Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Intel Stand  (Read 26390 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 12:40:43 »

When I looked I noticed these types of lists, but for me some bits are dodgy... Field Mill, for example Mansfield weren't formed until 1905, when they moved to Field Mill.

Blades were formed in 1889, cricket and sometimes Sheffield FC had used BL.

Portman Road was a sports field mostly used for rugby... Ipswich didn't turn pro until 1936.

So it seems based on sports being on site.... in which case the CG was first used in 1866, the pavilion was built in 1893 and STFC played there in 1895, before moving over in 1896.

My bad.  I thought the question was "...how many FL grounds are older than the CG?" not 'how many FL grounds have been in use by current professional FL clubs longer than the Town have been playing at the CG?'  Oh, hang on, it was!  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 12:45:21 »

My bad.  I thought the question was "...how many FL grounds are older than the CG?" not 'how many FL grounds have been in use by current professional FL clubs longer than the Town have been playing at the CG?'  Oh, hang on, it was!  Smiley

I think your last paragraph boxed that off anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, September 21, 2018, 14:00:27 »

Ok. It was a bit of idle musing, so let's tighten up the qualification. Which of the current 92, have been playing professional football at their present ground for the longest period?

Doesn't have to be continuous, as wars got in the way..... but what of Fulham who moved out in 2002 to return in 2004?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 07:34:22 »

Club announced a new ‘fan zone’ behind the DRS for next year. Not sure where it will be, as the junior reds room is staying. But another good, positive off the field step, of which there’s been a few in recent months

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:01:05 »

Club announced a new ‘fan zone’ behind the DRS for next year. Not sure where it will be, as the junior reds room is staying. But another good, positive off the field step, of which there’s been a few in recent months

All good stuff, but the Adver article alludes to the broken club, and although initiatives are welcome, it is going to be very difficult to put the pieces back together again.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:04:40 »

Didnt they build the stand in 3 months?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:11:49 »

All good stuff, but the Adver article alludes to the broken club, and although initiatives are welcome, it is going to be very difficult to put the pieces back together again.
Can you not just stop your negative tripe for one minute. We aren’t a broken club, we are a normal lower league club operating within our means. A broken club is Bury, or Notts County, or Macclesfield, we aren’t even close to them.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:13:32 »

It'll be on the grass area between the DRS and Shrivvy Road.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:20:25 »

Can you not just stop your negative tripe for one minute. We aren’t a broken club, we are a normal lower league club operating within our means. A broken club is Bury, or Notts County, or Macclesfield, we aren’t even close to them.

This is about the link between club and fans which I've highlighted down the years.... the fella charged with improving things alludes to it...

“The relationship between the club, our fans and the press hasn’t always been great.

Wellens alluded to it when he pointed out it feels like a team and not a club....

He said: “I want to change the feeling around this club. At the moment, this club is just a football team, it’s not a football club.

“We’re going to do loads of work in the community next year, in terms of going out to coach local young football teams and things like that.

“I want there to be a connection between the players and the supporters and I don’t think we’ve got that right now.”

In my opinion that link has become broken, fair enough if you think it's fine..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:24:24 »

About that.... last home game with the Shrivenham Road was May 7th.... first home game with Intel August 14th.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:27:08 »

This is about the link between club and fans which I've highlighted down the years.... the fella charged with improving things alludes to it...

Wellens alluded to it when he pointed out it feels like a team and not a club....

In my opinion that link has become broken, fair enough if you think it's fine..

Then the link between the fans and the club has become broken....

The Adver article did not indicate or allude to the fact we are a broken club at all...

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:40:45 »

Then the link between the fans and the club has become broken....

The Adver article did not indicate or allude to the fact we are a broken club at all...

It's classic understatement....link hasn't always been great

If something isn't broken it doesn't need fixing....

FWIW I think it a very difficult thing to do.... Town have been trying with varying degrees of lack of success for years now.

The best way to re-engage fans is by being decent on the pitch.... just so long as we don't get clackers.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:49:32 »

It's classic understatement....link hasn't always been great

If something isn't broken it doesn't need fixing....

FWIW I think it a very difficult thing to do.... Town have been trying with varying degrees of lack of success for years now.

The best way to re-engage fans is by being decent on the pitch.... just so long as we don't get clackers.

But its the LINK that is broken.......

NOT the Club....that is a different thing entirely as a previous poster has stated - Bury , Bolton and Macclesfield are broken clubs

Again with you Reg manipulating things to suit your 'Arguement'

You read one line 'link hasn't always been great' and from there you get the adver is alluding to we are a broken club

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:55:26 by Cowley38 » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:51:59 »

I took a couple of pics of it being built, it did go up quickly.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:02:00 »

The link was a bit shit for a while but this is another example of the numerous efforts that have been made to mend that link in recent months, fair play to them.

You can also see a real concerted effort on the social media side in the last recently as well.

Wasn't there something in last few days along the lines of 200 free season tickets being given to local schools as well?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: