Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth v Swindon Mickey mouse cup  (Read 28255 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:14:52 »

FT 3-0

Anderson definately the MOM for me but it could easily go to Woolf, Conroy, McCourt, Smith or even Iandolo.

Not a single poor performance tonight, even Richards did well, Special mention to Woolery who looked like a brand new signing with a point to prove, excellent all round Swindon.

Iandolo, Smith, McCourt, Anderson, Conroy, Romanski, Woolf and Woolery probably all had their best games in a Town shirt tonight. Twine so close to getting his firdt goal for Town too.

Corners and set pieces much better today too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:15:15 »

no injuries, a confidence booster for Richards and Woolery. and some game time for some fringe players.

as good as you could hope for really
Peter Venkman

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:17:16 »

no injuries, a confidence booster for Richards and Woolery. and some game time for some fringe players.

Muff were poor but we played really well, much more solid with 3 at the back, Anderson had a free role in midfield and looked excellent.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:17:47 »

For once a seemingly meaningful game in this bumhole of a tournament.

Back in Devon on Saturday. A repeat would be fantastic and far more important.
REDBUCK

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:21:34 »

But very unlikely given team shape, personnel and opponents.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:23:38 »

competition for striker position and richards works out how to score again!

im enjoying anderson at the moment. he is been one of my biggest dissapointments over the last 2 seasons. when average league 2 players play shit its easier to take but this lad has class and potential when it comes together. a cm with the ability to drive forward and create is huge in this league and we need him big time this year
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:29:25 »

I said at the weekend that usually these fixtures get in the way, but this could be a useful exercise, a sort of old skool Combination fixture for PB to try out a few things. I'm sure it will have given him some food for thought.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:30:08 »

For once a seemingly meaningful game in this bumhole of a tournament.

Back in Devon on Saturday. A repeat would be fantastic and far more important.
A 3-0 win to the home team? Yeah, can see that Wink
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:40:15 »

If only this was a meaningful game I could gloat to my colleagues tomorrow.

Ah fuck it, GET IN! Mwahahaha
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 20:41:41 »

If only this was a meaningful game I could gloat to my colleagues tomorrow.

Ah fuck it, GET IN! Mwahahaha

Geddon ya Jannnnnnerrrr!!!! Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 07:44:37 »

A win is a win.

Had been thinking that Iandolo could be reinvented as a left winger.
Didn't want to say anything for fear of upsetting PV.  Wink

Would need to work hard on the defensive side of his game if played as a wing back.
Hope he can stay fit and get some more playing time.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 08:05:28 »

A win is a win.

Had been thinking that Iandolo could be reinvented as a left winger.
Didn't want to say anything for fear of upsetting PV.  Wink

Would need to work hard on the defensive side of his game if played as a wing back.
Hope he can stay fit and get some more playing time.
Iandolo linked up better in defence with Romanski next to him, maybe they just click together.

I have been massively critical of Iandolo, and rightly so, yesterday he made a few silly mistakes as normal but his crossing was way better than Taylors has been this season.

He probably got more meaningful crosses in during the 90 mins than the total for Taylor this season combined.

Admittedly Plymouth probably had the worst defence we have come up against this season but that can't take away from the fact that Iandolo played really well, I didn't think he had it in him after his cameos so far off the bench this season.

It could be that it was entirely down to the shape of the team we played, he was given more freedom down the wing than he has before.

I was very impressed with McCourt and Smith in the middle, both won everything and McCourts passing was (until the 85th minute) brilliant, he tired for the last 10 mins and he gae a couple of wayward passes but he was hitting 40 and 50 yard passes to feet and Smith was breaking with pace all game, Anderson looked so up for it he was easily my MOM and played how we know he can play, hes just so inconsistant with his final pass/shot.

I would still not play Romanski, Twine and Richards though, all played ok but not great.

Richards won a fair few headers but the Muff centre defence was probably poorer than ours was at the end of last season.

Overall though I enjoyed it, no idea what possession figures were but I would guess about 60% to Town or more and we must have had 10 shots, most on target or just slightly off target.

Our free kicks and corners were much better with Anderson and Iandolo taking them also.

Good performance against a team from a division above who although they are struggling put out a decent side and we dominated them almost all game.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 08:22:10 »

Here are the last few posts on their forum about the game, for a game they don't care about they really are getting pretty angry and agitated by their performance.

And as for the scoreline... barely anyone bats an eyelid when our reserves lose a match - please please treat this with a similar level of importance.

This isn’t a reserve game. You get £10k for winning each game with money to be made and a Wembley carrot.. and it’s a platform to the 1st team. What’s worse is I think Adams wanted to do well in this competition..the same can’t be said if a reserve fixture

not really this gives some of the fringe players a chance to shine and winning breeds confidence.

Swindon could have played rush goalie and won 0-6.

And this last post, apparently they had 2 players coming back from injury and a teenage striker at centre forward....

How many Swindon players had adequate first team experience ? (their Goalkeeper has over 400 appearances I recall)
how many of their team were returning from injury?
how many of the outfield players played with their teenage Striker in the last 15 games

Well guess what Muff fans, we had 2 players coming back from long term injuries and we also had a teenage striker playing all game.

REDBUCK

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 12:12:59 »

I've just reviewed the extended highlights, football looked pedestrian most of the time and we seem to have had plenty of time to take a few touches,Plymouth looked as though they couldn't be arsed. Can't see that being allowed to happen on Saturday.

When Anderson gets space to run with the ball he does look threatening and his finish was clever. Twine could definitely had a goal with a bit of luck.     

Peter Venkman

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 12:28:22 »

One poster on the muff forum wrote...

I know that Argyle were really pretty rubbish last night and so playing well against us wouldn't have been that hard but I have to say that I thought their number 24 (Scott Twine) looked like he will develop into a REALLY good player. He was constantly on the move, always finding space between our defence and midfield, always looking to get on the ball. He was quick, skillful and adventurous. He caused Argyle problems throughout the game. I looked him up on wikipedia afterwards and found out that he is 19 and has played 8 games for Swindon over the last three seasons and a few games on loan at Chippenham Town. Despite his inexperience, his quality of movement stood out a mile last night and he looked streets ahead of the quality of Argyle's younger players. To be honest, if he was an Argyle player I would want to see him starting in league games...

Swindon had a few other players who looked far above the Argyle players last night, e.g. their numbers 10 and 22 (midfielders) , 14 (left wing back) and 2 (right wing back). I've not looked them all up and I don't know whether they, like Twine, were not first-team regulars.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: