Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 4387 times)
Batch
Thingie

+111/-46

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 14:57:29 »

I still think the Play Offs by season end.  Our worst, Lincoln aside, has been narrow losses, our best was a convincing win -

I'm still at a loss whether to describe our late wins as lucky, or our inability to score before the 90th minute as unlucky. On balance I think they were deserved, but I've still no idea which side of the watershed we'll come down on as the season progresses. Probably both
bamboonoshoe

+71/-155

Chief Feather Ruffler

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 15:32:11 »

Of course, all seasons are different, but with some similarities discernible.  Namely you play 46 games 23 at home on the same pitch etc.

In the league winning seasons, Macari and PdC and were able to significantly strengthen when necessary.... not a luxury that will be available to PB. (Unless something very strange happens)

Yeah, I feel our home form is better (I think stats back that up) than it was under Flitcroft to date. Can't deny he seemed to have a "nak" of finding a way to win away. However we haven't been overtly shit away. The standard of football is better and we are becoming harder to beat. It's like we've sorted the defence out (largely) and midfield, maybe PB was trying to get in a striker but those links have petered...for now. We certainly (as RobT says) have to get through the next three months and see where we are at. I'm sure if we aren't in a play-off spot or higher then it will be addressed in January (Power paid reportedly 350k for Woolery, so he does pay for a player). Well we'd hope. Sending Romanski, Will Henry, Twine and possibly Smith on loan would free up some wages to bring in two? We may even see a couple leave by mutual consent (Robbo & Is RCC still on our books or not?), possibly a retiree? I feel we are nearly there. The right shuffling of the squad and two more in the positions mentioned and we could be up there.

Anyway, nicely measured post Reg Smiley

COYR WAPBRAWA COYR
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+106/-418

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 15:59:33 »

Yeah, I feel our home form is better (I think stats back that up) than it was under Flitcroft to date.

It is, but a significant stat might be that at no stage under Flitcroft, did we draw back to back blanks in the goals for column. That didn't happen last season until the antepenultimate and penultimate games under Brown namely Grimsby (h) and ColU (a)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: