in with Diagarouga and Smith behind him.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 16:10:21 by RobertT » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: