Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 107223 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #210 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 11:04:23 »

The way I see things at the moment is, we have a solid keeper and an excellent midfielder if Doughty stays. The rest of the team is almost a rebuild. we have no back line, no forwards,no wide men and no money. So its another season of frees and loans. That's been so successful over the recent years that I consider a mid uper mid finish as a result. I don't think Wellens will last that much longer, our form over the last few weeks is relagation fodder. A poor start next season could see him axed by october. Our next manager is already at the club and waiting in the wings.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 11:16:22 »

.....our form over the last few weeks is relagation fodder.
It's not though, is it? The last few weeks has seen us go unbeaten for 6 games before we lost the last 2. And losing the last 2 is understandable given that the players know they have nothing to play for.

I'd rather be in our position than Notts County's.

I've been impressed with Wellens so far. We'll see over the Summer, with his signings and his team for next season whether he is any good or not. I've more confidence in him than any of our recent managers since Di Canio.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 11:18:52 »

4/18 points  definitely is relagation form!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 11:20:53 »

Or Power’s ‘I’m outta here soon. Say what you like.’

Can’t see how Power could argue against what he’s said, though. It’s plain for all to see.

Fixing it is another matter - probably only attainable through success on the pitch.

It's always easier to break something down tahn build it back up.... and the scism at STFC has been happening for some years now.

It is an accumulation of small things, and similarly will only be restored by rebuilding those small things bit by bit.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 11:28:40 »

And 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats isn't. It depends how you choose to spin it......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 12:12:08 »

Our recent form although it has faltered in the last 2 games isn't that bad, yes most draws we really should have easily won.
DWWDDDDLL in the last 9 games 11 from 30 points gained but only losing twice.

Since Wellens arrives its been LWWWLDDDLWDWLWWLLDWWDDDDLL thats 9W 9D 8L which over a whole season would give us 72 points, enough to have made the play offs this season.

Phil Browns record in his 31 matches was 10W 11D 11L but we are playing much better attractive football now than under Brown.

TBH most of the draws under Brown we didn't actually look like winning, I would say the exact opposite is true under Wellens, we look like winning all the draws except for our forwards poor finishing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir red ken

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 12:30:19 »

if we draw or lose today and then make a bad start next seaon, then our form under wellens would warrent the sack.
Say a start of 2 draws 2 defeats and a win, following on from the above form, would be suffent.
As I said his replacement is already lined up PJ will step straight in.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 12:40:18 »

Wellens had a decent base to work from.

If, next season, he can replicate the performances of say Bury, Tranmere & M K away across a whole season with his own players then we will do very well.

I don't think many of the current squad will be rolling up for pre season.
With PJ on board it might be case of persuading players to bridge the north -  south divide as the main source of recruitment.

Welllens strikes me as a "live within 30 miles of the club" stickler, but I'm hoping that the regular encounters with Doughty waiting for London bound trains from northern outposts will continue next season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 12:42:19 »

if we draw or lose today and then make a bad start next seaon, then our form under wellens would warrent the sack.
But according to your bullshit conspiracy theory you still haven't backed up, that kind of form is actually the plan?
Sir red ken

« Reply #219 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 13:00:16 »

But according to your bullshit conspiracy theory you still haven't backed up, that kind of form is actually the plan?
WTF
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 13:05:06 »

WTF

If we get near the playoffs games will be thrown to ensure we stay in div 2
Repeatedly asked you to back this up and I'll ask again.
Flashheart

« Reply #221 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 13:54:56 »

Repeatedly asked you to back this up and I'll ask again.

I think he spouts so much shite that he forgets what shite he's spouted.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 13:56:58 »

Filed in the drawer labelled 80% Bollocks.
Sir red ken

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 13:57:43 »

Sorry what was the question again?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 15:05:22 »

How can Wellens warrant the sack when he has had to work with (predominantly) a pile of shit.  The few players he brought in have been positive.  He managed to get a tune out of that pile of shit for a fairly sustained period that tailed off towards the end.

Huh?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: