Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic official match day thread  (Read 33657 times)
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 19:10:07 »

My guess would be that Lancashire will start and Richards won’t.

I think Richards still has a fair bit to offer but, like Taylor, he just can’t cope with what we’re asking of him. He’d probably be more likely to score off the bench these days.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 19:45:59 »

Noticed that Alzate took most of the corners with Taylor hanging back - which led to him getting the red being the last man. Obviously Brown has recognised he is slow getting back. Whoever takes over at LB for the next 3 games has a great chance to gain a regular starter

If Brown is as good as his word re round pegs then Knoyle must start at RB with the Wolf returning to CB. Bit harsh on Lancashire after a couple of good performances but i feel there is always a mistake in him.

Romanski at LB for me. Woolery can only be a few weeks away from being ready - replacement for Richards.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 20:01:44 »

Noticed that Alzate took most of the corners with Taylor hanging back - which led to him getting the red being the last man. Obviously Brown has recognised he is slow getting back. Whoever takes over at LB for the next 3 games has a great chance to gain a regular starter

If Brown is as good as his word re round pegs then Knoyle must start at RB with the Wolf returning to CB. Bit harsh on Lancashire after a couple of good performances but i feel there is always a mistake in him.

Romanski at LB for me. Woolery can only be a few weeks away from being ready - replacement for Richards.

Is it 3 games or 1 for his offence ?
Thought 3 was for violent offences
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 20:07:54 »

Think he'll only be unavailable for one game.

Would be nice to have him as an option off the bench to concentrate on getting good balls into the box for 20 minutes, could still be a great asset if used wisely.  Need a KK clone at LB, we'd be very strong.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 20:47:58 »

Think I'd go with the following on Tues assuming the players I've picked are all fit;

McCormick
Knoyle
Nelson
Conroy
Woolfenden
McGlashan
Diagouraga
Doughty
Alzate
Anderson
Adebayo

Subs

Vigouroux
Lancashire
Smith
McCourt
Dunne
Richards
Twine
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 20:49:43 by FreddySTFC! » Logged

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 21:12:10 »

Is it 3 games or 1 for his offence ?
Thought 3 was for violent offences

Guess the ref may have imterpreted Taylor's kick as a violent act... rather than perhaps denying a golascoring opportunity. We'll soon find out.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, September 30, 2018, 21:39:10 »

Guess the ref may have imterpreted Taylor's kick as a violent act... rather than perhaps denying a golascoring opportunity. We'll soon find out.
This is what the rule says and the key point is that the ref interpreted it as no attempt to play the ball. That's a sending off as he clipped the heels when the player had pushed the ball in front of but not violent conduct as the tackle wasn't dangerous.

The doubt has to be if it's a clear opportunity if the tackle was made in our own half.

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

A player, sent off player, substitute or substituted player who enters the field of play without the required referee's permission and interferes with play or an opponent and denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is guilty of a sending-off offence

The following must be considered:

distance between the offence and the goal

general direction of the play

likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball

location and number of defenders

Sent from my HTC U11
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, October 1, 2018, 06:51:09 »

Taylor's foul was as cynical as they come, but you can never call that "violent".

I'm fine with Brown defending him in the press, but please don't appeal it. You'd get a yellow for such a deliberate foul just about anywhere on the pitch, and it certainly struck me as being a clear goalscoring opportunity a split second beforehand.

Too often this season we are leaving the wrong man back and being vulnerable from our own set pieces. At FGR it was happening time after time. Leaving someone like McGlashan as the last man would make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: