Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bury official match day thread  (Read 37050 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 08:26:50 »

For all his tricks, Alzate didn't half faff at times which resulted in the ball being lost or good openings to release the ball to a reasonably positioned player was lost.

He played okay.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 08:29:56 »

Really don't think we can consider Romanski as a first choice option
This. Jo Ro needs a loan spell away to toughen up. Fully expected him to be at Bath/Chippenham etc by now. Given that Lancs & Conroy are both fucked, Robbo is shit & the current two are loanees then there is a real long term issue at CB!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 08:31:59 »

Hopefully that was just a one off very bad day at the office and not a sign of things to come.

Fast start from Bury and they kept the momentum throughout.
Always seemed to have 2 or 3 men around the ball and won all of the second balls.
On that evidence wouldn't be surprised to see them do well this season.

Their first goal. Taylor. Was the plan to keep backing off until he was in the Town End before thinking about making a challenge.

Our version of 433 doesn't seem to be working, as it's effectively one up front with two out wide who don't get close enough to be effective.
Might be worth switching to two up front, whether 442 or 352.
Doing the basics well, keeping it simple and managing to be less incompetent than everyone else seems to be the requirement for getting out of this division.

A crap day all round.
Even the half time challenge was piss poor.
Shocking finishing by contestant no 3.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:02:06 »

It's all been said.

Brown started with absolutely the wrong team.  Bury started like a train and should have won at a canter.  Mayor, Danns and O'Shea bossed midfield.

On the feigning injury issue, did anyone understand why, after a Bury player was booked for a late tackle in the first half, that the game recommenced with a Bury free kick?

Taylor.   https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1040969508050153477.  Moore in a fair amount of space and moving at speed on the penalty area after Nelson's missed tackle.  Would have taken a high class tackle or block not to give a penalty.  imo.  The odds were played and Moore correctly shepherded to the byline and an acute angle.

Shockers:  Iandolo, Dunne, Richards, Kevin Johnson (ref)

Below par:  to a greater or lesser extent, all of the rest bar McCormick
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:03:38 by RedRag » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:16:38 »

The thing that irks me is that Phil Brown must be aware that James Dunne is not exactly a terrace favourite so sticking him in a significantly different position is a lamb to the slaughter.

Even if he was well-liked, we watched Dunne willingly let his opponent glide by because he couldn't trust himself to put in a clean challenge. That's both damning and unacceptable. I am not a particular hater of James Dunne, I guess he'll forever remain a symbol of Flitcroft's mediocre era.

We have plenty of the components required to achieve promotion but Town are still self-sabotaging in vital areas. It needs addressing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:21:54 »

That's 4 CG  league wins in a row now for Bury.  I did wonder if that is some sort of record for my time of watching STFC. Hmmm

What's quite bizarre is that, between the last 2 they've only won something like 4 or 5 away games in 2 seasons.

Instinct told me that Ipswich could be a contender and they've also got a 4,  that is more undersatndable mind as it was that late 90's period when we eventually slipped out of Div 2 at the turn of the century.

That little trot was truly terrible, GD of F1 A 16  Smiley

Next up at the CG we've Oldham, and although we've often had problems with them in tne past they can only muster a 3.

So can anyone think of a club with more than 4 in a row at the CG since the 60's?
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 11:08:56 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:28:40 »

Taylor.   https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1040969508050153477.  Moore in a fair amount of space and moving at speed on the penalty area after Nelson's missed tackle.  Would have taken a high class tackle or block not to give a penalty.  imo.  The odds were played and Moore correctly shepherded to the byline and an acute angle.

First time I've seen that back.
Moore always looks in control of the situation and Taylor ends up on his backside at the moment an attempted block should be coming in.
Great strike though and the percentage play at this level would normally see that go out for a throw on the other side of the pitch.
Another Taylor from happier times would have sorted that out.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 10:56:12 »

Taylor did end up on his arse.   Certainly a very undignified end to what I have called his shepherding.

Moore could actually have squared it for McFazdean to stroke into an empty net. 

The whole defence was at sixes and sevens.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 11:42:03 »

Taylor did end up on his arse.   Certainly a very undignified end to what I have called his shepherding.

Moore could actually have squared it for McFazdean to stroke into an empty net. 

The whole defence was at sixes and sevens.

That's what I said.....big gamble came off as they swarmed all over us.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 12:37:42 »

For all his tricks, Alzate didn't half faff at times which resulted in the ball being lost or good openings to release the ball to a reasonably positioned player was lost.

He played okay.
I have been saying this after almost every game, Alzate is classy on the ball in the main, but his end product is no better than Anderson.

Alzate was wasteful and takes too many touches when a pass is better.

He has bags of promise, can run and dribble but his final pass only finds its man 50% of the time, he will improve and he obviously has talent, plays better when in a free role as playmaker.

And I agree, Romanski is not strong enough yet to play a starting role in the team, he needs a full season lower in the pyramid to find his feet, lots of potential though, I also agree that Iandolo looked good when he first hit the side but he has gone backwards in his development and for me he needs a loan away from the club or be moved on.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 12:39:44 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #205 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 14:24:31 »

I think you might be waiting a long time for Alzate to do much worthwhile on yesterday's showing.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 18:22:54 »

Next Saturday now becomes massive given the nature of Yeovil’s victory yesterday....can we avoid being on the end of a cricket score? You’d like to think PB will ensure we go there and shut up shop, a point would be huge but probably beyond our current lot based on yesterday’s showing. It’s vital we avoid another knock to our already fragile confidence as we all know it’s a slippery slope towards that FL trap door. Flitters got it right last year when we looked to be struggling...namely, back to basics and building from there. A further twist for next week is that Yeovil also have a Tory council...even more reason to want to avoid a hammering.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 18:26:48 »

The ‘Iandolo not yet ready for the first team’ comments. It’s his fourth, yes fourth season as a professional footballer at Swindon. Never has been good enough (despite some early promises) and to be frank, the available evidence suggests he never will be good enough.

It’s criminal that he is starting matches for us despite Brown’s supposed embarrassment of riches in midfield.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 18:33:53 »

Looking back on yesterday, I dont remember us getting a free kick even around the penalty area or even in the last third.  Guess it wouldn't have made any difference as Taylor would have claimed it and he hasn't exactly shone with dead ball situations this season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 19:04:52 »

Next Saturday now becomes massive given the nature of Yeovil’s victory yesterday....can we avoid being on the end of a cricket score? You’d like to think PB will ensure we go there and shut up shop, a point would be huge but probably beyond our current lot based on yesterday’s showing. It’s vital we avoid another knock to our already fragile confidence as we all know it’s a slippery slope towards that FL trap door. Flitters got it right last year when we looked to be struggling...namely, back to basics and building from there. A further twist for next week is that Yeovil also have a Tory council...even more reason to want to avoid a hammering.

Smiley

You'd like to think Sid Nelson will feel at home as he played for Yeovil last season when Flitters team beat them 2-1.... further you'd like to think that Sid's later experience with Spireites of the FL relegtion trap door, along with that of Jak McCourt and Steven Alzate at Orient, would motivate them not to repeat.

Of those currently down with the dead men, you'd expect Notts to climb out but Macc and Morecambe could very easily both be already booked in... after all we've managed to narrowly beat them both.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: