Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Franchise Matchday Thread  (Read 34207 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #225 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:50:06 »

Bayo was my MoM even before he scored. Him and McCourt changed the game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:50:52 »

Bayo constantly troubled the best defence in the league. Has to start next game. McCourt probably deserves to start ahead of Smith on today’s showing too.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:52:21 »

Fuck me, that felt good.  I have renewed my loathing for the filthy Franchise.  Their little stony faces make it all worthwhile.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:53:46 »

We’ve definitely got ourselves a player in Adebayo.
Handful for defenders and scores goals.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:54:32 »

Well, I thought we were more ragged in the 2nd half but could easily have been awarded about 3 penalties and a great finish by Adebayo.  Get rid of the corner and it's a toss-up of a game I think, and I'd say they were the 2nd best team we will play this season after Lincoln.  Nelson is all over the shop but he does tend to get something of his body on the ball, unlike Lancashire.  The left back slot worries me, but we should be in with a shout this season.  Very few teams will keep us down to a few shots on target and 3 or 4 possible penalties.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:54:55 »

I'll take that
adje

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:55:16 »

Was that literally the last kick of the game?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:55:33 »

We’ve definitely got ourselves a player in Adebayo.
Handful for defenders and scores goals.
Much better than Richards in that role, Richards is pointless unless he has a partner as he's a poacher type.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 15:56:36 »

Much better than Richards in that role, Richards is pointless unless he has a partner as he's a poacher type.

But he still had the 2nd best chance of the game and could and should have probably scored.  he has that sniffers instinct.  I'd probably use him more as the sub, and use Adebayo to start the game.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:00:10 »

I know I’m going over old ground but Adebayo & Mullin as a front two would have been pretty handy in my opinion.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:00:54 »

Next game up, against the 2nd worst defence in the league I think, could be a fun one.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:01:53 »

But he still had the 2nd best chance of the game and could and should have probably scored.  he has that sniffers instinct.  I'd probably use him more as the sub, and use Adebayo to start the game.

Why not 442, with McCourt/Diagouraga, Doughty, Alzate and Anderson/Smith?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:04:25 »

Agree, start with Adebayo. We all can see that Alzate is more of an impact player so utilise him that way, bring Richards on to clean up the match/score a late headed corner when teams are tiring. Largely I think PB has been trying to find his best XI, without actually having it yet. Maybe Nelson and Wolfie could be a good pairing. One who gets his head in the way (Nelson) and one who plays more calmly (Wolf). It remains to be seen but when Conroy is fit too we could be alright at CB now?

LB is a slight concern as Taylor doesn't seem to be up to speed yet, although he grew into the game and had little threat. He would also be a good impact/see the game out type player, just wondering who could play at LB. I guess Woolery if we altered to a LWB role but that'd be detrimental to his more attacking style (he's a Winger really). I think...we're going to be alright. Cut out silly errors in defence (PB's got to be furious with that today) and we're in with a chance!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:04:59 »

Was that literally the last kick of the game?

No, there was probably about 45 seconds played after the restart.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 16:22:43 »

Well that was crap - the referee I mean!  Denied two clear penalties, one trip clearly inside the box and a guy makes a diving block and puts the ball round the post with an outstretched hand but he gives a corner!!  Draw probably a fair result, but we have got to improve and quickly if we are to be anywhere near the playoffs.  Slow start but no real shape to the team, headless chickens at times.  I think Brown set us up to contain rather than attack, 4-5-1 at home!!  Came alove when we put Elijah on, they couldn't handle him.  For me the standout performance was Vigs, kept us in the game at times.  Nelson too can take some credit for a decent performance/
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: