Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bury official match day thread  (Read 37065 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 17:07:55 »

I withdraw from starting the match day threads.  Roll Eyes

No

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 18:59:28 »

Just got back in from the boozer.

What happened? Any excuses, or were we just shit?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 19:01:40 »

Brown’s tinkering with the side cost us today. It was quite a sight to behold, really.

We were poor for the entirety of this sorry episode..
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 19:02:55 »

Maybe he was complacent?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 19:34:49 »

Really don't think we can consider Romanski as a first choice option

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 19:35:28 »

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that a 0/10 would have been generous for Dunne, I know he's not a RB but that was a shameful performance from him.  Put himself in a position whereby he couldn't make another challenge as he simply can't tackle and was a red card walking.  He was even worse with the ball than without.

Iandolo gave the ball away at every opportunity, not got anything against him really, he could still get better, but certainly today he wasn't good enough.

They were first to everything.

Was an insult of a performance, pathetic really.  Feel sorry for the CBs today, no chance at all.

Have to solve the RB problem while Knoyle is out, I think the only way around it is JMcL at WB with a 3 at the back.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 19:40:16 »

We were shit FH.  I usually have someone to blame but even though the ref was shit it wasn't his fault in anyway.  The Bury players played for time but I certainly wouldn't begrudge them their victory.  Just a really poor performance where we were lucky to have a sniff.  Frankly if our players tried to wipe their arses they would have missed today.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 19:54:58 »

We were shit FH. 

Well, that's jolly well nettlesome.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 21:06:01 »

Maybe he was complacent?

I thought this pre match. Starting with Iandolo, I think he potentially underestimated the Black Pudding Boys.

Btw, nettlesome - absolute wonderful word. I do enjoy ragamuffin and guttersnipe. They make me chuckle. I imagine with ragamuffin (in my mind) seeing a dog having it's way with a muffin. Would be quite a sight. However, a word which always stood out for me was borborygmus. It's quite pleasant to say due to it being fairly echomimetic.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 21:22:47 »

One of the most worrying aspects of today's performance for me was the complete lack of understanding between Richards & Adebayo. Although they weren't playing in a conventional two, they never seemed to be close enough to work off each other. On the rare occasions that either of them won the first ball the other was nowhere near enough to benefit from it. I'm not convinced by Adebayo in general yet. He's very easily muscled off the ball for a big lad, mistimes a lot of his jumps & doesn't seem to get into any decent goalscoring positions although to be fair the service was dreadful today. & I truly echo everybody's thoughts on Dunne. Complete & utter liability, irrespective of the fact he was playing out of position. The sooner him, Robertson & Lancashire are off the wage bill the better!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 23:41:59 »

Not much more to add. I know injuries/suspensions played their part, but came away from that feeling like Brown tried to be too clever. A lot of issues could have been avoided if Adebayo played up the middle and Richards stayed on the bench - give us an actual outlet up front to occasionally try and disrupt their back line

Don’t know what’s happened to Ian. When he first came through I was genuinely excited by him - looked technically adept with a good eye for a dangerous pass. He’s not pushed on though - if anything he’s regressed - and unless something drastic happens that’s probably it now for any real chance of a town career. How much of that is down to being shunted at left back last year I’m not sure

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 23:46:48 »

Going into Reg mode a little....

There was a time about ten years ago, when I we had a right back shortage in-season (I wanna say 2007/08) - Michael pook filled in for the last ten minutes and didn’t shit the bed. Public opinion then agreed he be an adequate role player, and the manager (malpas?) duly put him in for the next game.

The next game came about (I wanna say it was against Cheltenham, but that’s probably the memory playing tricks) with pook at right back, and the long awaited bed shitting began.

There are a hundred and one parralells that can be drawn with that scenario and that of James Dunne today. Inept at best in his favoured position, apparently making a career based on being able to run around a bit. Would figure his post-town career will also mirror that of Michael Pook

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 00:47:52 »

Going into Reg mode a little....

There was a time about ten years ago, when I we had a right back shortage in-season (I wanna say 2007/08) - Michael pook filled in for the last ten minutes and didn’t shit the bed. Public opinion then agreed he be an adequate role player, and the manager (malpas?) duly put him in for the next game.

The next game came about (I wanna say it was against Cheltenham, but that’s probably the memory playing tricks) with pook at right back, and the long awaited bed shitting began.

There are a hundred and one parralells that can be drawn with that scenario and that of James Dunne today. Inept at best in his favoured position, apparently making a career based on being able to run around a bit. Would figure his post-town career will also mirror that of Michael Pook

There are always occasions when needs must... like a Dave Mitchell or Jimmy Quinn playing centre half.  We haven't got a squad, which is hugely better than any other side in Div 4... so anything this season will be down to Brown's ability to get something out of the collective. On balance he's doing OK, but it won't take much for it to go pear shaped. Next up at Yeovil, on form you'd expect them to prevail.. perhaps the favouritism might work to our advantage
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 05:31:09 »

4 of that starting 11 should never have been playing - either nowhere near good enough or just too old in the tooth. Brown seems besotted with both Taylor and Richards but no matter how good they have both been, they, unfortunately no longer are.

Both have coaching duties and I’d suggest they concentrate on them. Whether we actually have anyone better to replace them is another matter.

But when you go from decent to turgid with the absence of a couple of players it shows up the paucity of Brown’s recruitment.

Did we really need Dave/Smith/McCourt all vying for one starting spot leaving us with no alternatives for either full back spots?

I know there’s not an infinite amount of budget to have2 players for every position but at least get adequate cover throughout the squad - not just over beef midfield.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, September 16, 2018, 08:22:00 »

I think that Brown made two big mistakes. One was playing Iandolo when there were other options, I groaned when he came out, and his weakness mainly contributed to a very poor start which we never recovered from.  Secondly Adebayo playing mostly on the wing, presumably on orders, leaving Richards isolated. He was out-muscled all game, and I think he's a lot better when he's in the centre with the option of going both ways with his speed. 

Only the goalkeeper, Nelson, Alzate and Wolfenden came out the game with any credit imo.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: