Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bury official match day thread  (Read 37059 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:45:03 »

To sum it up, Bury deserve their lead, we have been pretty poor, worst we have played all season so far.

LM made 2 great saves but could do nothing with the goal,  Taylor looks ok going forwards...which is rare, defensively very poor again.

Dunne is not a right back and looks like a fish out of water, made several woeful fouls.

Nelson and Woolf both look good at CB, can't really blame Woolf too much for the goal but if he was naturally left footed he may have got the tackle in.

McCourt has barely touched the ball but when he has his passes have been terrible.

Alzate is the best player on the pitch so far, looks eager but they can't get the ball to him.

Toums looks good since he came on for the totally useless Iandolo, sorry but hes not good enough.

McGlashan has showed some great touches but some awful ones so far but at least hes trying.

Bayo is the next best player on the pitch, looks eager so give him the ball!

Richards looks like he doesn't want to be there today, no effort, no control and no chances.

Changes must be made, Bury are a very average side but we are making them look good.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:46:35 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:46:59 »

Well, that half was as bad as Lincoln.

I would say that I haven't seen a performance as bad as Dunne's, but Iandolo was on the pitch for 29 minutes and was worse.  Taylor isn't far behind, and that is the problem for us - both wings are a mess and Bury are pressuring us in possession then overloading the wings in attack.

Keeper's been ok, Alzate on the edge of being ok, and apart from that it's been a desperate half.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:47:39 »

Agree with comments about Richards, he has offered nothing today and other than the assist at Morecambe he did nothing else then.

Be tempted to take him him off, stick adebayo up top and then anderson on the left/right with Mcglashen. We need Bayo up front, the ball does not stick up there with Richards.

Main weak links for me (other than Dunne) are Taylor and Richards, didn't think I'd be saying that after last year's performances.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:47:47 »

That’s got to be the most shockingly inept performance I’ve ever seen - worse than the worst shite served up by Flitcrioft or Luke Williams.

Getz Dunne off ffs or he’ll get sent off apart from being utter shite. What the fuck was Brown thinking putting this side out.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:47:54 »

I've got NEWPORT v Yeovil!

Same here. On holiday so able to watch this inept performance so far. Might I get any of my six euros back for lack of correct commentary which I’m sure has a green tick against when you pay for the match.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:48:17 »

The goal

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1040969508050153477

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:49:46 »

worst 45 I've seen in a long time. It's like they don't want to play, though it's probably just the changes that have knackered us.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:50:04 »

I'm here so do t know it's been covered, how did the bury player get a yellow card for a tackle, lie on the floor for a while and then get given a free kick. I may have missed something.  

And yes, we've been shit.  Fullbacks are bobbins.

Never knowingly overstated.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:50:09 »

Both central defenders have been ok in the main but they could have been and should have been responsible for us conceding a goal - they let Dagnall (I think) have an unchallenged header from a cross in our 6 yard box, neither of them within a yard and neither knowing who was supposed to be defending him.

Grrr, it's just been shit really.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:51:45 by RobertT » Logged
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:51:41 »

Looks  like we’ve been on the piss all week. Can barely find a red short with a pass on the rare occasion we have control of the ball. Nelson and McCormick the only couple that can escape criticism so far.

Brown should be giving them the roasting of their lives in that dressing room.

Adebayo on the wing is completely wasted. Needs to be through the middle with players running on to him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:53:21 »

Need to get Anderson on for Richards and Smith on for McCourt IMO.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:53:30 »

Same here. On holiday so able to watch this inept performance so far. Might I get any of my six euros back for lack of correct commentary which I’m sure has a green tick against when you pay for the match.

Good luck with that. I've sent them a chat message, but I'm talking to myself.  Angry

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #87 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:55:44 »

As I mentioned earlier I had the BBC Somerset audio, have turned it down, no chance of a refund, not ever, its been worse and they haven't made any refunds.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:56:03 »

Need to get Anderson on for Richards and Smith on for McCourt IMO.

I'd make the Anderson switch, but we have to get Dunne off somehow.  Risky, but I'd bring Romanski on and move Woolfenden over.  That or bring Smith on and move someone like McCourt over I guess.  Dunne is a liability - he wasn't great last season but this and Crawley seem to suggest his mind has gone to mush as well as having limited talent.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 14:56:49 »

Bury player waltzed through our defence to hit a high shot from 6 yards out.

Richards, Dunne and Iandolo all not at the races so far.

All Bury and well deserved lead.
Absolutely this  3 is too many passengers.  Now only 2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: