Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bury official match day thread  (Read 37063 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:50:50 »

Awful result. Whatever way you dress it up, Brown fucked up today. His starting line up was dreadful and his constant changing between formations did far more harm than good. Town are going nowhere this season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #151 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:51:57 »

Richards poor today, he won almost nothing all game.
McCourt really poor also.
Dunne looked like Dunne at his worst, terrible.
Taylor can't defend to save his life.
McCormick had another good game.
Alzate had a solid game.
Bayo had a goodish game.
Nelson played fine.
Woolfenden played fine.
Toums looked handy.
Iandolo should not play for us again for a while.
Anderson ran around with no end product.
Romanski looked ok, made a couple of silly passes that nearly cost us late on.

Bury not that good but we were worse.

Move on to the next game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:53:51 »

Well that was just awful.

Some things we should learn from today

a) Iandolo is not a professional footballer
b) Dunne should probably never play a League 2 level game of football again
c) Taylor needs to retire

Those three created the situation that unfolded around them as a result.  They put pressure on us, they created the situation where we went into panic mode too early and lost all structure/shape and any chance of really getting anything from that.  That was our Crawley/Barnet at home effort of last season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:55:26 »

Top work again PV

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:56:37 »

Fucking awful...got what we deserved.

Shit ref, the cherry on a shit cake....but he never cost us the game.

Clems Army!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:56:48 »

FT: Never looked up to in the first half. Went for in the 2nd and had a chance to kick on at 1-1. Yet we certainly missed Knoyle. Dunne is no RB, in an ideal world Woolf would have started at RB and gone as a three (which we went to in the end, albeit forced). Harsh on the CB pairing of Sid and Woolf because they and LM did everything they could. Playing at CB and FB, even with both Dunne and Taylor on the pitch. Even Woolf provided a 12 yd smasher. Should have built on that an we would have taken it to them. Bury exposed the stretched positional defence, it could have easily been 3 or 4 for Bury today if not for McCormicks reaction saves which kept us in it to a degree an flattered us.

Hard lines - I'm sure PB will take the blame but will feel hard done by, especially losing the reliable Doughty who was a surprise omission to many.

Shoulda. Woulda. Coulda.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 15:58:24 »

Applying some perspective though, we've looked handy in most games bar two.  We need to fix those player problems at some point, but hopefully the other 6 games are more of a yardstick than two "outliers".  I get Doughty missing created a late problem, Brown probably knows he has fucked up - by making the early sub, he has to be thinking he can rely on two professionals to do an adequate job at fullback though.  Dunne's little purple patch at the end of last season has unfortunately pulled the wool over Brown's eyes, and I would imagine he has given a good pro in Taylor the right to decide if he has it still, he doesn't.  You can carry one of them, not three - hopefully he realises this and we fix that in future.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:00:35 by RobertT » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:00:07 »

Well that hurt my eyes as much as the shitty sound hurt my ears. Result: crap iFollow + awful performance = savings ahead.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:07:15 »

To add salt to the wound, next weeks opponents win 6-0 away at Newport.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:07:34 »

Having one recognised Right Back in the squad is frankly pathetic. Dunne is NOT a right back, Romanski cannot be classed as one and we need Wolfendon to play Centre Back because we hardly have any of those either. Taylor is our creaking Left Back and we barely have any coverage there either.

Stupid red cards aside, the lack of decent back up in the squad is Brown’s fault. If Doughty is injured for any period of time we are seriously screwed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #160 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:15:51 »

Yes the major fault with PB this Summer has been his lack of recruitment.

As BO says we need cover at both LB and RB, we need another CB too if Lancashire is indeed crocked.

We need another striker too as Richards (so far) looks to be in his last season of playing. Yes we have Woolery to come back but who knows how long away he is from action.

We looked devoid of creativity in midfield without Doughty today, McCourt just had zero impact all game, Toums should have started and I think Smith would have been a far better option alongside of him.

Iandolo is nowhere near good enough and shouldn't have started.

Dunne is not and never will be a right back, way off the pace, loses track of the game, cannot tackle without leaving his foot in and can't cross a ball to save his life.

LB (1st team), CB (cover), RB (cover), Striker (cover depending on Woolery) but I guess thats tipping us over the budget scales.

I would think that even the U21's right back would do a better job than Dunne.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:20:49 »

Shots on goal -
Bury 14
Swindon 3

Shots on target -
Bury 8
Swindon 2

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:21:14 »

Yes the major fault with PB this Summer has been his lack of recruitment.

As BO says we need cover at both LB and RB, we need another CB too if Lancashire is indeed crocked.

We need another striker too as Richards (so far) looks to be in his last season of playing. Yes we have Woolery to come back but who knows how long away he is from action.

We looked devoid of creativity in midfield without Doughty today, McCourt just had zero impact all game, Toums should have started and I think Smith would have been a far better option alongside of him.

Iandolo is nowhere near good enough and shouldn't have started.

Dunne is not and never will be a right back, way off the pace, loses track of the game, cannot tackle without leaving his foot in and can't cross a ball to save his life.

LB (1st team), CB (cover), RB (cover), Striker (cover depending on Woolery) but I guess thats tipping us over the budget scales.

I would think that even the U21's right back would do a better job than Dunne.

Adebayo is the striker in form, he looked like a man possessed from the highlights at Morecambe. So why play him out wide against Bury, (a team devoid of away form) and put Richards up front, who hasn’t had any form whatsoever. Would it not make more sense to play Anderson wide and Bayo up front?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:21:38 »

Right that was terrible, from the first second to the last. It's hard to tell if Bury were half decent as we were so abject I think the u9s would have had a chance today. To only have 2/3 shots to their 15 or so tells the story.

Mccormick - did nothing wrong, made some good saves.

Dunne - woeful, useless. Should not be playing again. He is not good enough and at RB was a liability the whole time he was on.
Nelson/woolf- both played ok, I think they will be a good partnership. Because of FB issues they look very exposed.
Taylor - another weak link. Last year his lack of pace was balanced with his fantastic deliveries but this year he has not been good enough at all. Having only 2 fullbacks in the squad is a major fuck up.

Mccourt - poor today, gave the ball away and caught out of position too many times. Complete opposite of last Saturday.
Iandolo - needs a loan spell away, not good enough to be in first team at this time.
Alzate - has class, took too long to make the right passes today. Can't be one of the holding CM. End product needs to improve.

Mcglashen - ok in spells, pace did cause an issue at times.
Richards - poor again. Struggled to hold the ball up, easily beaten. Has done very little the last two games.
Bayo - not his best, still a handful though. Needs to play through the middle.

Toums - didn't look 100%, slightly off the pace.
Anderson - few good touches, him and Alzate link up nicely.
Romanski - did very well when he came on.

Until Knoyle is back I think we need to go 3 at the back, stick Bayo up top.

One to forget in all.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #164 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 16:23:50 »

Adebayo is the striker in form, he looked like a man possessed from the highlights at Morecambe. So why play him out wide against Bury, (a team devoid of away form) and put Richards up front, who hasn’t had any form whatsoever. Would it not make more sense to play Anderson wide and Bayo up front?
Most definately, poor starting line up by PB, unless we had injuries, the playing of Richards in the centre and Bayo wide was a major fault today though.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: