Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morecambe v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 34465 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:11:05 »

Indeed.....I did so yesterday having Lincoln home win on my 5 match ACCA.... Cost me a lost £80...
Lincoln to beat Crawley?  You'd almost have "put your mortgage on it", as the saying goes.  Unlucky or what.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:21:00 »

Not a difficult task that season was it. However that was then, this is now, we have had more or less two new teams since then and their current team probably looks a lot different too.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:41:43 »

For me the priority has got to be a ‘no frills’ home win. Nothing spectacular, a 2-0 would be fine.

We’ve only won 2 of our last 37 in all comps by 2 or more goals. That’s pathetic, and any team which is set for a promotion push needs to be able to handle a few routine home wins. Not every week, but as you say Bury needs to be a home banker.
Don't care how we do it as long as we win, a 94th minute own goal off a defenders ass will do me.  But seriously,  what a difference a season can make.  More than happy with performances this season,  just got to learn how to finish a game with 11 men,  we can't continue to end games with a get out of jail result,  studs up challenges must stop,  this is happening far too frequently.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:42:50 »

I see LP met a coachload of fans who were on a private coach on the way back yesterday at the services. He offered to pay for their coach to Yeovil, fair play for that.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:45:28 »

I see LP met a coachload of fans who were on a private coach on the way back yesterday at the services. He offered to pay for their coach to Yeovil, fair play for that.
Blimey - he must have had a bet on us to win yesterday.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 11:58:31 »

What needs explaining is how Brown’s hair looked normal on the pitch at the end of the game, yet had changed into that unspeakable highlighted quiff when interviewed on Quest moments later!
Flashheart

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 12:50:43 »

Oxford lost. At home. Not a bad weekend.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 13:28:05 »

Forgot about them. On the telly, too wasn’t it?

Relief from my amateur plumbing travails at the moment - I’m a right cock at this stuff!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 13:41:23 »

What needs explaining is how Brown’s hair looked normal on the pitch at the end of the game, yet had changed into that unspeakable highlighted quiff when interviewed on Quest moments later!

Obv used the budget on a hairdresser/stylist

adje

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 17:05:06 »

Obika notched

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, September 9, 2018, 17:08:19 »

Pre match mingling with the local care in the community population in The Eric Bartholomew, and not feeling out of place.

Quite like the faded Victorian grandeur of Morecambe.
Nice contrast to Blackpool.

iFollowed the west coast mainline to Lancaster to make a weekend of it.
What a marvellous place it is, 30 pubs within the city centre. Smiley

Lancaster is a good night out with a great selection of boozers for just about every taste, hope you had a good one.

Sadly I didn't get back to Lancaster until about 4pm yesterday after the funeral in south wales (nearly 17 hours in total on trains there and back) so missed the game, glad to see we got a win though.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 08:01:57 »

Lancaster is a good night out with a great selection of boozers for just about every taste, hope you had a good one.

Sadly I didn't get back to Lancaster until about 4pm yesterday after the funeral in south wales (nearly 17 hours in total on trains there and back) so missed the game, glad to see we got a win though.

Yeah, interesting place and an enjoyable weekend.
Had the fixture been this week, would have coincided with the Jazz Festival. Nice.

Sorry for your loss by the way.
Two years just gone since my mother passed away. Life goes on.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 08:28:29 »

Oxford lost. At home. Not a bad weekend.

5 defeats in 7. Terrible start.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 09:37:04 »

Yeah, interesting place and an enjoyable weekend.
Had the fixture been this week, would have coincided with the Jazz Festival. Nice.

Sorry for your loss by the way.
Two years just gone since my mother passed away. Life goes on.

Just out of interest did you stay in Lancaster and if so where?

Ta for the thoughts!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, September 10, 2018, 09:47:03 »

So, after the win, does Brown keep the same side v Bury?

I presume Dave will get a run out tomorrow against Newport - will he come in for McCourt?

I like Smith but he seems to like a flashy long pass which rarely finds its target. McCourt played it very simply on Saturday and played the ball to Richards who fed Adebayo for the goal - and got stuck in without getting a red!

Will he keep Wolfie at RB or move him back to CB? If so, who’ll get the RB slot?

I think now that the only player we’ll struggle to replace if out injured is Adebayo.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: