Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 34486 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 16:19:52 »

PB comments...

Talks about Lancs and having to drop him, replaced by Woolf. Knows he's struggling with injury. Heartbreakng to have to drop him but then goes onto say...
Delighted for two young CBs and the clean sheet.
Takes the blame for Knoyle's red as he's been pressuring him to tackle a little harder.
World class save from McCormick. If McCormick continues form Vigs will have to work hard to get in the squad again. Clean sheet mentality.
Had massive respect for Jim Bentley's side. So knew was a dangerous place to come.
Talks about 2nd loan syndrome with Adebayo. Says he has the touch like Peter Crouch (aka everything sticks).
Jak McCourt, a combative midfield. Bought him in to cause him a selection headache. That's lessoned now after the red.

There was no talk about any incomings although Mr. Talking Hawes didn't pose the question.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 16:21:14 »

Got the job done, which is good.

Now got Dunne and Toumani back, so presumably Dunne might do right back.... do we have anybody else?

However, all thses suspensions, international call ups, and injuries don't help continuity and finding a settled winning side.

Does make use of the squad though, so I suppose this early in the season it's not such a bad thing.

There's that away win which we discussed the other day.

Imperative.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 16:26:46 »

Matt Taylor comments...

We dont make it easy for ourselves.
Great to get clean sheet.
Pleasing result. Away win and mentions clean sheet again.
Happy dressing room, especially with a young defence.
Admits Knoyle was wrong as there was no danger. Certain red.
Thanks fans and happy they can go home with something.
Praises Luke McCormick with some great saves.
Says we showed great desire and organisation. Probably most pleasing win of the season so far.
It's important to encourage the young players, giving out information and supporting their progress. Talks well of the young players here in their application and attitude. He's see's it as his responsibility to be part of ensuring that continues.

Came across really well in his post match.

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 16:34:01 »

Looks like we’re building something here. Sure, we’ve still got issues in defence, but going forward we’ve got goals in us. We look very slick at times.

Still reckon we’ll be top come October!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 16:45:38 »

Looks like we’re building something here. Sure, we’ve still got issues in defence, but going forward we’ve got goals in us. We look very slick at times.

Still reckon we’ll be top come October!

Well we're in the play-offs and we're moaning so normal service there  Cheesy 4pts off top.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 16:46:32 »

Will Henry won't be going back to Chippenham, so I wonder where he'll be sent when Vigs is back?

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 16:59:09 »

Got the job done, which is good.

Now got Dunne and Toumani back, so presumably Dunne might do right back.... do we have anybody else?

However, all thses suspensions, international call ups, and injuries don't help continuity and finding a settled winning side.

Does make use of the squad though, so I suppose this early in the season it's not such a bad thing.

Woolfenden played well there today and has played there before joining us, even if not where he wants to play it is a good option.  Dunne was lined-up by Brown as the back-up as well, so I'd say we have options.  We will also have a full midfield to choose from, so not like Dunne was going to be needed in there either.  Woollery coming back from injury.  Vigs has a more than adequate replacement, regardless of views on the person.  I don't see much evidence of this "unsettling" us.  Quite the opposite, seems to be showing a squad that has some belief in each other and capable of absorbing some blows.

I wouldn't be surprised for us to finish roughly where we are right now come the end of the season.  The defence, while improved, still looks like it will offer up a chance, enough of them to keep us from being right at the top.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 17:16:20 »

Woolfenden played well there today and has played there before joining us, even if not where he wants to play it is a good option.  Dunne was lined-up by Brown as the back-up as well, so I'd say we have options.  We will also have a full midfield to choose from, so not like Dunne was going to be needed in there either.  Woollery coming back from injury.  Vigs has a more than adequate replacement, regardless of views on the person.  I don't see much evidence of this "unsettling" us.  Quite the opposite, seems to be showing a squad that has some belief in each other and capable of absorbing some blows.

I wouldn't be surprised for us to finish roughly where we are right now come the end of the season.  The defence, while improved, still looks like it will offer up a chance, enough of them to keep us from being right at the top.

Interesting that Wolfenden can cover RB, as I don't fancy Dunne in there.... too likely to get a red.

At this stage of the season you're looking to find the best combinations within the squad, and then sticking out that side as often as possible.  At the moment we're not anywhere near that.... what we have got is some tentative evidence that there could be some signs of potential.  So for example, before the start of the season Toumani was regard as likely to be a key player, he's yet to play 90 mins in total.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 17:37:37 »

Great to see us play with desire, organisation and keep the ball on the deck

We were all over the place at the end of the first half but whatever Brown said at half time worked as we were really composed second half. Shame Bayo & McGlashan missed 1 on 1s but fair play to the keeper, he closed the angles superbly.

Woolfenden looked much better at RB. Struggled initially against Anthony Joshua up front for them

Nelson and Adebayo both superb, but great commitment from everyone

Leitch-Smith was excellent for them first half - brilliant movement - but faded second half and with it Morecambe did too, before it got a bit backs to the wall in injury time

Only criticism is why we don’t have a proper left back at all in the squad..
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 18:35:49 »

Three points, clean sheet. Job done. Another 65 for play offs and 38 for safety current form gives us 78 points.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 20:42:19 »

Interesting that Wolfenden can cover RB, as I don't fancy Dunne in there.... too likely to get a red.

At this stage of the season you're looking to find the best combinations within the squad, and then sticking out that side as often as possible.  At the moment we're not anywhere near that.... what we have got is some tentative evidence that there could be some signs of potential.  So for example, before the start of the season Toumani was regard as likely to be a key player, he's yet to play 90 mins in total.
Just calm the fuck down Reg, you happy clapper...  Wink
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 21:12:28 »

I think we've put together a squad that is better than many have given us credit for. Yes we possibly lack in a couple of positions but at least the players seem to work hard for each other. Many (not so much on here) thought we should be going down the Notts County route of experienced 'names'. Well that's working out well for them isn't it and just shows how daft a lot of the hysteria on FB especially is.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 21:45:26 »

I think we've put together a squad that is better than many have given us credit for. Yes we possibly lack in a couple of positions but at least the players seem to work hard for each other. Many (not so much on here) thought we should be going down the Notts County route of experienced 'names'. Well that's working out well for them isn't it and just shows how daft a lot of the hysteria on FB especially is.

FB on the whole is generally full of dickheads tbh.

'Incessant Nonsense'

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 23:29:17 »

Enjoyed that again today, we have a few weak links atm but i think we will get better.

Loan lads looked good, really like Nelson and Adabeyo.

Mccormick very assured and felt confident he would catch everything (makes a change to last year!!!)

Be nice to have a comfortable win with no injuries/red cards though!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 01:53:35 »

I know there are ethical issues and Vigs can be an idiot, but the keeper situation last season was a complete farce - how did we get ourselves into the position of having two keepers on our books that should not be playing league football?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: