Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 43709 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:32:55 »

Apparently it's been a bumper year for grapes in Blighty becasue of the hot summer, can't say I've ever knowingly drunk a commercial English wine... perhaps a good time to start.

I have a large crop of grapes this year from my vines in my garden, they are all being made into wine.
The hot summer made a massive difference, as does making your own wines, compaired to commercial shop bought product.
English wines are excellent, often much better than continental and new world wines, but a tad expensive.
This has no bearing on today's game, which I have a feeling, looking at the line up will live or die dependent on whether we concede an early goal. Loyal supporter in me wants a win. realist thinks another defeat.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:35:04 »

But why does he have to get it wrong before he gets it right? It’s a recurring theme.

Think we should wait and see if he's got it wrong.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:38:33 »

I have a large crop of grapes this year from my vines in my garden, they are all being made into wine.
The hot summer made a massive difference, as does making your own wines, compaired to commercial shop bought product.
English wines are excellent, often much better than continental and new world wines, but a tad expensive.
This has no bearing on today's game, which I have a feeling, looking at the line up will live or die dependent on whether we concede an early goal. Loyal supporter in me wants a win. realist thinks another defeat.

Good work.... do you have any recommendations of type, I really have no idea?  My instinct says that white is likely better than red.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:40:55 »

White/sparkling is the normal 'good' English wine, but they reckon they even got good red from  this summer. So the bloke on radio 4 said anyway..
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:42:29 »

Happy with Smith coming in, not so happy with Abebayo not playing.

Bit of a stretch to call it a 'bizarre' line up.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:42:41 »

Happy with Smith for Dunne, as he is a better player. Also no argument with formation change, although will be interesting to see whether it suits Taylor or not. At his age it's asking a lot to play the wing back role and  Landolo is clearly unlucky to miss out based on his performance at Plymouth. This is a  big chance for Scotty Twine but surprised Adebayo is missing out based on what he has contributed thus far. Brown is clearly a big fan of Richards and  hoping his faith in him pays off.  At least it appears a very strong bench with good options, with Doughty still to return.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:42:46 »

I'm sorry but that line up has disaster written all over it.Happy to be proved wrong

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
normy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:46:22 »

I've got two demijohns of white wine from our white garden grapes bubbling away merrily.

I don't like Brown's starting lineup today, but we'll just have to see.  The bench is probably as strong as I can ever remember.

ust be the oldest
Sir red ken

« Reply #68 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:48:10 »

Good work.... do you have any recommendations of type, I really have no idea?  My instinct says that white is likely better than red.
There's lots of English vinyards including e beckett's out side of devizes.
I feel I must agree with your instincts and go white for English.
On the Red wine front the more you pay for a bottle the better, those supermarket reduced from £8 to £4-99 ones are nasty. Many of the redwines arrive in a tanker and are flavoured and bottled in the UK! they are then sold as a country of origin wine, full of sulphates which is what gives you such a bad hangover.
Organic red wine is much more pleasant. But wines that are produced in the traditional manner and bottled at source (like the ones that taste excellent when your on holiday) are always worth sourcing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:55:13 »

is that their new stand opposite the tv cam?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:55:31 »

Typical iFollow, no sound at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:55:42 »

yup ifollow.. crap
Peter Venkman

« Reply #72 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:55:51 »

is that their new stand opposite the tv cam?
Yes mate and behind the goal, the little terrace taken from Barnet.

Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:59:52 »

There must surely be a legal obligation on ifollow to provide a certain standard of service? Especially considering we have not other options available to us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 14:01:06 »

LMC tries coming to get a ball that should have been kicked into touch and nearly costs us a goal.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: