Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 106739 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 10:51:37 »

Doesn't really indicate a whole lot, other than B and HA think he might make a player, and not much to lose if he doesn't.

Chelsea have 40 players on loan, and an U 21 side of players there who could win 4-0 at the CG.... more or less none of these will play for the first team, but they may make a few bob out of selling them, Patrick Bamford style, on the back of the loans.

Soton extended Jordan Turnbull's contract when he was with us, then soon afterwards moved him out.

I don't disagree with you at all. Premier league sides have the resources to work like that unfortunately. Hopefully there will be a change of rules to limit that.

What is good to see is talented English players getting a chance in Germany. Reese Nelson and Jadon Sancho tearing up the Bundesliga. Closer to home Loftus-Cheek finally looks to be given a chance at Chelsea and Morgan Gibbs-White at Wolves looks a talent as well. I'm sure there are others but the future looks bright for England at last.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 11:59:13 »

I don't disagree with you at all. Premier league sides have the resources to work like that unfortunately. Hopefully there will be a change of rules to limit that.

What is good to see is talented English players getting a chance in Germany. Reese Nelson and Jadon Sancho tearing up the Bundesliga. Closer to home Loftus-Cheek finally looks to be given a chance at Chelsea and Morgan Gibbs-White at Wolves looks a talent as well. I'm sure there are others but the future looks bright for England at last.

I suppose Brexit will close off that route for young English players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 12:51:01 »

Who the hell knows. Its a risk.
Sir red ken

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 14:44:56 »

It could close off non Uk players coming here as well. Then perhaps our youngsters won't need to ply their trade in the bunglers league.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 17:34:18 »

Might have stopped Vigs going to Waterford
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 18:20:20 »

Might have stopped Vigs going to Waterford

Although there has been free movement between UK and RoI since the 1920's, you do wonder if it can carry on post Brexit.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 18:44:55 »

Hopefully our final away game won't be a who retains their league status shootout.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 18:52:34 »

Hopefully our final away game won't be a who retains their league status shootout.

That doesn't bear thinking about....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 19:25:02 »

Although there has been free movement between UK and RoI since the 1920's, you do wonder if it can carry on post Brexit.

How can it?  I assume at a Passport/Nationality level maybe, but you can't retain an open border without undermining the entire point, otherwise those pesky Polaks will keep flooding in to take your jobs while also sponging off of the benefits.
Sir red ken

« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 20:38:44 »

That doesn't bear thinking about....
We might come back to your post at the end of January. By then we may start thinking about it!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 21:37:09 »

Why not? If it did before why shouldn’t it or wouldn’t it again?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 21:55:17 »

We might come back to your post at the end of January. By then we may start thinking about it!

Oldham got their point at Meadow Lane to drop us down to 17th.... our lowest position after a significant amount of games since finishing 17th in 83/84, however the Beamish side only dropped there after te final round of games previously spending most of the seasona bit higher.

Does keep a nice gap to Notts mind, so not all bad.... further Flitcroft's boys again did us a favour by beating Grimsby and so moving into the PO positions.  Grimsby will most likely be one of those who we won't be able to afford a repeat of last season if we are to stay up.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 06:46:57 »

At risk of bringing politics into this thread, I very much doubt FoM is going to end at all.

https://news.sky.com/story/eu-free-movement-to-continue-under-no-deal-brexit-minister-suggests-11545699
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 21:12:33 »

it may be early but iv pretty much written off this season already in terms of expectations.

Compared to last season we are the same if not stronger in all areas of the pitch except up top. All flitcrofts team needed was cb's and a decent keeper which we now have decent competition for.

Should have kept Mullin personally, in hindsight you could say we should have kept Norris but it was a case of it just wasn't going to work and sensible to cash in, that cash however should have gone back on a striker. Seems like we took a gamble on a loan striker, an old experienced striker on a goal drought and a hit and miss Woolery to get us promoted.

The one tiny bit of hope is to get to january and not be too far behind
Sir red ken

« Reply #149 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 21:23:05 »

it may be early but iv pretty much written off this season already in terms of expectations.

Compared to last season we are the same if not stronger in all areas of the pitch except up top. All flitcrofts team needed was cb's and a decent keeper which we now have decent competition for.

Should have kept Mullin personally, in hindsight you could say we should have kept Norris but it was a case of it just wasn't going to work and sensible to cash in, that cash however should have gone back on a striker. Seems like we took a gamble on a loan striker, an old experienced striker on a goal drought and a hit and miss Woolery to get us promoted.

The one tiny bit of hope is to get to january and not be too far behind
January, unless we go on a blinding run, could be another 8 to 10 defeats, and or draws away. If we're not close to playoffs who's going to sign for us just to be involved in a relegation battle? Will the solution be more non league, non fee unpolished turds. What a bad position we find ourselves in, unless we start getting back to back wins and that's not happended for ages. With the benefit of hindsight I can safely say that every season we start with a team which is worse than the last. Difficult times and dark days for STFC, where's our saviour when we need one!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: