Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise Matchday Thread  (Read 33966 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:46:55 »

Sloppy goal to give away, but mostly contained them during the first half. Though they equally mostly contained us.

Second half was started slowly, and it looked like MK would score again and kill the game. But we came back into it, especially after the subs who all made a positive impact. The game was a bit more stretched too. What a time to score. Again.

On the penalties, really hard to tell. I thought the first was dead on the line which should have been given. The 'handball' I'm not so sure.

It was a good performance against a decent team, maybe not as attacking as previous games but with good reason.
-----------------
Brown not ruling out free agent signings, not ruling them in either. Can't sign until Wednesday wither way (window re-opens then).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:47:02 »

Next game up, against the 2nd worst defence in the league I think, could be a fun one.

Very important game, if we assume that Franchise will be there or thereabouts, then a battling point isn't so bad.  However, Morecambe do look as if they'll struggle, so we can't afford a slip up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:48:09 »

Oh, and our set pieces aren't quite working yet this year. Bit of a contrast to last year.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:58:07 »

Would have taken a point before kick off, with a decent ref we should have had all 3. Thought the first was deffo in the box and seeing the replays on twitter it was.
2nd was a handball too, fucking refs are crap this far down the pyramid , booking Anderson for running past and getting the ball booted at him from a free kick. Dire. Franchise will be thereabouts at seasons end, look a well drilled team.
We looked a different team with Bayo on, seems hungry and caused them alsorts of problems. Need him to start next game.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:58:11 »

I thought Franchise were quite slack. A copy of shots aside they did not exploit Town’s obvious flaws at all.

Town deserved the point.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 17:22:45 »

I thought Franchise were quite slack. A copy of shots aside they did not exploit Town’s obvious flaws at all.

Town deserved the point.
Definately this, defensively they were poor, as poor as us, even game with some good football at times from both sides.

Our corners and free kicks were rubbish, Taylor is a massive weak point in the side for me defensively and free kick wise.

2 things in this division particularly....defending free kicks and corners....attacking free kicks and corners, if you can perfect those, pretty much as Lincoln have done, you will win games.

Something that needs to change, do not try and pass the ball into the net, to score you need to shoot. It didn't work under Williams and it doesn't work now.

Do not pass long and hard to Richards for him to win, he won't, its not his strength and didn't work last season and didn't work with Norris, it is however Bayos strength and it worked when he came on like a dream.

Smith is not a defensive midfielder, he is not a tackler, his strengths are running with the ball from box to box. Again it is McCourts strength and he did it fairly well when he came on as well. His long throw is also an asset with Bayo on the pitch.

Iandolo, I am sorry hes just not good enough for me, too many wasted passes and losing possession, time for a loan move to the conference, or a league lower IMO.

Really pleased to get a point as we did deserve it today and the thought of those wank stains going home upset pleases me immensely.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 17:24:43 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 17:33:51 »

I didn't like the first half when it was nearly all long ball and losing possession against a  good defence. Second half was better with a few good moves, but our passing was often inaccurate, which can be improved as the season goes on.
Our opponents generally passed it better than us, and missed several good chances with passing approach play.

ust be the oldest
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 17:48:35 »

Haven't read back..

So far we have given lesser sides (IMO) a head start, this match we have given a better side a head start.

Didn't think we would score and predicted a 1:0 outcome.

A few things stuck out.

A goal conceded from a shot on the deck from a set piece is unforgivable.

Two pull backs on the edge of the area resulting in free kicks with no yellows is shit refereeing.

Going to ground in the area and stopping a cross with your arm is a Pen....with a clear view, a pen and card.

A draw a fair result to a team with a defence that Power should admire

Clems Army!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 18:04:53 »

Massive holes in midfield unfortunately as we attack in numbers, Smith, Alzate, Anderson and Doughty all much better going forward than defending and MK are exploiting that with their passes.
This was the major issue for me today. Smith is nowhere near disciplined enough in today's setup. Was caught wandering too often & gave the ball away too frequently. There were regularly massive holes in the middle of the park allowing MK to break with pace. Hopefully this will be eradicated when Toums returns from his ban as he holds his position well & generally offers the back four more protection (which they desperately need) than Smith will! 

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 18:10:13 »

Just had a few post match Guinesses in The Plough. Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that. More entertainment in the first 3 games than a shedload under Flitcroft.

Alzate is fucking class - he was the go to player all game and a well deserved MoM. Anderson played really well - 2nd half especially. I like Nelson - he knows his limitations and plays accordingly.

Could have won, could have lost.

I fucking love this club.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 18:20:27 »

Alzate is fucking class - he was the go to player all game and a well deserved MoM.
Really? I think he has skill but does the same as Anderson, runs into dead ends and wants too many touches with little end product. I think he could come good but thought he was probably our most wasteful player early on in the game and didn't come alive until Doughty had gone off.

Bayo was hands down MoM for me, won everything thrown at him and passed well and took the goal really well, didn't stop running.

Interesting how we all see different things in players.

Saying that I thought Alzate was probably the pick of the midfield quartet of Anderson, Alzate, Doughty and Smith. I also thought McGlashan was hard done by being taken off, he had the beating of the old fucker Lewington all game.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 18:29:19 »

I love watching him play - he’s too good for L2.

Power needs to get his chequebook out for Adebayo. It’s so obvious where we are weak - Lancashire, Taylor. Get that sorted and we’re good to go.

Get Woolery into this team and he’ll cause havoc, too. If we play 2 up front - Adebayo and Richards - who drops out of midfield?

Go 3 at the back - Conroy, Nelson and Wolfie - and go for it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #252 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 18:31:26 »

I love watching him play - he’s too good for L2.

Power needs to get his chequebook out for Adebayo. It’s so obvious where we are weak - Lancashire, Taylor. Get that sorted and we’re good to go.

Get Woolery into this team and he’ll cause havoc, too. If we play 2 up front - Adebayo and Richards - who drops out of midfield?

Go 3 at the back - Conroy, Nelson and Wolfie - and go for it.
I think Bayo could be a star this season given the right conditions, he won everything today in the air and has pace too.

I agree totally about Lanky and Taylor, easily the 2 weak links, unfortunate that they play on the same side of defence as almost all out goals conceded so far have come on that side.

I think a fit Woolery will be a big asset too.

Flashheart

« Reply #253 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 18:44:03 »

Alzate is class.

I noticed today that Taylor does not look comfortable on the ball at times, surprising for somebody of his pedigree and experience.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 19:42:21 »

Sky highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/11488241/swindon-1-1-mk-dons

Crap really as it's all franchise with none of our pen shouts
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: