Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton official match day thread  (Read 33208 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 21:12:55 »

Got the feeling from Power’s radio interview that he is struggling to cope with a manager that knows his own mind. Clearly upset that Vigouroux is being left out when his stock was rising. With current results I’d be surprised if Brown lasts the whole season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 22:43:53 »

Have we gone from one useless managerial dinosaur to another?

Are we actually going forward? It doesn’t seem like it. The football is still crap and we’re still not winning (much).

Despite Matt Taylor being one of our weak links, (Richards the other) his left foot is still handy!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 22:46:07 »

Thought the ref had an excellent game today, but didnt he award an indirect free kick for Taylor's goal? It looked like obstruction to me.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 22:55:15 »

Got the feeling from Power’s radio interview that he is struggling to cope with a manager that knows his own mind. Clearly upset that Vigouroux is being left out when his stock was rising. With current results I’d be surprised if Brown lasts the whole season.
What was said?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 23:06:15 »

The football's been far better overall this season that last. By a country mile, despite the last 2-3 games.

Brown still has to get shit sorted, though. Today was fucking atrocious.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 23:09:24 »

The squad is horribly imbalanced - a cast of thousands in midfield, but no cover for the likes of Richards and Knoyle. Therefore we are forced into repeatedly picking players who are out of form / unfit, whereas others who have done alright when they’ve had a game (such as Smith) don’t get a sniff. Brown has to take the blame for this.

Taylor is over the hill, but we still need him on the pitch because he pulls out moments of class which we just can’t afford to lose. Without the left back, our already limited goal threat is reduced further.

The Yeovil game looked set to be a turning point, but we’ve been flat and blunt ever since. Mansfield will be the big one for Brown. That useless, arrogant prick Flitcroft is still weaving his magic - 5 wins in 23 league games. Whatever happens at Exeter, Mansfield will be a key chance to get some momentum and enthusiasm back.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 23:14:08 by ferret » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 00:40:01 »

Have we gone from one useless managerial dinosaur to another?

The alternative is too risky... you have to deal with what is in front of you. Let's imagine that when Flitcroft walked, the Yeovil game hadn't been postponed and Matty Taylor had got a confidence boosting win, so on to Cheltnum where the normal rules of football don't apply.... then perhaps a draw and a clamour for a permanent appointment.  Would Matty be a managerial genius  Hmmm outflanked by Johnson on his debut.... and Johnson was soon sacked after.

Numb put in Michael Duff, respected ex player with no experience, yet to win a game. They've a big squad including some we know well like Conor Thomas, Ben Tozer, Chris Hussey, Tom Smith.  Perhaps he'll keep them up, which for them would be a decent achievement, we're currently slightly better than that, but not by much.
REDBUCK

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 00:54:51 »

What was said?

Slight exaggeration to say 'struggling to cope'. Contracts were being discussed and Vigs has been offered a new one which he was due to sign. However since being called up by Chile, Vigs is now reconsidering. There have also been enquiries as to his situation. Power was obviously frustrated by this and by the fact that Vigs not being selected wasn't likely to help.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 07:56:15 »

I contacted them to complain and was told "you need an internet speed of at least 5mbps, and that is why you have issues"
My connection speed is 79mb, I contacted them and they said they knew of the issue.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:02:01 »

I know he is still dangerous from set pieces, but Taylor’s performance yesterday reminded me of myself at full back from my Sunday league days. Get the ball and either hit it down the line or aim for the big fella up front.
It’s a shame we have no-one that can come in and do a job because he’s a weak link now, as is Richards.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:17:53 by Quagmire » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #235 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:02:32 »

I don't think he sounded frustrated at all with PB he sounded totally frustrated with Vigs though. I guess when you go into something looking for negatives you will always find them.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:05:06 »

What was said?

On page 2, there was no mention of Brown in the convo at at all.

Vigs stalling on signing his new contract then according to Power, that could explain why hes not being put back into the team.

Power sounds quite disappointed as he has only stalled since he got into the Chile squad.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:09:32 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #237 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:08:39 »

I know he is still dangerous from set pieces, but Taylor’s performance yesterday reminded me of myself at full back from my Sunday league days. Get the ball either his it down the line or aim for big fella up front.
It’s a shame we have none that can come in and do a job because he’s a weak link now, as is Richards.
Yes him and Lancashire were the same, both hitting the ball as high and hard upfield as soon as they could with no thought about where it was going. Yes Taylor scored a beauty but the rest of his play was poor at best. Lancashire had one of his better games but was still poor, Dunne ran around a lot and was a yard away from the play but his passing was terrible at times.

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:15:09 »

I know that Taylor pulls out a lot of shit but virtually everything that we did yesterday (Dunne chance, Richards chance, goal)  came directly from his left foot. We simply cannot afford to overlook that. Nobody else in the squad is capable of it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #239 on: Sunday, October 7, 2018, 08:18:13 »

I would be happy with Taylor playing wide left as long as he had a decent left back behind him so he didn't have to track back all the time, he doesn't have the legs to play there any more.

FWIW I thought he made 2 great crosses and took his goal well but he still persisted in crossing the ball as soon as he got it instead of getting closer to the line where its more effective, he wasted 90% of his crosses.

He is far better attacking than defending though and maybe thats the role he needs to play, as a wide midfielder/winger but not a LWB or LB.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: