Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton official match day thread  (Read 33190 times)
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:32:47 »

Very poor game.  Defensively we look better although Lancashire just doesn't dominate enough.  He lost lots of headers and gave away a few needless corners because of his lack of skill.  Taylor was poor barring his free kick as was Knoyle (put that down to a bit of rustiness in his case).  Brown should drop Richards, not play Dunne in home games and not play Alzate out wide.  Does anyone have any information as to Doughty's injury?  Desperately need him back.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #256 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:34:06 »

How is Conroy going to get match fit sitting on the bench getting no minutes?

Brown’s team selection seems to be off the cuff.
He will play Tuesday, possibly alongside Romanski resting Nelson (if he is close to fitness and Lancashire, Woolery to play as well as McCourt for Toums, maybe a start for Twine too.

Depends on how seriously PB takes the tie and if we do want to progress in it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 11:56:10 »

But he has been fit enough to have been on the bench for the last few games so why not bring him in for 20 minutes in each game. Surely a Brown doesn’t see Lancashire over a fit Conroy.

It has been noticeable in a few games that Brown has got his starting XI wrong as we have improved after subs have been made.

For me, Conroy over Lancashire, Smith over Dunne, Anderson over  McGlashan every time, Twine/a fit Woolery over Richards.

When Doughty and Nelson are fit they must start.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #258 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 12:07:14 »

But he has been fit enough to have been on the bench for the last few games so why not bring him in for 20 minutes in each game. Surely a Brown doesn’t see Lancashire over a fit Conroy.

It has been noticeable in a few games that Brown has got his starting XI wrong as we have improved after subs have been made.

For me, Conroy over Lancashire, Smith over Dunne, Anderson over  McGlashan every time, Twine/a fit Woolery over Richards.

When Doughty and Nelson are fit they must start.
I agree with all of that except maybe Twine over Richards, jury still out on Twine.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 12:07:54 »

Its not really fair to say if subs change a game, it must have been the wrong line up. We've all seen subs make a difference then been crap when they start.

But I agree really Smiley Except Dunne had done OK. I'm really surprised we haven't seen anything of Smith for a while too though.
Flashheart

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 12:10:25 »

Smith's an odd one, he was playing well. As much as I think people are harsh on Dunne I'd still rather have Smith in over him. We don't know what happens in training, though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 12:37:33 »

nope, we don't.

Grrr, too many midfielders..damnit.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 15:30:12 »

Dunn's plays well enough until he has to actually think and then he goes to ratshit, by far the worst player we have with time on the ball. I wish he had miskicked the fucking ball when it was saved.!

Lancashire has limited skill, the corner he gave away whilst trying to nod it under control as laughable.

Richards was really poor yesterday...trap, control, turn...play it into opposition,repeat

Seemed to be alot of poor decision making yesterday.

Clems Army!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, October 8, 2018, 10:01:59 »

Brown may well have wanted to do that, but at 1-0 down at Crewe and 1-1 at home to Northampton he can hardly bring on a CB can he? It'd be labelled that he has no ambition to win /happy to draw etc.

Conroy has to start on Tuesday though.

With Conroy fully fit I think we could go with a back three of Woolf Nelson Conroy, Knoyle and Taylor out wide, Dave/Doughty in Cm with Alzate in behind Woolery/Bayo.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, October 8, 2018, 10:11:55 »

Brown may well have wanted to do that, but at 1-0 down at Crewe and 1-1 at home to Northampton he can hardly bring on a CB can he? It'd be labelled that he has no ambition to win /happy to draw etc.

Conroy has to start on Tuesday though.

With Conroy fully fit I think we could go with a back three of Woolf Nelson Conroy, Knoyle and Taylor out wide, Dave/Doughty in Cm with Alzate in behind Woolery/Bayo.

That side is pretty much what I would like to see. An experienced CB would be nice alongside Nelson & Conroy but I think that ship has sailed.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, October 8, 2018, 10:49:37 »

That side is pretty much what I would like to see. An experienced CB would be nice alongside Nelson & Conroy but I think that ship has sailed.

But Doughty is injured and looks to be out for the foreseeable, so why would you want to play him when not fit?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, October 8, 2018, 12:30:21 »

But Doughty is injured and looks to be out for the foreseeable, so why would you want to play him when not fit?
Because I said that is the side I would 'like' to see. Woolery isn't fully fit either & Conroy isn't match fit but they'd still be in my first choice X1 if they were available.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, October 8, 2018, 15:05:58 »

Because I said that is the side I would 'like' to see. Woolery isn't fully fit either & Conroy isn't match fit but they'd still be in my first choice X1 if they were available.

I'm sure Brown has an XI he'd like to see, but unfortunately in football management you have to be very lucky for that to happen.  Apart from possibly the Bury game, it's usually possible to see what he's thinking.  If we are to do anything much this season, then getting Woolery into the side and for him to become better than previously seen has to be the short term aim.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, October 8, 2018, 15:28:42 »

I'm sure Brown has an XI he'd like to see, but unfortunately in football management you have to be very lucky for that to happen.  Apart from possibly the Bury game, it's usually possible to see what he's thinking.  If we are to do anything much this season, then getting Woolery into the side and for him to become better than previously seen has to be the short term aim.
You'd like to think he does. How close he's been to actually realizing it is another matter!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: