Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 106735 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 16:57:04 »

His crap stats with Crystal Palace are not justification for his appointment.
Quite the opposite.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 17:18:53 »

Not got an issue with quality. Hell, I did 42 games in the Iffy relegation season. That team was dross but for the most part at least they tried. I can take being beaten by better teams.

It was the Wilson/Hart relegation season that destroyed me as a fan. That team was decent but the attitude was all wrong.
When we finally got rid of Wilson (too late imo) we needed a managed to galvanise the players & make them realise they were in a proper fight.

We appointed Paul fucking Hart, quite literally one of the worst managers of all time the exact opposite of what we needed.

I still can’t understand why we did that. What it was about Hart that appealed to those in charge. Again, quite literally anyone else in the entire universe would have been a better choice.

Each to their own but it appears to be a bit lame that you don't go anymore because we appointed Paul Hart.

You sound like the sort of person that doesn't speak to your mum anymore after she bought you crap shoes as a 7 year old.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 17:41:24 »

Each to their own but it appears to be a bit lame that you don't go anymore because we appointed Paul Hart.

You sound like the sort of person that doesn't speak to your mum anymore after she bought you crap shoes as a 7 year old.

I wish I didn’t speak to my Mum anymore. Having just produced her first grandchild I can’t go a day without seeing her!!

I didn’t stop going because we appointments Paul Hart, but that was the tipping point on the end of that season which began my melancholic feelings towards the Town.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 17:49:14 »

I wish I didn’t speak to my Mum anymore. Having just produced her first grandchild I can’t go a day without seeing her!!

I didn’t stop going because we appointments Paul Hart, but that was the tipping point on the end of that season which began my melancholic feelings towards the Town.

Congratulations on the grandchild production. Maybe therein lies the answer.

Go to the match to avoid speaking to mum (for a few hours at least) Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 17:50:02 »

Is that why VD is so vehement in his anti Hart stance.... to me he was a short term firefighter, brought in because he'd kept Palace up the previous season, and failed with us.  Disapponting but really no more than that, the reasons for our demise had been in motion for a while before Hart

I still have a smile when I see Calvin Andrew getting the odd goal for Rochdale... Hart obviously knew him from Palace and he looked terrible, but he's had a career as a sort of occasional goalscorer, and is probably regarded fondly at Rochdale.  Scored the winner at Cov ealrier this month, his first of the season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 18:13:29 »

I don’t blame Hart for our demise. As you said it started well before that.

His appointment was still stupid and he was completely the wrong man for the job.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 18:15:54 »

Congratulations on the grandchild production. Maybe therein lies the answer.

Go to the match to avoid speaking to mum (for a few hours at least) Smiley

Meeting my now wife 5 years ago and working till 7am Saturday morning and playing football Saturday all contributed.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 21:16:05 »

Is that why VD is so vehement in his anti Hart stance.... to me he was a short term firefighter, brought in because he'd kept Palace up the previous season, and failed with us.  Disapponting but really no more than that, the reasons for our demise had been in motion for a while before Hart

I still have a smile when I see Calvin Andrew getting the odd goal for Rochdale... Hart obviously knew him from Palace and he looked terrible, but he's had a career as a sort of occasional goalscorer, and is probably regarded fondly at Rochdale.  Scored the winner at Cov ealrier this month, his Only of the season

I'm confident in that prediction. Not Audrey getting a hitler tache confident, but confident.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 14, 2018, 00:17:27 »

I'm confident in that prediction. Not Audrey getting a hitler tache confident, but confident.

Smiley Let's see, I reckon Calvin is good for another couple. interestingly he's made more apperances off the bench, than starts, in a career boasting over 300 games for 30 odd goals
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 14, 2018, 10:16:11 »

Loans started in the early 70's our first being Paull Walker from Wolves he got 2 starts and 3 sub appearances. Right from the off a manager could get in a decent loan or a shit loan, which still holds true today. Over the 45 years of their use, far more have been miss than hit.

You mention PdC and Wes, however he did sign  a further 9..... including some right stumers, Daniel Boateng, Jonathan Tehoue, Ahmed Abdulla, Christian Montano, Ronan Murray.... others like Jake Jervis and Liam Ridehalgh were semi OK, and I think we'd have all been happy to have signed John Bostock and Lee Holmes permanently.

Frequent loans represented a particularly sensible approach under Di Canio because if one of them stepped out of line they could immediately be sent ‘home’, without us needing to pay off an extortionate contract.

It can hardly be said that his regular use of the loan market resulted in failure.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 17:08:56 »

On the basis of today's evidence, we're still a long way off shaping up into a functional match winning unit.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 17:15:39 »

On the basis of today's evidence, we're still a long way off shaping up into a functional match winning unit.

You're a fucker, you've been waiting to put this. Had we beat Bury you'd say "Well it was only Bury and to be expected, it wasn't a true test of whether we can mix it with the big boys..."

or similar.

Mods, change his name to Trolly McTrollface  Wink (You know I'm jesting Regina)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 17:22:38 »

You're a fucker, you've been waiting to put this. Had we beat Bury you'd say "Well it was only Bury and to be expected, it wasn't a true test of whether we can mix it with the big boys..."

or similar.

No, had we won convincingly, I'd have said a good sign that we're making progress...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 17:25:01 »

No, had we won convincingly, I'd have said a good sign that we're making progress...

Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, September 15, 2018, 18:57:56 »

or similar.

This mod wishes that others would just follow my lead...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: