Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bury official match day thread  (Read 37053 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 20:51:00 »

Next Saturday now becomes massive given the nature of Yeovil’s victory yesterday....can we avoid being on the end of a cricket score? You’d like to think PB will ensure we go there and shut up shop, a point would be huge but probably beyond our current lot based on yesterday’s showing. It’s vital we avoid another knock to our already fragile confidence as we all know it’s a slippery slope towards that FL trap door. Flitters got it right last year when we looked to be struggling...namely, back to basics and building from there. A further twist for next week is that Yeovil also have a Tory council...even more reason to want to avoid a hammering.
Flitcroft? He can fuck right off. Including his last 11 games with us he’s won 7 out of 30 league games. The bloke is a fucking charlatan.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 21:14:31 »

A further twist for next week is that Yeovil also have a Tory council...even more reason to want to avoid a hammering.
What the fuck has that got to do with anything? Apart from anything else, so do we.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 21:18:00 »

Flitcroft? He can fuck right off. Including his last 11 games with us he’s won 7 out of 30 league games. The bloke is a fucking charlatan.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything? Apart from anything else, so do we.
Chang was taking the piss out of Reg. Rather well I have to say - credit where it's due...  Clap
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 22:13:49 »

Chang was taking the piss out of Reg. Rather well I have to say - credit where it's due...  Clap

👍
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #214 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 07:47:20 »

Looking back on yesterday, I dont remember us getting a free kick even around the penalty area or even in the last third.  Guess it wouldn't have made any difference as Taylor would have claimed it and he hasn't exactly shone with dead ball situations this season.
We had 2 free kicks in the 1st half around their box both squandered by Taylor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #215 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:07:56 »

A further twist for next week is that Yeovil also have a Tory council...even more reason to want to avoid a hammering.
We do and I didn't vote for the toffy nosed bastard who tried to sue a Facebook page that he says libelled him and has also been spreading fake news the Aussie wank stain.

My God I hope we beat Yokelvil next week, I have had a relenteless stream of txts from several mates who support them already saying they will thrash us after beating Newport 6-0 away who were flying high on Saturday pre game.

If we play as badly on Saturday then that could be a possibility without a recognised right back playing.

This is now the time to show us what you are made of Mr Brown.

You made a couple of poor selections on Saturday and we paid the price, the team had no cohesion and looked devoid of ideas in midfield and also the ability to tackle and protect the defence.

We need to start with Anderson, Toums and Smith playing in place of Richards, McCourt and Iandolo if Doughty is still unfit, Bayo looks a far better option as a target man than Richards ever has.

RB is a major worry for us though, with only Woolf able to fill in there and he looks far better at CB with Romanski not quite being ready for the start at CB yet.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:34:00 »

Woooosh! It was tired, I was late Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:39:43 »

Woooosh! It was tired, I was late Smiley

Sounds like you haven't woken up yet Paul  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:40:38 »

Sounds like you haven't woken up yet Paul  Smiley
And that would be a counter-woooosh, I think Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 09:22:31 »

My God I hope we beat Yokelvil next week, I have had a relenteless stream of txts from several mates who support them already saying they will thrash us after beating Newport 6-0 away who were flying high on Saturday pre game.

Glovers' favouritism may work to our advantage.... it isn't unusual for a side getting a massive win not being able to back it up next game, I'm kind of hoping Yeovil don't have a boycott game midweek.  Take last season for instance, Yeovil shipped 8 at Luton opening day, which Luton backed up by losing 1-0 at Barnet.

After we beat Bury 8-0, we lost at home to Exeter, which still remains the only time they've won a league game at the CG in my near 60 years.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 17, 2018, 09:48:39 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #220 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:24:34 »

If any of you haven't seen the highlights of the Newport v Yeovil game, take 2 mins out of your day and watch them, OMG possibly THE worst keeping performance by any professional I have ever seen, makes RCC and Moore look like world beaters, I would hazard a guess that LM or Vigs would have both easily kept every one of these goals out of the net, number 6 is a doozy, the man should be drug tested or maybe he had a bet on the result.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/yeovil-town/11499331/newport-0-6-yeovil

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:25:26 »

I make it 10 in 29 including his last 11 with us.   Since the swap PB has 5 wins in 18, Flitcroft 4 wins in 18.  Flitcroft 9 draws and PB 8.  Both have lost 5.  So PB 2 points better off. Not a whole lot in it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #222 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:43:45 »

I make it 10 in 29 including his last 11 with us.   Since the swap PB has 5 wins in 18, Flitcroft 4 wins in 18.  Flitcroft 9 draws and PB 8.  Both have lost 5.  So PB 2 points better off. Not a whole lot in it
Flitcroft has only won 3 league games while manager at Mansfield from 21 games a win ratio of 16.6%.

PB has won 5 from 18 games a win ratio of 27.7%.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:55:05 »

Flitcroft has only won 3 league games while manager at Mansfield from 21 games a win ratio of 16.6%.

PB has won 5 from 18 games a win ratio of 27.7%.

Nah... you're wrong on Flitcroft.  Perhaps including cup games. 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #224 on: Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:58:47 »

Nah... you're wrong on Flitcroft.  Perhaps including cup games.  
I would still rather have PB than Flipflop under any circumstance, I know you won't ever agree but I and many others would.

If I did possibly add it up wrong PB still has a higher win ratio with us than Flipflop at the Stags.

One quote (among many that are disliking of him and his style) about Flipflop from the Stags forum, sums him up.

You could employ 99% of managers in the top 7 tiers and they would have a better win rate than Flitcroft thus far. Like him as a bloke, but completely incompetent as a manager.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:08:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: