Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 106777 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 18:01:54 »

My analysis goes no further than this - When you follow a team year in, year out there are times (like 95-96 as RobertT alluded to) when you KNOW you have a good side. A top 3 finish is a realistic and reasonable expectation to have with this team and that's a good feeling, which I am enjoying very much.

Does anyone know though, exactly what the recall situation is with Doyle and Yates?  Those two really are the key to how the season pans out.

I agree, I had a nasty feeling ref the Williams season before a ball was kicked.

I do feel we might do something this season.

Clems Army!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 19:59:40 »

Does anyone know though, exactly what the recall situation is with Doyle and Yates?  Those two really are the key to how the season pans out.

According to Rotherham announcement they have a recall option in January. No idea about Doyle but certainly hope not, though they may need him off wage bill to stay in budget.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 06:39:49 »

According to Rotherham announcement they have a recall option in January. No idea about Doyle but certainly hope not, though they may need him off wage bill to stay in budget.
We really need to find a way of making Yates permanent in Jan then if at all possible - Perhaps Mr Morfuni can assist Hmmm ...the Doyle deal is a strange one - I always find it weird when a player goes on loan to another club in the same division, how can he be good enough for one team but not the other? (although I'm delighted we got him of course). This was even more weird given that he started their first 3 games. I can only assume that to all intents and purposes it was a permanent move which for some reason(s) suited both sides for it to be done as a loan for now...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 06:41:25 »

I think some loan deals can have a permanent signing option included.
Panda Paws

« Reply #334 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 06:57:18 »

Get something from Orient and then back-to-back home games and we could be flying by the time we head to Cambridge away. Or we could have lost all 3.

For now, we look good. It's fun. We look like scoring a hatful. We look like conceding regularly too.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 07:08:23 »

Top 7 minimum.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 08:25:14 »

We really need to find a way of making Yates permanent in Jan then if at all possible - Perhaps Mr Morfuni can assist Hmmm ...the Doyle deal is a strange one - I always find it weird when a player goes on loan to another club in the same division, how can he be good enough for one team but not the other? (although I'm delighted we got him of course). This was even more weird given that he started their first 3 games. I can only assume that to all intents and purposes it was a permanent move which for some reason(s) suited both sides for it to be done as a loan for now...

I imagine a lot of loan moves now are more about freeing up wages than the actual player themselves.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Bradford are stretched or wanted to free up his wages to maybe bring a striker on loan from a Premier League team or something.

Everyone of Yates’ goals have a touch of SSP about them.

Don’t want to go all Reg but so far it looks like our season might hinge on what happens with our two loan strikers
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #337 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:31:56 »

Everyone of Yates’ goals have a touch of SSP about them.
His goals do have an element of SSP about them but unfortunately hes nowhere near as good a player as SSP, his hold up play is not great and his passing and lay offs can be poor, he does run around and chase things down well and he does seem to be playing well with Doyle.

I think you are correct about the loan wages, its more to do with freeing wages than players needing to get away, certainly with players from L1 and L2 going out on loan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:28:30 »

His goals do have an element of SSP about them but unfortunately hes nowhere near as good a player as SSP, his hold up play is not great and his passing and lay offs can be poor, he does run around and chase things down well and he does seem to be playing well with Doyle.

I think you are correct about the loan wages, its more to do with freeing wages than players needing to get away, certainly with players from L1 and L2 going out on loan.
So if Doyle has - hypothetically of course - scored 20 by Christmas, are Bradford going to somehow find that money that they're currently unable to pay him, down the back of a director's sofa and recall him?

We really need to sign them both on perms - easier said then done I know.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #339 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:36:59 »

So if Doyle has - hypothetically of course - scored 20 by Christmas, are Bradford going to somehow find that money that they're currently unable to pay him, down the back of a director's sofa and recall him?

We really need to sign them both on perms - easier said then done I know.
Could be, we don't know enough of how the deal is structured but it could be possible. Although if he had scored 20 by Christmas then surely he would want to stay and complete the season as him and Wellens/Hunt go back years and get on really well, unlike Doyle and Bowyer who don't see eye to eye.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:02:13 »

Bradford fans really dislike Doyle and a few with common sense see he is a decent striker that was used in the wrong team/formation. I highly expect Bradford to recall him if he banging in the goals, at the very least to derail our season.

Think about it this way, if  we are 3rd and Bradford are between 7th and 3rd place in January. They will see all our goals coming from the player they can recall. They recall him and instantly we are down a proven goalscorer with no one seemingly able to come in and replace him. We will start dropping points due to not having enough goals in the side and bradford will see it as one less team to threaten them in the top 7. Very smart espionage there if that's what they do.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:06:52 »

Somebody really needs to find out if his deal includes an option to recall
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:08:13 »

Bradford fans really dislike Doyle and a few with common sense see he is a decent striker that was used in the wrong team/formation. I highly expect Bradford to recall him if he banging in the goals, at the very least to derail our season.

Think about it this way, if  we are 3rd and Bradford are between 7th and 3rd place in January. They will see all our goals coming from the player they can recall. They recall him and instantly we are down a proven goalscorer with no one seemingly able to come in and replace him. We will start dropping points due to not having enough goals in the side and bradford will see it as one less team to threaten them in the top 7. Very smart espionage there if that's what they do.

The classic example of this sort of thing was Dalglish buying Duncan Shearer.... although from our end, PdC so say wanting Cuntstubble was funny as fuck.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:47:06 »

Was just thinking of the Shearer thing - I think Dalglish even admitted to it in later years, or at least some one did even if it wasn't Dalglish himself.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:51:27 »

Somebody really needs to find out if his deal includes an option to recall
That's what I was trying to get at really - Was hoping Chang or some one else ITK would have an idea  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: