Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton official match day thread  (Read 33434 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:52:19 »

Except for maybe Richards....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:52:51 »

Still no iFollow video or sound.

skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:54:50 »

Except for maybe Richards....

That is also a very strange decision. Dunne & Richards must have some dirt on Brown to start so frequently.
Panda Paws

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:55:00 »

Same here - it's such a piece of shit.
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:55:17 »

Wankers
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:56:28 »

That is also a very strange decision. Dunne & Richards must have some dirt on Brown to start so frequently.

Dunne had a great game against Oldham..  Did exactly what he was put in there to do..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:57:03 »

Are there not laws against monopolies? Were only given one choice of service and it's fucking shit.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:57:13 »

Wankers

Who, Dunne & Richards of ifollow? Hmmm
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:58:16 »

Now we have a score in the corner but no pictures or sound, I want my fucking money back, this is ridiculous.

skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:58:33 »

Dunne had a great game against Oldham..  Did exactly what he was put in there to do..

So that's his one in 5.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:59:23 »

Northampton currently sit in 20th place just 2 outside the relegation zone while we sit in 11th.

They have got only 1 win and suffered 5 defeats so far this season giving them 9 points, scoring only 8 goals in the process but conceding 17.

Their only win coming on their travels at Colchester in a 2-1 win in August.

Current form this season including cup games is LDLWLLLDLD.

They sacked underperforming manager Dean Austin last weekend after the 4-0 thrashing at Flipslops Mansfield replacing him inside of a day with the jobbing Keith Curle now managing his 6th club with a win ratio of just 37% in his 400+ games as a manager. They are currently unbeaten under him and have yet to concede a goal under him! his first game being a 0-0 home draw with Bury midweek making 5 changes to the previous week.

They have 3 players well known to Swindon fans in Andy Williams, Jordan Turnbull and Yasser Kasim. Williams has featured 9 times this season for them and is yet to score in the league. Turbull has played just 29 mins this season and is yet to start a game. Kasim has not even been given a squad number this season yet.

Swindon have Marc Richards(9 games), Keshi Anderson (13 games), Matt Taylor (11 games) and Jak McCourt (9 games) who have all served both both clubs.

At the County Ground Swindon have the upper edge winning 75% of the 53 games between the 2 sides with 35 wins to their 9 wins with 9 draws scoring 116 times to 53 against. The Cobblers won on their last visit 3-1 with Swindon unbeaten in the previous 9 visits with Northampton winning just 2 times in the last 16 games at the CG with only 3 being drawn.

Northampton average an away following at Town of around 400 over the last 6 games (we average around 950 in the return fixture).

Hopefully today Richards will be rested and McGlashan starting on the wing with Bayo down the middle where he is most effective (for me), bring Taylor back and Knoyle and push Woolf to CB replacing Lancashire, I would also change Dunne for Smith/McCourt/Doughty(if fit).

Curle often gets his sides playing with the ball on the deck which was the opposite of Dean Austin who prefered a bit more hoof and run. They spent heavily on wages last season and this one too signing Williams, Odoffin and Morias all from teams higher in the pyramid, Morias commanding a fee of over £100k.

For me it has all the hallmarks of a 0-0, we struggle to score and Northampton have scored a fair bit less than 1 goal a game so far.

2-1 defeat with Bayo scoring in front of 6,354 with 385 Cobblers there.

As an aside on their forum they are having a Walter Tull Day ... from their forum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43504448

Maybe Walter Tull played against Harold Fleming?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 13:59:37 »

Muhammed says -

We are aware of the issue and we are working with our production partner to resolve the issue, please keep checking as this should soon be resolved

Flashheart

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 14:00:27 »

Dunne actually plays well enough more often than not, with the occasional very good game. He's this season's scapegoat.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 14:00:45 »

Dunne had a great game against Oldham..  Did exactly what he was put in there to do..
Unfortunately he did play well then but his previous few games he was average at best and the one on Tuesday he was terrible to say the least. 1 in 5.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 14:01:09 »

Looks like it’s 4-1-3-2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: