Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton official match day thread  (Read 33193 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:23:54 »

Thanks PV & Redbuck for clarifying what Power said.

Must admit that I thought that McCormick was brought in to take over from Vigs being sold in the January window. Not sure whether bench warming will reduce his saleable value.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #241 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:28:15 »

Thanks PV & Redbuck for clarifying what Power said.

Must admit that I thought that McCormick was brought in to take over from Vigs being sold in the January window. Not sure whether bench warming will reduce his saleable value.
Power is concerned it will affect his value but if he doesn't want to stay then he should go while he still has a value which can go up and down, its like Kasim, going on international duty and his head gets turned by his agent/other players saying "you are better than English L2" etc etc.

FWIW I think McCormick is a better keeper overall anyway so cash in now while we still can.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:32:51 »

Didn't know what to make of that game.
Watchable and end to end at times but mainly lacking in quality from both sides.

The 2 up front didn't really work.
Richards was a bit better but Bayo only improved once Richards was subbed.

We've had a few big blokes up front that have been useless in the air, but I've never seen someone who mistimes the jump as consistently as Bayo does.
This may have a lot to do with the lack of aerial contact at PL U23 and development level, so Bayo will have to learn and hopefully improve on the job.
Richards plays the role a bit better at the moment if only through experience as opposed to suitability.
If team mates played it into chest or feet then that would suit both Bayo and Richards a lot more.
Easier said than done.

Still too early to start losing heart though.
Had some suicidal "I can't watch this anymore" bloke sat behind me at Crewe. Blimey.
It's not that bad and still a lot better than last season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #243 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:35:16 »

Still too early to start losing heart though.
Had some suicidal "I can't watch this anymore" bloke sat behind me at Crewe. Blimey.
It's not that bad and still a lot better than last season.
This. Very much this. We have endured a lot lot worse and in recent years too.

REDBUCK

« Reply #244 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 09:06:31 »

I know he is still dangerous from set pieces, but Taylor’s performance yesterday reminded me of myself at full back from my Sunday league days. Get the ball and either hit it down the line or aim for the big fella up front.
It’s a shame we have no-one that can come in and do a job because he’s a weak link now, as is Richards.

I really don't get this, what exactly do you expect him to do with the ball, or any Div 4 level full back for that matter. What is a Job.

You can't be watching the game at all as the majority of our play goes through Taylor, the CH's use him as an outball when under pressure and he looks long for our big man. It's seem to be how we start attacks 80%+ of the time.

The same goes for the comment about Bayo not winning headers, he won plenty first half but Richards and / or midfield don't anticipate quick enough when the ball drops.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #245 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 09:10:52 »

I really don't get this, what exactly do you expect him to do with the ball, or any Div 4 level full back for that matter. What is a Job.

You can't be watching the game at all as the majority of our play goes through Taylor, the CH's use him as an outball when under pressure and he looks long for our big man. It's seem to be how we start attacks 80%+ of the time.

The same goes for the comment about Bayo not winning headers, he won plenty first half but Richards and / or midfield don't anticipate quick enough when the ball drops.
I agree on Bayo, I think he won a fair amount of headers and a lot more than Richards ever does.

As for Taylor, yes his job is to clear his lines, my problem is that with his "cultured left foot" and experience he should find his man a lot more than he does, his long passing at times is extremely poor for a Div 4 footballer let alone a man who has been called up for the England squad years ago.

Sometimes a shorter pass to midfield is a better option than just launching it upfield in the vain hope that Richards will win the header, which 99% of the time he doesn't.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 09:25:28 »

Power is concerned it will affect his value but if he doesn't want to stay then he should go while he still has a value which can go up and down, its like Kasim, going on international duty and his head gets turned by his agent/other players saying "you are better than English L2" etc etc.

FWIW I think McCormick is a better keeper overall anyway so cash in now while we still can.

Still don't think Vigs has a cash value.  Be interesting to see if he goes off again with Chile next week or whether he gets a game in the Boycott Trophy.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #247 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 09:27:52 »

Still don't think Vigs has a cash value.  Be interesting to see if he goes off again with Chile next week or whether he gets a game in the Boycott Trophy.
Power said hes been called up and will miss the next 2 games.

Peru or Mexico vs Plymouth and Exeter? tough choice.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 09:29:46 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 09:31:49 »

Still don't think Vigs has a cash value.

100% agree
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 09:41:29 »

Power said hes been called up and will miss the next 2 games.

Peru or Mexico vs Plymouth and Exeter? tough choice.

For effectively a long weekend, I'd go Devon every time.

Unusually for a Boycott game this isn't a bad moment to get what is a glorified reserves fixture.  Use it as a sort of warm up to try a few things out for Exeter, which looks Lincoln standard difficult.  PB has already failed to get anything from the Grecians, last season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:18:26 »

For effectively a long weekend, I'd go Devon every time.
That could very well be the first time ever in history that anyone has said that!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #251 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:22:40 »

Its your job, you get all expenses paid trip to Mexico and Peru, you will be working with players who are better than you and much better than those you normally play with, working with managers and coaches who are much better than you have worked with, with the posibility of getting rewarded by playing for your country.....sorry there is no player in the world that would choose Exeter and Plymouth (in the Mickey Mouse Cup) over that.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:26:47 »

How is Conroy going to get match fit sitting on the bench getting no minutes?

Brown’s team selection seems to be off the cuff.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:30:38 »

I agree on Bayo, I think he won a fair amount of headers and a lot more than Richards ever does.

I'll count them up over the next couple of league games. Aerial challenges / headers won.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:32:07 »

I'll count them up over the next couple of league games. Aerial challenges / headers won.  Smiley
Him vs Richards, yes that would be a good indication, I am sure the scouting reports will have those details already, not that any of us have access to them.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: