Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do you think we are shaping up?  (Read 106748 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 09:01:00 »

From memory, PDC had about 4-4.5m. If Flitcroft fails to get them up on 5M (assuming it is 5M), then it's quite damning for him.

I would imagine taking account of inflation and the hyper inflation which has infected football probably both figures are broadly similar?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 09:44:00 »

What was Flitcrofts budget here?

Where has his Mansfield budget been made public?
According to Power - Flitcrofts budget was top 3 and said to be around £4m to £4.5m in his interviews which he does pre game almost every Saturday.

Mansfields budget is all over their forum and other forums in our league and is apparently common knowledge so it must have been made public and is said to be £6m per season this season.

You could argue that how does the "average fan" know well that appears to come from interviews such as Power does where they spill the beans on budgets, do I trust forums? no, do I trust Power and other managers/chairmen? well I do but many people obviously don't.

Many times these "budgets" are out in the public domain from the mouths of other managers who are jealous of the size of competing managers budgets, Cooper has been good at that in the past when he said his budget this season was not as high as Mansfield or Lincoln, when you see that Doidge is being paid in excess of £10k per week then what the hell are theirs?

Nottm Forest have said that Mansfield are covering Walkers full wages for the term of the loan which last year were in their accounts at £7.5k pw and Danny Rose turned down a move to Peterborough in August because Posh were not willing to match his £5k pw wages.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 10:09:20 »

As for Mansfield and Flitcroft, an interesting thread here from their fans....

Caretaker manager for play-offs

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35654&sid=d90ab06a6509000f5ff8b113a62540ae

Yet again he has upset the fans of the team he manages, I especially like..

Keith Hill, John Dempster anybody rather than this negative raspberry.

Usually I would say this is a crazy idea. But the team selection and performance today is a sackable offence alone.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 10:37:29 »

You have now fallen foul of the copy, paste & punctuation police. Now known as the CPPP. Closely aligned to the Stasi type secret organisation. Expect at a minimum some dogs abuse, at worst never seeing your family again.

I claim Diplomatic Impunity Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 11:16:47 »

I claim Diplomatic Impunity Smiley
It's just been revoked.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:11:04 »

The article in the Adver states our budget will be between £2m and £2.5m apparently, and that is way down on what Flipflop had at his disposal yet he still failed and fled the scene of the crime as soon as the going got a little rough.

I hope we are playing Mansfield next season and that he is not backed financially as heavily by them next season (£5m+ this term) as they finally see he is a failure.

Without Walkers goals this term they would be down where we are in the table, the same goes for Tranmere with Norwood and Bury with Maynard and Agard and Aneke at MKD, 4 average teams at best with a good goalscorer in the side who score 20+ and that is the difference between drawing games and grabbing that winning goal.

Wellens was bemoaning a high scoring striker on Saturday pre game so he agrees we need that for next season and he is obviously right.

If Wellens can get that one (or more) striker who will score 20+ next season mixed in with the rest of the teams goals we will get promoted.

You do stick with it.... even if the evidence is against.  So quickly on the budget thing... 17/18 our budget was reckoned about 7th.. when DF left we were 7th so about par.

We've had 3 promotions from Div 4 including 2 titles.... no player has scored 20+ goals let alone 2. Only one player, Rideout has scored 20 in Div 4... we didn't go up.  In fact I can't think of any season in my time where we've had 2, 20+ league goal scorers.

The last time we had an out an and out 20+ man in 15/16, it was sufficient to keep us up... but not when NA returned on loan the following year.

What is required is for what might be termed the front 3, to improve their strike rates.... so Keshi, Kaiyne and a combo of Bayo/Theo got 22 between them... Keshi 4, Kaiyne 6, B/T 12.  If K and K could get up to 8 and 10, whoever is the front man/men say 15/16, an extra dozen goals could do the job, if scored in key games.

Your grabbing key goals thing is valid....  this season had the extra dozen been scored in turning draws to wins... we win the league.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:26:33 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:15:21 »

Paynter & Austin must have got 20 each
Mooney & Parkin couldn’t have been far off
Peter Venkman

« Reply #262 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:18:55 »

You do stick with it.
Yes I do.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:30:47 »

Paynter & Austin must have got 20 each
Mooney & Parkin couldn’t have been far off

They didn't...  goals scored in PO's don't count as regular season but a stand alone thing.

Being close is not the same as doing it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #264 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:35:03 »

You do stick with it.... even if the evidence is against.  So quickly on the budget thing... 17/18 our budget was reckoned about 7th.. when DF left we were 7th so about par.

We've had 3 promotions from Div 4 including 2 titles.... no player has scored 20+ goals let alone 2. Only one player, Rideout has scored 20 in Div 4... we didn't go up.  In fact I can't think of any season in my time where we've had 2, 20+ league goal scorers.

The last time we had an out an and out 20+ man in 15/16, it was sufficient to keep us up... but not when NA returned on loan the following year.

What is required is for what might be termed the front 3, to improve their strike rates.... so Keshi, Kaiyne and a combo of Bayo/Theo got 22 between them... Keshi 4, Kaiyne 6, B/T 12.  If K and K could get up to 8 and 10, whoever is the front man/men say 15/16, an extra dozen goals could do the job, if scored in key games.

Your grabbing key goals thing is valid....  this season had the extra dozen been scored in turning draws to wins... we win the league.
So even when the manager...you know...the one who picks the players says "we need a 20 goal striker", you as a fan say "no we don't"? Hmmm

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:43:03 »

They didn't...  goals scored in PO's don't count as regular season but a stand alone thing.

Being close is not the same as doing it.

Whilst you are technically correct with your statement of two players scoring 20+

Paynter got 26 & Austin got 20
Parkin got 20 & Mooney got 19

Probably as close as you can get without going over 20

Debatable whether you can / should include Austin play off goal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:52:33 »

So even when the manager...you know...the one who picks the players says "we need a 20 goal striker", you as a fan say "no we don't"? Hmmm

I take it to mean we need decent front man who'll score you some goals, as well as the link play.   You only need to look at  85/86, pissed the league with a record points haul... front man Colin Gordon got 16, 4 of which were pens.

Everybody wants one of these... right through from CL sides like Spurs, down to us.  An established player is top end in terms of value, and that includes any non league or Div 4 standard... so someone like Stockley went for close on a mill.

Not an option for us... so it will be a Richards style veteran or a punt... and then hope to get lucky. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:56:21 »

Whilst you are technically correct with your statement of two players scoring 20+

Paynter got 26 & Austin got 20
Parkin got 20 & Mooney got 19

Probably as close as you can get without going over 20

Debatable whether you can / should include Austin play off goal.

You include PO goals in PO stats... not in regulation league stats.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #268 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:57:27 »

I take it to mean we need decent front man who'll score you some goals, as well as the link play.    
But thats not what HE said in the interview, Wellens stated he wants a 20 goals a season striker and lamented that we don't have one. He also said that most sides who do well have at least one, yet you still say we don't ever need one.

Of course teams can do well without one, thats obvious, but what he and I am saying is that we would be far better off in the league if we had one.

You are saying that you don't want a striker who can hit 20 goals a season? then you must want us to fail all the time?

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:59:51 by Peter Venkman » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 10:58:34 »

I take it to mean we need decent front man who'll score you some goals, as well as the link play.   You only need to look at  85/86, pissed the league with a record points haul... front man Colin Gordon got 16, 4 of which were pens.

Everybody wants one of these... right through from CL sides like Spurs, down to us.  An established player is top end in terms of value, and that includes any non league or Div 4 standard... so someone like Stockley went for close on a mill.

Not an option for us... so it will be a Richards style veteran or a punt... and then hope to get lucky. 
But how is that any different for any other basement club. Stockley, Doidge, Norwood all fall into the ‘get lucky’ category.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: