Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton official match day thread  (Read 33212 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 23:50:26 »

Back on track. Will they beat us? Cobblers.

Town 3-1 win.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 00:30:53 »

You'd like to think we can turn the Cobblers over... but new gaffer who knows Div 4, and a 0-0 on Tuesday. Curle will try to set up similarly... if there is a goal either way, then an ex has to be likely... hopefully not Andy Williams.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 00:58:19 »

You'd like to think we can turn the Cobblers over... but new gaffer who knows Div 4, and a 0-0 on Tuesday. Curle will try to set up similarly... if there is a goal either way, then an ex has to be likely... hopefully not Andy Williams.

Well, where do I begin? That would be too good to be true for the Shoe fashioners. It'll be more fitting if a Taylor scores. The ball would definitely be in our McCourt. Hopefully we can make our Marc.

3-1

Richards, Taylor, McCourt
Williams.

5 Yellows
1 Red
PB sings Home Lovin' Man at FT in front of 6,713 (438 Square Stoned Travelers)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 05:38:23 »

They’ll set up for a 0-0. If we don’t change the system somewhat they’ll probably get it.

Maybe Twine will replace Richards now he’s fit although I can’t see Brown binning him.

Surely Knoyle will return at RB with the Wolf at CB and Lancashire on the bench - even Brown can’t be that dumb not to make that change. Taylor for Romanski is a given. So you’ve got to look for logical reasons why we should create chances today when we’ve struggled to do so in the last 2 games.

5-0 and hopefully no parking ticket. When did parking opposite the entrance to The Merlin’s car park become a no go. Parked there for ages.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 05:40:59 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 08:10:27 »

Based on the last 2 games I’ve watched we’ve become toothless. Northampton sound the same so I don’t think a thriller is on the cards. 0-1 and the natives begin to get restless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 08:20:59 »

4-1 Bayo 2,Anderson, Nelson
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 09:01:50 »

I'm looking for a serious improvement than the shite on Tuesday night..

Clems Army!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 09:19:02 »

Could do with a win to keep in touch with top seven.

Hopefully Anderson will run at the opposition today and not meander along the front of them like he did on Tuesday.

The likely non appearance of Kasim today got me thinking about the scale of his decline.
Plenty of time for him to get back on track and hope he doesn't have to drop back into non league.
Still getting a call up for Iraq though.
I wonder if the Iraqi massive are still as vocal on social media in saying that he should be playing at a much higher level.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
REDBUCK

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 09:32:51 »

Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, doesn't bode well, another toothless display bekons
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 09:59:18 »

I'm looking for a serious improvement than the shite on Tuesday night..
Round pegs for round holes. Why Brown ignores his own advice I don’t know. Knoyle and Taylor should improve things.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 10:02:28 »

Northampton currently sit in 20th place just 2 outside the relegation zone while we sit in 11th.

They have got only 1 win and suffered 5 defeats so far this season giving them 9 points, scoring only 8 goals in the process but conceding 17.

Their only win coming on their travels at Colchester in a 2-1 win in August.

Current form this season including cup games is LDLWLLLDLD.

They sacked underperforming manager Dean Austin last weekend after the 4-0 thrashing at Flipslops Mansfield replacing him inside of a day with the jobbing Keith Curle now managing his 6th club with a win ratio of just 37% in his 400+ games as a manager. They are currently unbeaten under him and have yet to concede a goal under him! his first game being a 0-0 home draw with Bury midweek making 5 changes to the previous week.

They have 3 players well known to Swindon fans in Andy Williams, Jordan Turnbull and Yasser Kasim. Williams has featured 9 times this season for them and is yet to score in the league. Turbull has played just 29 mins this season and is yet to start a game. Kasim has not even been given a squad number this season yet.

Swindon have Marc Richards(9 games), Keshi Anderson (13 games), Matt Taylor (11 games) and Jak McCourt (9 games) who have all served both both clubs.

At the County Ground Swindon have the upper edge winning 75% of the 53 games between the 2 sides with 35 wins to their 9 wins with 9 draws scoring 116 times to 53 against. The Cobblers won on their last visit 3-1 with Swindon unbeaten in the previous 9 visits with Northampton winning just 2 times in the last 16 games at the CG with only 3 being drawn.

Northampton average an away following at Town of around 400 over the last 6 games (we average around 950 in the return fixture).

Hopefully today Richards will be rested and McGlashan starting on the wing with Bayo down the middle where he is most effective (for me), bring Taylor back and Knoyle and push Woolf to CB replacing Lancashire, I would also change Dunne for Smith/McCourt/Doughty(if fit).

Curle often gets his sides playing with the ball on the deck which was the opposite of Dean Austin who prefered a bit more hoof and run. They spent heavily on wages last season and this one too signing Williams, Odoffin and Morias all from teams higher in the pyramid, Morias commanding a fee of over £100k.

For me it has all the hallmarks of a 0-0, we struggle to score and Northampton have scored a fair bit less than 1 goal a game so far.

2-1 defeat with Bayo scoring in front of 6,354 with 385 Cobblers there.

As an aside on their forum they are having a Walter Tull Day ... from their forum.

For the Swindon Town v Northampton Town match in October, Swindon and Northampton fans will gather at Swindon's Cenotaph at 11.30am for a short remembrance - led by our very own Swindon based Cobbler, Will Smith!

There will be a walk to the cemetery and other things I believe, though we'll be moving swiftly onto the pubs in Swindon's Old Town following words at the Cenotaph!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43504448
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 10:11:28 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 10:02:42 »

Shit weather,  train strikes and recent home form have all contributed to me not bothering today.
Hoping for a 'bounceback' result  today,  can't afford to drop many more points if we're going to stay in touch with the leading pack,,  2-0 to us (Hopefully).   COYR COYR

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 10:08:22 »

Swindon have Marc Richards(9 games), Matt Taylor (11 games) and Jak McCourt (9 games) who have all served both both clubs.

Keshi also featured for the Cobbs.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 10:10:27 »

Keshi also featured for the Cobbs.
Oh thanks, I didn't know that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 10:39:53 »

Hope for a 2-1 victory

ust be the oldest
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: