Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Intel Stand  (Read 26359 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:41:11 »

I'm by no means trying to discredit Power, but I think we can thank Wellens for most of the recent initiatives. He really seems to be taking the job on head-on.

I like him, hopefully it'll work on the pitch as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:43:29 »

Its all very well the club showing willing, but will the fans reciprocate or just continue to moan at every opportunity about essentially nothing.
Some will, largely quietly. Others will continue to moan, loudly and at every opportunity and every available platform. Giving a highly distorted view of the actual levels of discontent. Such is the nature of social media
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:45:49 »

Somewhat off topic but my 6 year old decided this year that she wanted to arrange a surprise birthday part for her (mid 30's) mum, I had a bugger of a job persuading her that we did not need to hire a full bouncy castle for her mum to have a good time!
You say that but a few years back my Mum and Dad had a family party in the summer and hired a bouncy castle "for the kids". Once a few drinks had been taken, the kids couldn't get near it for middle-aged and older adults launching themselves at the thing. Great fun, but nearly broke the castle (and a few of the adults)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:54:10 »

I'm by no means trying to discredit Power, but I think we can thank Wellens for most of the recent initiatives. He really seems to be taking the job on head-on.

I like him, hopefully it'll work on the pitch as well.

I don't think you are wrong there.

The CG has been toxic for about 4 seasons, with fans on the edge of their seats waiting to be able to boo the slightest mistake. A better match day experience would certainly help take away some of that toxicity, although of course on the pitch also needs to replicate that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:02:51 »

4?  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:27:49 »

I don't think you are wrong there.

The CG has been toxic for about 4 seasons, with fans on the edge of their seats waiting to be able to boo the slightest mistake. A better match day experience would certainly help take away some of that toxicity, although of course on the pitch also needs to replicate that.

In those 4 seasons our home form for league games reads W 34 D 24 L 34. That is unacceptable, and why fans get fractious.

It's what Wellens needs to get right for the coming season.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:34:45 »

In those 4 seasons our home form for league games reads W 34 D 24 L 34. That is unacceptable, and why fans get fractious.

It's what Wellens needs to get right for the coming season.
Same people moaned when we winning, see the old get it forward brigade, moaning about loans etc. There is a toxic and very vocal element to our fan base who love nothing more than to bask in negativity and find a fault with everything.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:36:28 »

Oh I 100% agree, a defeat every 3 games is unacceptable at home.
What also hasn't helped has been the amount of those defeats where the opposition scored 3 or more and when we have failed to score a goal at all in a game. So I understand why so many people have been venting at every little mistake.

Hopefully this year we can get the feel good factor back at the club.
Panda Paws

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:44:25 »

Fingers crossed success on the pitch can combine with all the great initiatives the club are putting in place to attract a new family-oriented collection of fans so the tiny, but loud, minority of overtly negative idiots can piss off once and for all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:45:20 »

Same people moaned when we winning, see the old get it forward brigade, moaning about loans etc. There is a toxic and very vocal element to our fan base who love nothing more than to bask in negativity and find a fault with everything.

That has been the case since time immemorial, and is the same at many clubs... for some fans it's a form of catharsis, if your life is shite, then a chance to vent at football is welcome, some don't even realise they're doing it.

Personally don't have a problem at least they are there.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:48:15 »

That has been the case since time immemorial, and is the same at many clubs... for some fans it's a form of catharsis, if your life is shite, then a chance to vent at football is welcome, some don't even realise they're doing it.
Does that rule apply to people who emit a continuous stream of negativity on football forums as well? Cool
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:49:19 »

Personally don't have a problem at least they are there.
Problem is it’s ones that aren’t there who tend to be the ringleaders.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:58:16 »

Does that rule apply to people who emit a continuous stream of negativity on football forums as well? Cool

You might want to think about it. 

My stuff is observational, so for example pointing out we've achieved our lowest league position since 83/84, is done out of a desire to see that improve... I see no gain in ad hominem attacks on the messenger, to me that's all negative. I want to enter discussion about what's to be done about it.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 12:02:41 »

You might want to think about it. 

My stuff is observational, so for example pointing out we've achieved our lowest league position since 83/84, is done out of a desire to see that improve... I see no gain in ad hominem attacks on the messenger, to me that's all negative. I want to enter discussion about what's to be done about it.

To enter a discussion you need to actual talk some sense.............Not something ive seen from any of your posts
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 12:36:29 »

My stuff is observational,
Is it, we are always told its factual?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: