Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 8091 times)
singingiiiffy

+12/-8

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 21:49:34 »

January, unless we go on a blinding run, could be another 8 to 10 defeats, and or draws away. If we're not close to playoffs who's going to sign for us just to be involved in a relegation battle? Will the solution be more non league, non fee unpolished turds. What a bad position we find ourselves in, unless we start getting back to back wins and that's not happended for ages. With the benefit of hindsight I can safely say that every season we start with a team which is worse than the last. Difficult times and dark days for STFC, where's our saviour when we need one!

I still can't say that this team is worse than last (obviously points reflect that though), keepers, centre backs and centre midfields have significantly improved. just hasn't come together and the lack of a goal scoring highlights the rest of the teams flaws.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+110/-435

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 22:08:19 »

I still can't say that this team is worse than last (obviously points reflect that though), keepers, centre backs and centre midfields have significantly improved. just hasn't come together and the lack of a goal scoring highlights the rest of the teams flaws.

Not only did we lose Norris and Mullin and replace them with a loan kid, but also Matt Preston, who although we offered to, was always going to sign for Mansfield.  Is it a coincidence they've the best defensive record in Div 4 ?  We replaced Preston with Nelson, again on loan, not a bad player but not as good atm.

The defence isn't that much worse, our 22 conceded plays last season's 20 after 17 games, but the 19 scored against 26, tells you all you need to know...... further that is the fewest for any Div 4 campaign at the same stage

We are better in midfield, however Brown punted on the Dia/Doughty axis and it just hasn't worked out due to injury and suspension.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: