Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 106741 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 07:25:37 »

bbc

There's a prediction bit in today's Guardian.... we get in as a PO contender, mostly on the back of the hack having heard of Fryers.  More worrying for Saturday is that Scunny are reckoned top 3 material.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/29/league-two-2019-20-preview
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 07:29:36 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 07:50:09 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/30/league-two-2018-19-season-preview

Just for comparison here is their attempt from last year, showing Notts County tipped for promotion and Tranmere looking to avoid a relegation fight.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 07:53:54 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/30/league-two-2018-19-season-preview

Just for comparison here is their attempt from last year, showing Notts County tipped for promotion and Tranmere looking to avoid a relegation fight.

Ace.  Smiley

Not exactly a good argument for the hack knowing that much. 
Panda Paws

« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 08:30:14 »

General consensus is we'll finish between 6th and 10th unless something miraculous happens in the next 4 weeks transfer wise.
Flashheart

« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 08:33:20 »

Why does it have to be miraculous?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 08:37:19 »

General consensus is we'll finish between 6th and 10th unless something miraculous happens in the next 4 weeks transfer wise.

Has general consensus factored in the January transfer window? Or has that been abolished?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 08:59:11 »

2 previews, I haven't as yet listened to the podcast but in the other we are touted as finishing 3rd.

http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-ep91-league-two-2019-20-preview/

https://welovebetting.co.uk/wlb-season-preview-2019-20-league-two-team-verdicts/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 09:02:53 »

Prediction: See last year (top half, poss playoffs).

No idea about many of the players to be honest. Don't have enough goals in us for autos (IMO). That could change over the coming week(s).
Peter Venkman

« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 09:10:56 »

I think if we can indeed get in the 3 or 4 attacking options Wellens has spoke about then I think we can challenge for autos definately, as we are then just outside of the play offs for me 9th ish.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:14:10 »

First month of the season gone and it's looking pretty good.
Not been outplayed by anyone and could have maintained an unbeaten start if not for a poor decision.

We are 4 points up when compared to the equivalent games against the same opposition last year.

The overall play has been very good, bearing in mind that the team is still gelling.
That needs to be sustained and also look to see games out when taking the lead at places like Cheltenham and keep a clean sheet in games similar to yesterday.

Looking ahead to September hopefully we can go on an unbeaten run.

One thing that has been very noticeable is the reconnect between fans and team.
During the warm ups, the level of support during games and the appreciation shown afterwards.

Early days yet but signs of things moving "forwaaard" on and off the pitch.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:43:33 »

First month of the season gone and it's looking pretty good.
Not been outplayed by anyone and could have maintained an unbeaten start if not for a poor decision.

We are 4 points up when compared to the equivalent games against the same opposition last year.

The overall play has been very good, bearing in mind that the team is still gelling.
That needs to be sustained and also look to see games out when taking the lead at places like Cheltenham and keep a clean sheet in games similar to yesterday.

Looking ahead to September hopefully we can go on an unbeaten run.

During the warm ups, the level of support during games and the appreciation shown afterwards.

Early days yet but signs of things moving "forwaaard" on and off the pitch.

‘Looking ahead to September hopefully we can go on an unbeaten run.’

I did allude to the fixture list a short while ago, in as much I suggested we could go unbeaten all the way up to Cambs away. Maybe further with Lady Luck on our side. #invincibles, well except one.

« Last Edit: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 10:02:45 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:46:14 »

I think if we can indeed get in the 3 or 4 attacking options Wellens has spoke about then I think we can challenge for autos definately, as we are then just outside of the play offs for me 9th ish.

We've far more about us than a 9th prediction. Stay clear of injuries, and reverse the bad luck/calls. We will finish top 4 i'm confident.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #312 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:53:16 »

We've far more about us than a 9th prediction. Stay clear of injuries, and reverse the bad luck/calls. We will finish top 4 i'm confident.
We do, that was way back before the start of the season, I would think we will...or should make autos with a couple more signings before tomorrows deadline, without them I think we can still make play offs.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 11:20:19 »

Playoffs are doable.

autos I'm not so confident for the reasons.
1. squad is flimsy after first 13 or so
2. defence looks a bit shaky
3. Doyle and Yates can both score, but we look a bit reliant on them. They will go through sticky spells, plus prospect of January recall. not sure where else the goals are coming from..

1 may be addressed tomorrow
3. may not happen.

I'll put us in the 4-9 category, feeling strangely optimistic so I'll go 5th but we shouldn't rule out autos
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 11:36:30 »

Feels good, don't it. :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: