Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 26316 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:38:37 »

Meanwhile...

Forest Vegan Rovers still haven't lost in the League! 4 wins and 7 (seven) draws.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:39:57 »

Here comes the 40+ page thread...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:40:12 »

Our forward line is toothless, that’s Bury, Oldham and Crewe where we just haven’t looked threatening at all.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:41:03 »

Was a shit game all round tbh. But for Crazy's disallowed goal we would've drawn. Be interesting to watch that back.

There wasnt a disallowed goal. The ball went in the net but the whistle was well before.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:43:53 »

Surely enough time has passed to judge Brown now? Not good enough I’m afraid.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:48:11 »

On the plus side,the piss stains lost at home to Luton who scored the winner in the 8th minute of injury time.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:48:54 »

When you set up defensively try for a clean sheet and hope to nick one, the risk is that you can be undone by going behind, which is what happened.  Still Div 4 is a grind... we're worse off than same time last season, in terms of points, wins and goal difference but not by too much.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:51:37 »

Before the season started I said our front line wasn't good enough to go up, and it was a risk to rely on Richards and an unproven Adebeyo.

And you probably think I'm going to say I told you so. But I'm honestly not sure if I am right or wrong. We've had three out of 4 games being poor. But we've done well some others. Or have we been lucky to score some late goals.

I honestly don't know. Other than we aren't consistent enough to get in the mix as it stands.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:54:31 »

Before the season started I said our front line wasn't good enough to go up, and it was a risk to rely on Richards and an unproven Adebeyo.

And you probably think I'm going to say I told you so. But I'm honestly not sure if I am right or wrong. We've had three out of 4 games being poor. But we've done well some others. Or have we been lucky to score some late goals.

I honestly don't know. Other than we aren't consistent enough to get in the mix as it stands.

We're a mid table div 4 side, and that's it really. Wont go down, but no chance of going up. Gonna have to suck it for another season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:54:32 »

Well, Brown is talking a good game...not good enough...final third worrying me....blah blah.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:55:44 »

When you set up defensively try for a clean sheet and hope to nick one, the risk is that you can be undone by going behind, which is what happened.  Still Div 4 is a grind... we're worse off than same time last season, in terms of points, wins and goal difference but not by too much.

Ironically that's how Crewe set up as well. Hence the terrible game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:56:59 »

We're a mid table div 4 side, and that's it really. Wont go down, but no chance of going up. Gonna have to suck it for another season.

But I don't write off the season before the January transfer window shuts, even though you are right!

Its like a half finished rebuild job, we've done a lot better defensively without fullback cover, we've a good midfield, but a lack of creativity and clinical finishing. Doughty to come back of course ...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:58:44 by Batch » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 20:58:57 »

Shoehorning a past it Richards into a front 3 isn’t helping.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 21:00:10 »

Stay in the mix until January and hope Brown/Power have been convinced we need to strengthen in certain areas.

I'm not really surprised we're so inconsistent. Just not strong enough in a couple of positions. Expect us to be around where we are now come Jan and then it's up to the board how much we want to get top 7.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 21:00:35 »

But I don't write off the season before the January transfer window shuts, even though you are right!

Its like a half finished rebuild job, we've done a lot better defensively without fullback cover, we've a good midfield, but a lack of creativity and clinical finishing. Doughty to come back of course ...

Yeah i've thought about Jan window, but we wont get anyone to push us on. It needs a spark, or a group of 4/5 very good players hitting form at the same time, and I cant see either happening on that showing.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 21:02:55 by suttonred » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: