Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 25721 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 09:03:47 »

What have you heard about Doughty? We are really missing him at the moment.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16953231.swindon-towns-fears-over-injury-to-midfielder-michael-doughty/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 09:35:21 »

Thanks Reg.

That doesn't sound good at all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 09:50:15 »

Ah, I'd not heard that..thanks Reg.
Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 09:59:24 »

Ah, I'd not heard that..thanks Reg.
Sad

I suspect Michael will need an op... funny things hips, finished Don Rogers. Hopefully the sort of thing he can come back from stronger, but you can see his running is a bit impaired.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 10:02:36 »

Best not to second guess, but surely the medical team are on it and Brown is up to date on diagnosis.
Panda Paws

« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 10:47:11 »

Haven't read back.

A really frustrating game to watch. They were completely there for the taking but we just weren't at it. Defensively we were fine, as we have been, and their goal is a series of unfortunate events. Other than the one decent save from LM, they didn't really create much more.

It's offensively we were so short. The front three were all under par, Richards being the worst offender. And we miss Doughty so badly. Dunne was 20 yards too deep, as he is used to. Alzate is great on the ball, running from deep but there's a huge gap behind the central striker where Doughty would normally be picking up possession and creating. We also had no attacking support from the FBs.

I think we have to start with Bayo through the middle and JMcG wide on Saturday. I'd also bring in Taylor and Knoyle to start, and figure out a way of playing one of the midfield three higher - maybe even play Keshi there and bring in another wide man somehow.

We're so close to having a really good side - but without Doughty and with Richards struggling, we just don't seem to be high enough up the pitch, or apply pressure consistently enough for long periods.

The positive is a fit Woolery and a fit Doughty and we have a really exciting, young front 4 and a solid base behind them... but how long until we have that?

Stay within touching distance of the top 3/7 until that point and we've got a chance.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 12:04:54 »

Richards does seem to be struggling but I think that is partly due to the role he is playing, he is not your type of striker to play as a lone player, he likes being in the 6 yard box and hanging around goal to get tap in's not having to come out deep, last season when he was scoring he was playing up alongside Norris, I do wonder if we may see an improvement if we moved away from this '3' up top and played a proper 2 man partnership.

The other player annoying me is Keshi, he is still flattering to deceive he has a lot of running but no end product and it has got to come to a point where is he a luxury player being carried.

Are there any stats on how our goals have been created this season (i.e. cross, pass though middle etc and who got the assist ?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 12:07:03 »

Stay within touching distance of the top 3/7 until that point and we've got a chance.

I think we should play with 3 at the back.

Wolf RCB, Sid CB/SWP (Lancs can fill in if needed), Taylor LCB.

We've options to rotate Conroy/Lancs/Taylor/Romanski

Then play R&LWBs in;

Knoyle RWB, McGlashan? LWB

Iandolo/McCourt can cover (even Romanski may be able to play better in n advanced position.

Then a central three of;

Dave DCM, Alzate LM/LCM, Doughty RM/RCM (when fit) (advanced role)

Dunne while Doughty out and Smith to cover.

A front three of either;

Keshi RF, Woolery LF, Crazy ST/CF
or
Crazy and Richards played closer together switching role of ST & SS respectively. Giving someone like Keshi/Woolery a free role to shoot on sight.

It's quite an attacking set up, despite the number of defensive positions. Would be strong going forward but also has the ability to soak up attacks via Dave and the CB three. This is without adding any players. Add in a January transfer of an out and out LB/LWB (similar to Knoyle) and a Striker that can bring Crazy into the play more and we can easily be the best team in this division...or not far off it. Only need a guy who can stay fit, is a tall fucker and will just nod it down into the box without looking awkward.

We know what we need, I'm sure PB knows what he needs (will Power allow it). It's so close to gelling and although it's hinging on a WHEN but when it clicks (and all fit/not suspended) we have the premise to be unbeatable.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 23:48:52 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 12:27:54 »

Good post Panda. I would say I don't think Woolery is going to be the answer to getting goals. The change with Adebeyo in the middle might.

Woolery may however create a bit of space with his movement. Not sure how I'd change it to accommodate him though. Was never a fan of him on the wing, I guess rest Richards and put him alongside Adebeyo.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 12:39:50 »

Been thinking about it, and you have to play with what you have, at least until January.

So, for me Taylor and Romanski are both not going to cut it at left back, they both expose us and Taylor doesn't have the legs to get where he needs to be in the attacking third often enough without fear of being caught going the other way.  But, nobody else will be competent there either.  If you insist on playing a four man defence, you have to have wide left player who knows how to defend and provide support and cover throughout the game, we don't have one.

For me Taylor is clearly still a better option than Romanski, you have no way of making the 4 man defence stable while giving the forward line the delivery they need, so you have to move Taylor forward somehow and assume he is our left sided option.  The best way to do that is to switch to a back three.  Knoyle is good enough going forwards to make it work out wide right and McGlashan isn't too bad tracking back so could provide an attacking option if needed in games on that side.  Taylor is not free to get forward with the knowledge a centre back can cover out wide behind him.  You probably play Nelson and Woolfenden with Lancashire and Conroy in the other slot.  Woolfenden likes the ball at feet, give him the central role with a bit of freedom to push forward.  Also gives us better height for corners at both ends.

Anderson is out next problem - I really don't know where he plays in a team.  If you have the back three and wing backs, then I think you put Adebayo down the middle and let Anderson play wherever he likes off of him.

You then sit Diagouraga in front of the defence and play Alzate and one other while Doughty recovers.   probably a Smith or McCourt, maybe even Iandalo.

Richards may even fit in there up front but I am not sure Alzate and Anderson can fill two midfield roles without leaving us exposed a little, but it might work.

Anyway, long way of trying to find how you get the best out of someone like Taylor - his only real asset left now is his delivery, we need to find a way of using it without giving him other things to worry about.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 13:17:19 »

I think we should play with 3 at the back.

Wolf RCB, Sid CB/SWP (Lancs can fill in if needed), Taylor LCB.

We've options to rotate Conroy/Lancs/Taylor/Romanski

Then play R&LWBs in;

Knoyle RWB, McGlashan? LWB

Iandolo/McCourt can cover (even Romanski may be able to play better in n advanced position.

Then a central three of;

Dave DCM, Alzate LM/LCM, Doughty RM/RCM (when fit) (advanced role)

Dunne while Doughty out and Smith to cover.

A front three of either;

Keshi RF, Woolery LF, Crazy ST/CF
or
Crazy and Richards played closer together switching role of ST & SS respectively. Giving someone like Keshi/Woolery a free role to shoot on sight.

It's quite an attacking set up, despite the number of defensive positions. Would be strong going forward but also has the ability to soak up attacks via Dave and the CB three. This is without adding any players. Add in a January transfer of an out and out LB/LWB (similar to Knoyle) and a Striker that can bring Crazy into the play more and we can easily be the best team in this division...or not far off it. Only need a guy who can stay fit, is a tall fucker and will just nod it down into the box without looking awkward.

We now what we need, I'm sure PB knows what he needs (will Power allow it). It's so close to gelling and although it's hinging on a WHEN but when it clicks (and all fit/not suspended) we have the premise to be unbeatable.

You don't half talk some shit, but this is probably your finest post yet. Are we playing without a keeper in your 533 formation?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 13:58:34 »

You don't half talk some shit, but this is probably your finest post yet. Are we playing without a keeper in your 533 formation?

Oh fuck off, yes I'll hold my hands up but I did mean a front two! Robert T followed me with a virtually identical set up. You love to jump in when someone makes an error. You must be fucking perfect. Go have a celebratory wank  Soapy Tit Wank

5-3-2/3-5-2. Adebayo and Richards playing closer together or Adebayo with Woolery/Keshi in a more free role.

You know what I meant. Cunt.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 14:00:48 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 14:03:53 »

Haven't read back.

A really frustrating game to watch. They were completely there for the taking but we just weren't at it. Defensively we were fine, as we have been, and their goal is a series of unfortunate events. Other than the one decent save from LM, they didn't really create much more.

It's offensively we were so short. The front three were all under par, Richards being the worst offender. And we miss Doughty so badly. Dunne was 20 yards too deep, as he is used to. Alzate is great on the ball, running from deep but there's a huge gap behind the central striker where Doughty would normally be picking up possession and creating. We also had no attacking support from the FBs.

I think we have to start with Bayo through the middle and JMcG wide on Saturday. I'd also bring in Taylor and Knoyle to start, and figure out a way of playing one of the midfield three higher - maybe even play Keshi there and bring in another wide man somehow.

We're so close to having a really good side - but without Doughty and with Richards struggling, we just don't seem to be high enough up the pitch, or apply pressure consistently enough for long periods.

The positive is a fit Woolery and a fit Doughty and we have a really exciting, young front 4 and a solid base behind them... but how long until we have that?

Pretty well spot in.

If we can stay in touch we have a chance to kick on.

Crewe WERE there for the taking... frustrating.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: