Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 42637 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:33:08 »

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on that one.  Smiley

The invasion of a city centre by lots of Irish people does add to the atmosphere while making it difficult to find a seat in a pub!
Exeter can be like that an Saturday afternoon I have found, I go there probably oince every 2 weeks or so as its my nearest city. Georges Meeting House is a nice 'Spoons, but I would also highly recommend "The Beer Cellar just round the corner from the Cathedral on South Street, small but nice beers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:38:59 »

Some of the best wines come after the grapes are allowed ot wither on the vine before picking, such as Spätlese Wink

Apparently it's been a bumper year for grapes in Blighty becasue of the hot summer, can't say I've ever knowingly drunk a commercial English wine... perhaps a good time to start.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:44:01 »

Exeter can be like that an Saturday afternoon I have found, I go there probably oince every 2 weeks or so as its my nearest city. Georges Meeting House is a nice 'Spoons, but I would also highly recommend "The Beer Cellar just round the corner from the Cathedral on South Street, small but nice beers.

The Beer Cellar is where I am now!
Good place. Sat outside watching the world go by.

A good day out beforehand always lessens the pain in the event of a crap performance.
Hopefully Woolery will play like a man possessed.
Last half hour from the bench maybe.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:56:24 »

Er,  interesting selection...

3 at the back? Adebeyo dropped. Twine and Smith in...

Adver Sports Desk
‏ @AdverSport
2m2 minutes ago

TEAM NEWS: @Official_STFC v @OfficialECFC (3-5-2): McCormick; Woolfenden, Conroy, Lancashire; Knoyle, Diagouraga, Smith, Anderson, Taylor; Twine, Richards
Substitutes: Henry, Nelson, Dunne, McGlashan, Alzate, Adebayo, Woolery. #stfc
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:56:57 »

3 at the back. Adebayo dropped. Richards and Twine up top.

Weird.

Richards must have some photos. How bad does he have to be to get the boot?

Ditto Lancashire
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:59:29 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:02:01 »

Interesting.... I thought PB would go with something a bit more basic, but he seems to have been suckered in by the meaningless mid week game. 

Common sense would say this probably isn't a game for such experimentation, and it won't end well.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:05:30 »

Glad Smith is back instead of Dunne, he had a good game Tuesday, surprised to see Twine starting and always surprised to see Richards instead of Bayo.

Come too soon for Doughty it seems and I am sure we will end the game with Bayo and Woolery as the front 2.

Iandolo must have pissed in Browns tea after his performance on Tuesday to not even be on the bench.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:07:37 »

Interesting.... I thought PB would go with something a bit more basic, but he seems to have been suckered in by the meaningless mid week game. 

Common sense would say this probably isn't a game for such experimentation, and it won't end well.
TBH if you saw the game on Tuesday you may not be saying that, we set up well and the formation worked very well and I don't blame him for trying it again against the 2nd best side in Devon.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:07:54 »

Incredibly bizarre lineup.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:13:20 »

Incredibly bizarre lineup.

Agree. Its not that I particularly think (e.g.) Smith shouldn't be in instead of Dunne. Its just really odd that he's made some of the changes he has given they haven't really had a sniff until Tuesday.

Not saying it won't work, that freshening things up can't spur a squad on with competition for places. But find it odd.
----
Nice touch from Exeter, playing XTC over the tannoy Smiley
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:15:47 »

The biggest problem with Brown is he can't pick our best team. He makes fucking bizarre decisions and then spends the game trying to correct them, as he admitted the other week when he played Dunne right back and Iandolo for Doughty. Every fucking week i think he's finally going to get to the team most fans see as being the best, but no. Twine has done nothing to deserve being in the team, Richards has been horse shit for weeks, yet Adebayo has to sit on the bench?! Alzate has been our most creative player without Doughty, so yep, to the bench with you!

Hope this team proves me wrong today, but i don't see where the goals are coming from in that line up. Smith for Dunne in the usual 4-3-3 would have made sense, but playing him instead of Alzate when we have five defenders on the pitch, and now 2 deep midfielders with 2 forwards who don't look like scoring.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:20:27 »

At least the formation gives Taylor a chance.  Brown has probably taken onboard the supply line this formation created on Tuesday.  Twine also looked sharp, much better at keeping possession as well, he gets fouled a lot.  The goal from Richards probably kept him in, would have preferred Adebayo upfront with Twine, but that is a strong looking bench.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:24:40 »

I like that line up, id probably bring in Nelson and Bayo but other than that I think it looks strong.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:26:02 »

One of our own in for a loanee.
A problem?

Plenty of options from the bench if things don't go according to plan.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 13:28:48 »

But why does he have to get it wrong before he gets it right? It’s a recurring theme.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: