Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 25726 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 07:39:00 »

Well, somebody had to do it.

Another clean sheet and a nailed on 3 points. Knoyle to return, Lancashire binned, Anderson to score the winner.

Please, nobody mention the railways
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 07:45:44 »

Tis on ifollow in the UK isn't it...

1-1
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 07:46:04 »

Balls, I forgot  Sad

3-1 to town
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 07:48:17 »

I was going to start as 4D was dragging his feet on starting a MDT.

We sit 9th on 16 points with 4 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats in the league so far.

Crewe sit 18th with 2 wins 2 draws and 5 defeats so far in the league.

Their form has been up and down with a 6-0 win home to Morecambe and a 6-0 defeat away at Colchester.

Crewes current form at home so far has been WDWL in their 4 games at Gresty Road scoring 9 and conceding only once in those 4 games.

Town haven't lost in the last 10 games against Crewe, including 4 games at Gresty Road winning our last 2 visits there and drawing the previous 2.

Always a tough place to get a result, again I would be happy with a draw in away games.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 08:11:15 »

1-1

I come from a land down-under
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 08:35:41 »

Ordered a ticket for this but it hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it'll come in the post today. It'll be my first game of the season, so I'm looking forward to seeing Alzate and the new and improved(?) Kyle Knoyle. Shame Doughty won't be available as he really is a cut above.

Looks like Crewe have done ok at home so far this season despite their lowly position, but they've lost to Port Vale (H) and Notts County (A) in their last two league games, getting thumped 4-1 by Man City U21 in between. Hopefully the doubts are setting in and we can take advantage.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 08:53:11 »

Sort of game we need to be winning if we are to do owt this season, but the waters are muddied by the selection dilemma. Therefore wait and see for me, what the starting XI looks lke.

Much of Crewe's best engine production was during the time of William Stanier... Swindon boy.  Crewe still retains some railway work and Stanier has a secondary school named after him... Swindon has a street.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 08:59:50 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 11:48:36 »

Has anyone done the midweek Ifollow thing yet? Thinking of utilising it tonight.

Can anyone recommend? I have read people moaning about lack of commentary but that doesn't really bother me as I'll more than likely watch listening to music or have the sky sports news channel on in the background.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 11:54:35 »

Has anyone done the midweek Ifollow thing yet? Thinking of utilising it tonight.

Can anyone recommend? I have read people moaning about lack of commentary but that doesn't really bother me as I'll more than likely watch listening to music or have the sky sports news channel on in the background.
Yes I did one of the £10 midweek UK offers and it works really well for video, the commentary can be hit/miss/non existant though.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 11:57:13 »

Yes I did one of the £10 midweek UK offers and it works really well for video, the commentary can be hit/miss/non existant though.

Thanks PV. May give it a go tonight then.

As for the game, reckon we'll win 2-0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 11:57:41 »

The stream quality and the actual filming are pretty good this season, last season it felt like it was a guy with his mobile phone in the stands.

The commentary is either the right radio station, the wrong radio station (not the same game), just ground noise, or complete silence!

I quite like it with just the ground noise, especially the guy who must have a season ticket just below the camera who can be heard shouting Come on Town at pretty much every set piece in the game regardless of side.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 12:03:39 »

I quite like it with just the ground noise, especially the guy who must have a season ticket just below the camera who can be heard shouting Come on Town at pretty much every set piece in the game regardless of side.
And the ubiquitous "fucking hell ref!" every few minutes.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 12:07:28 »

Coming in a close third is probably the same guy as the Fucking Hell ref, with a loud and contorted BOOOOOO as well.  They are a crazy bunch those middle blockers in the DR stand.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 12:11:42 »

Coming in a close third is probably the same guy as the Fucking Hell ref, with a loud and contorted BOOOOOO as well.  They are a crazy bunch those middle blockers in the DR stand.
I guess they are all better than "get it forward" guy that we would often hear last season!

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 12:21:52 »

Thanks PV. May give it a go tonight then.

As for the game, reckon we'll win 2-0
2-0 for me as well,  can't understand what all the negativity is about,  another performance similar to Saturday's and we should cruise through this one.   (Don't bank on it though,  just put a tenner on us to win).  Banging Banging COYR

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: