Poll
Question: Would you support a kickstarter?  (Voting closed: Sunday, September 2, 2018, 12:16:08)
Yes - 17 (89.5%)
No - 2 (10.5%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Loathed Strangers Podcast  (Read 327402 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 21:43:46 »

I'd say don't over expose. Keep um mean etc
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 21:54:21 »

I'd say don't over expose. Keep um mean etc

I went into the suspension of the season fully planning to wind down for a bit but then the chance to talk to the current players kept coming through and I'm not one to turn down recordings!

There is a plan to return to normality with a few tweaks to come.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 22:05:14 »

Rich, when you had the initial idea for the podcast where did you expect it too go? Because fair fucks too you mate, it’s been outstanding - it’s been a godsend too me for a lot of very long journeys.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 22:17:11 »

Rich, when you had the initial idea for the podcast where did you expect it too go? Because fair fucks too you mate, it’s been outstanding - it’s been a godsend too me for a lot of very long journeys.

I had a few ideas which that were overly ambitious/naive but I've kept most of it together. I always wanted to incorporate more supporters but it's trickier to prep from Bristol.

If I started it all over again, perhaps I would have done it over 10 episodes per season twice a year or something like that as, Christmas Day aside, I have worked on LSPOD in some way or another every day for two years (which has flown by).

Still love doing it though.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 22:18:36 »

Fair play to you mate, it’s been brilliant.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 01:06:16 »

I'd say one episode a week or even month is plenty enough. Harvest that content/those interviews Rich. There's some great stuff there and we should be teased it. Maybe you could introduce snippets of future episodes of what awaits us?

Having said that, during this time it has of course been great to listen to so much original content and frequently. Ambassador, you've spoiled us  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 07:34:29 »

I'd say one episode a week or even month is plenty enough. Harvest that content/those interviews Rich. There's some great stuff there and we should be teased it. Maybe you could introduce snippets of future episodes of what awaits us?

Having said that, during this time it has of course been great to listen to so much original content and frequently. Ambassador, you've spoiled us  Wink

I disagree with that Rich. Can you do 3 or 4 a week please. Thanks.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:37:02 »

Would be great to hear from some of the old boys from the Macari, Ardiles and Hoddle era but realise they must be harder to organise.

John Trollope would be a dream one given his history with the club and how fondly the ex youth team players like Adi Viveash and Stuart James speak about their respect for him.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:48:37 »

I've podcasts are mostly generational when it comes to guests. Getting pre-2000 players isn't as easy as I'd like.

I started tentative plans to arrange something with Don Rogers for example (just before lockdown).

Some prefer face-to-face which takes more planning.

Some don't want to use Skype or use social media.

Some are too big (Glenn Hoddle does evenings where he makes a tidy amount of money) and it seems Paolo Di Canio's friends struggle to contact Paolo Di Canio.

Some simply don't want to talk about their careers.

I'd love more era variation but the one thing I've learned doing this is that when an ex-player agrees, you give that person the courtesy of focussing on their episode over anything else.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:51:56 »

I've podcasts are mostly generational when it comes to guests. Getting pre-2000 players isn't as easy as I'd like.

I started tentative plans to arrange something with Don Rogers for example (just before lockdown).

Some prefer face-to-face which takes more planning.

Some don't want to use Skype or use social media.

Some are too big (Glenn Hoddle does evenings where he makes a tidy amount of money) and it seems Paolo Di Canio's friends struggle to contact Paolo Di Canio.

Some simply don't want to talk about their careers.

I'd love more era variation but the one thing I've learned doing this is that when an ex-player agrees, you give that person the courtesy of focussing on their episode over anything else.

Absolutely, cater to your guests not us demanding fans

Oh...and...

Get Miglioranzi on...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 10:16:14 »

I cannot believe I haven't listened to these. Just listened to The Caddis and Doyle ones back to back.
Rich these are fantastic!

About to paint my garden table and listen to the Austin one!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 10:17:59 »

Absolutely, cater to your guests not us demanding fans

Oh...and...

Get Miglioranzi on...

Hes done one i think
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 10:20:22 »

Scrap that, i thought he had. My bad
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 10:26:23 »

You thinking of Grazioli?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 11:57:17 »

Migs was *fully* on board but won't use Skype because he had a bad experience previously (account was hacked).

He is a super nice chap.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: