Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 34455 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 09:51:02 »

Only times I've stayed in Lancaster (apart from sleeping on my son's floor when he was at the University) was the Travelodge. Decent room, good location, but fuck me it was noisy!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 09:54:16 »

5 defeats in 7. Terrible start.
It's truly a great time to be working in Kidlington (just north of Oxford). The glum faces on a Monday morning are a delightful way to start the week Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #137 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 09:55:59 »

So, after the win, does Brown keep the same side v Bury?

I presume Dave will get a run out tomorrow against Newport - will he come in for McCourt?

I like Smith but he seems to like a flashy long pass which rarely finds its target. McCourt played it very simply on Saturday and played the ball to Richards who fed Adebayo for the goal - and got stuck in without getting a red!

Will he keep Wolfie at RB or move him back to CB? If so, who’ll get the RB slot?

I think now that the only player we’ll struggle to replace if out injured is Adebayo.

Interesting one for sure - for the first time in a while we seem to have good selections headaches.

Does Vigs come back in?

What do we do at RB?

Dave or McCourt or Smith?

Move Adebayo up front and JMc wide in place of Richards?

Personally, PB has said all along he believes in people keeping shirts so I'd keep McCormick in given LV has had a lot of long travel. Woolfenden should move to RB but then that leaves us with an issue at CB. Is Conroy fit?

I think he'll go with the same team as Saturday, but Dunne in Knoyle at RB.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 10:08:40 »

Just out of interest did you stay in Lancaster and if so where?

Ta for the thoughts!

Stayed in the Travelodge, good location but agree with NB about the noise!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 10:14:08 »

I think he'll go with the same team as Saturday, but Dunne in Knoyle at RB.

In the short term I think you are right, but long term I reckon Dave and Richards will be in the starting 11 when fit enough, and Vigs will re-take the #1 slot.

Harsh on vigs not to get back in as he was equally as outstanding at Crawley IMO.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 11:24:06 »

Stayed in the Travelodge, good location but agree with NB about the noise!

I stayed there once, don't recall it being too noisy!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 11:36:44 »

Ear plugs? 
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 12:26:55 »

In the short term I think you are right, but long term I reckon Dave and Richards will be in the starting 11 when fit enough, and Vigs will re-take the #1 slot.

Harsh on vigs not to get back in as he was equally as outstanding at Crawley IMO.

Its been said that Vigs is No 1 I suspect he will be on the bench Sat with his long travelling and then get his shirt back next week
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #143 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 12:33:59 »

Unfortunately I can't see past a 2-1 loss today.
Well, if PV is unable to contribute today, then someone needed to say it.
Thanks WB it needed to be said Wink

I managed to watch it on my Galaxy S7 in the end, how the fuck can anyone watch games or films on a mobile (even a 5 inch screen one) is beyind me, look forward to getting back on my PC for the next one.

Haven't read back ont he comments as yet but what I saw.

I thought it was a solid performance over all, Woolf looked solid at CB, a bit less so when he went over to RB but still had a good solid game, Nelson too had a good one but what the fuck was Lancashire playing at? defended like he had just played 90 mins already, looked leggy as hell, mistimed headers and tackles and his passing was poor, we looked a lot less settled when he came on, looks like he makes the other defenders panic.

McCourt I thought had a solid game, difficult to drop for Toums in the league but could be swapped for him in the Mickey Mouse cup tomorrow.

Richards and Bayo didn't seem to work that well, not one of Richards best games for us and for me McGlashan looked better when he came on, his pace caused them all kinds of problems.

Bayo looks a great signing, has pace, strenght, can pass and hold the ball up and took his goal well (from Richards only real contribution all game).

Alzate looked good running with the ball but again his final ball still leaves a bit to be desired, like a better version of Anderson. Doughty and Tayor both looked ok, not great games but solid enough.

Knoyle let the team down with his pointless foul, the bloke must have upset him for him to lash out like that, no excuses for him, glad it didn't cost us the game but why the fuck challenge there when there was no pressure and with studs up...he deserves what he gets, which is a shame as he was playing well till then.

My MoM was McCormick - who looks the keeper that we needed last season during Vigs absence, kicked well, claimed crosses well, showed good handling and made 2 superb saves that probably won us the game.

Oh and I still see nothing in Iandolo I am afraid.

Morecambe played some good football at times, kept it down and passed it but on that sort of showing they could be in for a struggle this term.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 13:51:11 »

Harsh but this is football and PB loves a "clean sheet mentality". McCormick has given him that and has earned the shirt now on merit. A bit like Adebayo justifying his start by scoring. A clean sheet for a keeper/defence is as good as a goal. That fact is even more important this season.

Opinions on LM aside, you play the best XI you can and if LM edges LV in the GK stakes then so be it.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 10, 2018, 15:42:04 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 14:02:19 »

I would not be surprised to see Lancashire retire this season, I think he is broken.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #146 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 14:11:05 »

I would not be surprised to see Lancashire retire this season, I think he is broken.
He does not look good TBH he doesn't read the game well enough now. He looked slow and lumbering when he came on, and didn't look much better the last few games either.

You could be right, he did get a pretty bad injury and seems to have come back faster than he should...or much faster than his body is capable of.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 14:21:07 »

Brown himself said Lancs was "playing through the pain barrier".
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 10:00:13 »

Got v confused watching the highlights. Hadn't realised Morecambe had changed their colours at half time! Can anyone recall that happening before?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 10:04:20 »

Got v confused watching the highlights. Hadn't realised Morecambe had changed their colours at half time! Can anyone recall that happening before?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: