Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Intel Stand  (Read 26373 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:03:16 »

But its the LINK that is broken.......

NOT the Club....that is a different thing entirely as a previous poster has stated - Bury , Bolton and Macclesfield are broken clubs

Again with you Reg manipulating things to suit your 'Arguement'

You read one line 'link hasn't always been great' and from there you get the adver is alluding to we are a broken club

But what is the Club?  For me the club is nothing without its fans....

The broken link between club and fans, is a symptom of the wider problem of decline o the pitch... well summed up by Venkers...

Its like a lot of the fans passion has left them and are in a state of regrouping until we get someone in at the top who can galvanize players and fans again so we are a club again all wanting to improve and feeling that it will.

Unfortunately Power came in at a very bad time and was always on a hiding to nothing, he wasn't as "minted" as Black or most other owners of league clubs, he stated from the off he was only interested in improving previously rejected players to sell for money and not to further the club as a club, no interest in developing the CG, not integrating the club more with the community, no positive PR coming out of the club, basically he wanted and still wants just to make money from this club however he can.

That won't ever change with Power in charge.

The fans want players who give 100% or at worst 90% every game, want to play for the club, want to play for the fans and respect them as their main wage payers, a manager than can galvanise fans and players, put some positive mental attitude into the fans and club as a whole.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:06:27 »

The link was a bit shit for a while but this is another example of the numerous efforts that have been made to mend that link in recent months, fair play to them.

You can also see a real concerted effort on the social media side in the last recently as well.

Wasn't there something in last few days along the lines of 200 free season tickets being given to local schools as well?

Yes, that’s in today’s Adver.

To be fair to Power - over the last 12 months he has made an effort to try and right his wrongs I feel. Yes, he brought a lot of it on himself, but there are things being done off the pitch which seem to be positive.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:14:31 »

Then the link between the fans and the club has become broken....

And that is a two way street.....

Yes, that’s in today’s Adver.

To be fair to Power - over the last 12 months he has made an effort to try and right his wrongs I feel. Yes, he brought a lot of it on himself, but there are things being done off the pitch which seem to be positive.

Problem is there are so many fans that want him to fail and seem little bothered if that means the club is relegated, in fact some seem to relish the idea.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:17:34 by horlock07 » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:20:07 »

And that is a two way street.....

Problem is there are so many fans that want him to fail and seem little bothered if that means the club is relegated, in fact some seem to relish the idea.
Said it before, some of our 'fans' are much more poisonous than Power ever will be.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:25:12 »

Any attempt to repair the rift between Power and the fans has to be positive,  and it appears he is doing his best at the moment to propel the club in the right direction.   Like many others have called him a cunt in the past and still don't give him my full respect,  but he is slowly going up in my estimation.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:26:10 »

You can also see a real concerted effort on the social media side in the last recently as well.

Ignore that, they just tweeted something in relation to that Love Island bollocks!

Power Out
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:56:16 »

But what is the Club?  For me the club is nothing without its fans....

The broken link between club and fans, is a symptom of the wider problem of decline o the pitch... well summed up by Venkers...

If such a link were broken decline on the pitch would be one of the causes, it wouldn't be a symptom of decline on the pitch that makes no sense at all.

FanZone sounds like a good idea generally. Will it heal the rift (for those who feel there is one)? No, but it's one of several steps that might start to make a difference. Shows willing anyway, so got to be welcomed. Be interesting to see how it pans out in practice.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:07:49 »

If there is a bar and stuff for the kids to do, they will be onto a winner.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:12:54 »

If such a link were broken decline on the pitch would be one of the causes, it wouldn't be a symptom of decline on the pitch that makes no sense at all.

THis is the definition of symptom that I'm using....

an indication of the existence of something, especially of an undesirable situation.

in this case the broken link
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:15:46 »

THis is the definition of symptom that I'm using....

an indication of the existence of something, especially of an undesirable situation.

in this case the broken link

You had it back to front then.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:16:14 »

If there is a bar and stuff for the kids to do, they will be onto a winner.

What is this obsession on TEF this morning with the club getting kids pissed!  Cheesy
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:16:25 »

FanZone sounds like a good idea generally. Will it heal the rift (for those who feel there is one)? No, but it's one of several steps that might start to make a difference. Shows willing anyway, so got to be welcomed. Be interesting to see how it pans out in practice.

Hopefully there won't be an age restriction for the bouncy castle.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:17:12 »

Just use some of the fatter fans, job done!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:19:17 »

Its all very well the club showing willing, but will the fans reciprocate or just continue to moan at every opportunity about essentially nothing.

Its like the good old days (I cannot remember which year it was but it was a stage where the communication was poor) of the posts which basically said 'I am not going to renew my season ticket because the club didn't come around to my house in person and asked me to'.

I cannot understand anyone who claims to be a fan but is desperate to see the club fail just to be proven right.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:21:05 »

Somewhat off topic but my 6 year old decided this year that she wanted to arrange a surprise birthday part for her (mid 30's) mum, I had a bugger of a job persuading her that we did not need to hire a full bouncy castle for her mum to have a good time!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: