Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic official match day thread  (Read 34285 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 15:57:15 »

2nd half was a bit more ragged, fair enough result.  The first 10 of that half we were poor, mostly thanks to Taylor have one of two impacts on the game - giving the ball away and putting us under pressure, or fucking up in defence.  Got better as the half wore on, but never really looked like scoring, bar maybe Anderson being put in on the left.

Taylor getting himself sent off was a fair enough assessment of his overall performance. Sorry, I know you shouldn't knock your own players, but what the fans were applauding, other than his self sacrifice in pulling their player down when clean through because he hadn't sat far enough back to cover as the last man, I don't know.  He was awful today, a real Dunne of a performance.

I want to blame the ref for the 2nd half, but Oldham were niggly and were too impetuous in the tackle at times.

Diagouraga deserved the MotM, classy performance from him.  Backed up the one last weekend, hopefully he's where he needs to be fitness wise and this is what we get for the rest of the season.

Think the period Adebayo played in the middle role showed to me why he is better wide in a 3.  Got a bit lost in the battle rather than being able to run at players.  Be interesting to see the option Woollery may bring.

McGlashan flattered to deceive in his cameo.

Overall, good effort, certainly a team more likely to be challenging the top end than the bottom and Oldham seemed a well organised bunch that will grind out some results.  One of the better teams we have played without being good, if you get my drift.

Reg will be happy, that we staved off the inevitable defeat.  backs to the wall, should have lost it by 3 type of performance no doubt :-)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 15:58:18 »

Oxford lost again.
Agent Robinson doing his job.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 15:59:25 »

Agent Robinson doing his job.

Hated him when he was at Franchise, but I'm starting to warm to him now.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:01:06 by Ardiles » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 15:59:31 »

I don't think we lost 2 points simply because we didn't create anything much,. the game was certainly winnable and Oldham were equally as goal sky
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 15:59:43 »

Madness at the end Taylor sent off. Nelson booked and two Oldham players booked. I've no idea why Taylor was singled out for the red? He's usually peacemaker. Knowing this ref it was mistaken identity. Likely we'll appeal.

Was just about to say, a good advert for L2 football spoilt by an inept ref. Who had know idea how to let a game flow. In the 2nd half Odham truly were playing for a point. Te bottom line today:

We didn't capitalise on our chances. 11 shots off, 0 on. Therein tells us the picture today. Although this was a good point, if one had won it would've been a great win for either. These two teams will be there or abouts come May.

In other news, Forest Vegan Rovers STILL haven't lost and I think that's their 7th draw!

Umm, clear card for Taylor - brought down their player as last man from behind, certain red, he walked before the melee and had to come back to be sent off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:01:06 »

that was a red all day long. Matey was clear through despite being a long way out
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:01:13 »

And we had a couple of shots on target, blocked by defenders sliding back in.  No more than they had in terms of clear cut stuff though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:03:11 »

Umm, clear card for Taylor - brought down their player as last man from behind, certain red, he walked before the melee and had to come back to be sent off.
Got to admit I didn't see what happened with him, he had their player by the throat earlier in the game and was lucky not to have a yellow for that, hes become a liabilty unfortunately.

He scored a good free kick last week but thats his only contribution to this season and for me Alzate takes a better more consitant free kick, he is of no benefit to the team now. LB is a priority and another striker.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:09:07 »

Oldham fans views...

Came for the point, got the point. Should have won at the end but they cheated. 

Take a point.  Clean through at the end..... would of done the same if I was the Swindon lad, would of expected an Oldham player to do likewise to be fair. We never looked like conceding, they played in front of us, we cleared our lines, rinse and repeat. Defence is solid.

Decent point on the road, exactly what we set up for.

Great shithousery from their lad at the end, - something our squad is definitely missing.

Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:13:08 »

No doubt about the red if it's a professional foul it was given for. Possibly saved us a point, one decent thing that Taylor did all game.

Their guy massively overreacted to it, though. There was no malice in it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:15:35 »

We must have the most red cards in the entire football league

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:19:10 »

I had missed the actual challenge. So hands up. However watching back, it was a good distance from goal and wasn't denying a goalscoring opportunity.  I'd expect us to appeal it. However, it could be silver lining if Taylor is "rested".

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:19:44 »

Taylor took one for the team,  and didn't have much choice really.

Good game and a solid if uninspiring performance. Alzate is very skillfull and links up well but lacks experience and a final ball. Dunne was good enough, Anderson seems to be growing into a decent player. Diagouraga was my MOM.

Either Oldham defended our crosses really well or they where shit. Bit of both I think.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:24:07 »

The challenge by Taylor.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1046065551582400513

I think to be sent off on the half way line was quite unlucky.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, September 29, 2018, 16:25:34 »

I think our crossing was poor, any that fell between the 6 yard box were easily caught by the keeper, so not enough threat on them.

Alzate has the most assists, near the top in the league as well, so he can certainly produce a good final ball.  Today he tried too much, a bit like Anderson does, and  it meant he wasted some good positions.

Probably try Romanski at left back.  If Taylor has any self awareness he'd have a word with Brown and let him know he'll hang his boots up in the next window, to get Brown working on a replacement.  In the meantime he can work o his coaching by helping Romanski take his place.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: