Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic official match day thread  (Read 34282 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 00:06:00 »

Here we go again. Oldham will be tough opposition, but I'll go for a 2-1 win.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 00:22:21 »

Here we go again. Oldham will be tough opposition, but I'll go for a 2-1 win.

Wildly optimistic.... if we can win this we might be on to something. A draw more realistic and acceptable.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 00:43:53 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 07:30:54 »

Wildly optimistic.... if we can win this we might be on to something. A draw more realistic and acceptable.
Wildly optimistic  Clap Clap

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 07:46:10 »

I’m going today. Last time I went to see us against Oldham we lost a high scoring game and Oldham scored a beezer of a goal from 30 yard. I want to say 2-3 (Ajose May have scored)

As for today, interesting one, both sides have had half decent starts to the season and this could be a pre-cursor to a play off game come the end of the season. We’ve done well without Doughty and managed to paper over the cracks with under performing players such as Taylor and Richards (based on what I’ve read on here).

I’ll go 2-2. Adebayo and Keshi for us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 08:49:27 »

2-1 Swindon,

I come from a land down-under
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 08:53:57 »

My dad passed away in December 2010 the day after Town’s game at Boundary Park was frozen off. I was telling him this and the last conscious thing I recall him mustering the strength to say was “I told’em Oldham” which he had said throughout his life. So I’m predicting a 2-1 win so I can repeat those words today.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 09:00:12 »

Oldham unbeaten at the CG in the last 6 visits with 3 wins and 3 draws here, scoring 8 and us only getting 4. They don't have a very high following on the road, they have averaged 200 away fans in the last visits.

On Saturday they came back from being 3-1 down to draw 3-3 at home with Col U.

They sit in 6th place (equal with us) with exactly the same record of 4 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats so far this season scoring 1 less than us but conceding 5 less, hence their higher league position.

Their record so far this season in the league is LDWDWWLWD (with 2 defeats in the cups too) both their defeats have come at home this season to MKD and Newport both by a single goal.

On the road Oldham have been very hard to beat, despite their relegation last season they have only lost once on their travels since January with the only loss a defeat at Wigan in March a run of DWDLDDDDDDWW.

I would be happy with a draw today in front of 6,156 fans with 275 from Ooop North.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 09:37:16 »

I would also be happy with a draw, but we have a good potential to win it. Which Swindon turns up, its quite interesting.

ust be the oldest
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 09:54:50 »

Bury don't win away, Yeovil don't concede goals, Oldham don't lose away, Swindon don't beat Oldham at home.

Surely that's all adding up to a Swindon win today. 

3-1 - Doughty to come of the bench for 10 minutes to bag the 3rd.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 09:58:40 »

Bury don't win away, Yeovil don't concede goals, Oldham don't lose away, Swindon don't beat Oldham at home.
Runs are there for the breaking, that is true.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 10:27:09 »

So I’m predicting a 2-1 win so I can repeat those words today.

Amen.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 10:38:54 »

Surely that's all adding up to a Swindon win today. 

3-1 - Doughty to come of the bench for 10 minutes to bag the 3rd.

I like your thinking KT... if we could get a win today, then it would be a significant step. 

If we are to do anything this season then we need to get a consistency and string together a run of wins, but the same applies to most of the teams in Div 4... only Lincoln atm look to have that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 10:50:25 »

If we are to do anything this season then we need to get a consistency and string together a run of wins, but the same applies to most of the teams in Div 4... only Lincoln atm look to have that.
And even they have been beaten in the league by Crawley and in the cups vs Blackburn and Mansfield which is only 1 less in total than us.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 11:31:19 »

I had a glance at the league table after reading this expecting to find Oldham are runaway leaders...the inferiority complex which has swept some of our fan base in recent years is frankly frightening.

Get a grip.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 12:58:14 »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: